ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One Epic Euro Road-Trip - Full Report

340i
woah woah woah... You mean this is acutaly going in Fastcar magazine? ;)

We will be.. Like.. Erm... Amazing celebrities!!!

Dan... Would I be able to get a copy of all your images? Can post a few DVD's to you or a memory pen? :)

Yeh no worries mate. What I'll do is burn everything (photos, videos) to DVD and send them to whoever wants them (who was on the trip! ;):

PM me your address mate :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Great write up! I leave on Thursday for a week doing England - France - Switzerland - Germany - France - England.:D

Got me really in the mood now:eek:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Still planning a definate route. After seeing this i might try and fit in Bruges. Looks fantastic.

Storm Grey 200
That trip looked really, awesome.

I enjoyed reading the writeup, it was good.

One day I will do a similar thing...

Clio 172 RS2
Excellent post!

Roadtripping... it's all about the journey.

Guess you bunch had the times of your lives ie. epic stuff.

Nice camwork Dan Freeman! :star:

Mine? If so, yeh really well. Really pleased with it, sounded mint in all the endless tunnels we went through, although it was drowned out by the sounds of Grays race exhaust on his 172!!

Im thinking of decat-ing it, not too sure yet though.

Golf GTD Mk7
Looks like a wicked trip guys. Wish my mates were up for doing something like this :( jealous! Good on you, plus it worked out less money than I'd imagined. More tempted now :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I have had an email from the Swiss Police about the Burpspeed sticker on the signpost,
1,500euro fine:eek:.

Looked a good trip though.

Yozza'd BG
Mine? If so, yeh really well. Really pleased with it, sounded mint in all the endless tunnels we went through, although it was drowned out by the sounds of Grays race exhaust on his 172!!

Im thinking of decat-ing it, not too sure yet though.

Not been in any tunnels with mine yet. I think the catback system is loud enough so no decat for me lol. Ye, my yozza was vibrating through the floor a bit after id driven it hard for about half an hour on a road trip I did around Scotland. A wee 5 minute rest did the trick! :S

Clio 172 Cup
This whole thing has made me green with envy!! It looks immense and great write-up. What did you budget on the trip start to finish?

All my mates have empty sacks and only enjoy driving to work and back, think I need some new mates!! lol

Qashcow
I have had an email from the Swiss Police about the Burpspeed sticker on the signpost,

lol, pass the bill to fastcar mag;)

ive spent the whole day at work depressed. i need to go back very soon, i cant get over how much of an immense time us 7 had!!

FLOL! Yeh FastCar can pick up that bill ;)

Mr. Valver - I budgeted for about £800, so I came in well under that. Tbh, all of us weren't really counting the pennies, it was a holiday so just have a good time, spend some dosh and worry about it when you get back.

Qashcow
mr valver, new friend hunt if you ask me lol. we allowed for about £600 per car initially so not a bad guess

ITB'd 182...
Mate I was speaking to Dave earlier when I picked up the walkies, Im very tempted to go back! I'm not kidding either!!

Let me know details when you know, and I'll see where I stand.

Will do some digging, Get dates etc and we can go from there :)

Clio 172 Cup
I was expecting those sort of figures, which for the experiance is like no other holiday!!

The ring would add a fair few quid in since I don't have mates with connections :dapprove:

Maybe a CS Euro Tour is whats needed. Leave some CS Police here to keep check of course!! :rasp:

A CS tour sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. From that experience, a trip with more than 4 cars, I wont take part. It's just too much hassle, and on the mountain passes, a potential nightmare to stick together (and more risk of accidents).

ITB'd 182...
A CS tour sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. From that experience, a trip with more than 4 cars, I wont take part. It's just too much hassle, and on the mountain passes, a potential nightmare to stick together (and more risk of accidents).

+1

4 cars got split up even with maps, walkie talkies, sat navs...... but there were two Northeners with us so that was always a recipe for disaster ;)

+1

4 cars got split up even with maps, walkie talkies, sat navs...... but there were two Northeners with us so that was always a recipe for disaster ;)

That one day we got split up after about 3 minutes of driving lol! God knows how we managed that, but it's easily done.

ITB'd 182...
That one day we got split up after about 3 minutes of driving lol! God knows how we managed that, but it's easily done.

I woke up Sunday morning expecting to hear Neil's Aid's cough......

Was gutted tbh when all the lad's werent there :eek: haha