ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Optimax changing its name and octane

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Hi all, unsure if this has been discussed before - but i know that people have been mentioning that optimax is going to be called V fuel if im correct?? i was told the other day that optimax is no more - although they have yet to change the signs etc etc - the fuel we are actually getting is over 100 octane - anybody else heard this (so we are actually getting better fuel for the same price as before)

cheers Paul

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
in light of the last sentence in your paragraph, "better fuel for the same price as before" I doubt this very much.

cock mobile.
I hope it's not 100 Octane, they'll just add 20p on a ltr for that extra 2 RON.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Im not saying that its true - just this is what i was told - vpower vfuel what ever its going to be called at the moment we are getting higher octane fuel for the same price as optimax

Still a rip off anyway -

thanks for your comments

Focus ST
Somebody mentioned that Shell has sold a lot of its garages to BP. Is this true??

Seems Shell is changing a few things lately..

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Gweebs said:
Somebody mentioned that Shell has sold a lot of its garages to BP. Is this true??

yeah thats true, two of my local garages have just sold up

Gweebs said:

My 2 nearest ones have been sold off.

One is now BP, the other is Texaco

IntegraTypeR, Corolla GT
Its getting called V-Power in line with Europe but I seriously doubt the octane will change. I had to pay £104.9/litre on Monday for Optimax. Bloody disgrace.

133/225/CLS AMG
I hope they don't sell off the Shell garages, I'm fortunate as I have on Shell within a mile of my house and another within about 3 miles of my house!! :D

Have read on a few other forums that Optimax is being replaced with a higher RON fuel, no doubt they will charge mega money. Thats fine for me as I do under 50 miles a week but for anyone wanting too use it regularly its gonna be extremely costly. :(

Shell has just recently lost a high court battle over its Optimax branding. I believe some other company holds th rights to the name so that is why the name is changing to VPower so it is the same as the name in europe.