ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One Epic Euro Road-Trip - Full Report

340i
ABSOLUTELY amazing trip guys... Some great moments, epic sights blah blah... Well I guess what I am trying to say is... Same again next year? OHHH YYYEEEEESSS!!

Big thanks to Dave for organising the trip, Chief holiday rep :D

And to Neil for getting us the 'ring passes.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I need to look at these when my boss isn't in the room, I can get away with the forum with no pics as it looks like it could be work, but 100,000 pics of clio's? I don't think I can swing it...

I'll reserve comment until then, but after speaking to Neil at FCS, can I come next year? Please? (I'm SRS)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fantastic pictures/write up Dan!

Looks like an awesome trip, would love to do something like this!

can I come next year? Please? (I'm SRS)

Thanks for the comments :)

I really hope we do something like this next year, but one thing we quickly realised is that you couldn't make it work with loads of cars.

There was originally 6 cars down for the trip, and we thought that would be a handful - 4 was much better. I would say that would be the limit, any more and it just becomes a nightmare to organise everything - even keeping together on the motorways lol!

We'll see what happens next year :)

RB 197
Epic sums it up! I am so so so JEALOUS!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time and some awesome pics to add the story up and to remember it by. One day 'hopefully' i'll find a bunch of idiots to let me tag along with them :D

340i
I'm bringing my car next year...Passenger wasn'tas good! Will show Gray how to drive... ;)

pppffrrrrtt you wish you had 10% of my talent ;)

as said above anymore than 4 cars would be OTT.. Was hard enough keeping us together lol! "go go go.. Overtake, the road is clear" hahaa

ohh Dan btw, what do you want to do about walkie talkie monies?!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just sat and went through it, only one word for it: Brilliant.

Me and a few friends want to do something similar, but they're an unorganised bunch, so I may be better to set it up with some of those who are keen from CS :)

lol, yeh we had enough brown pants moments with 4 cars, any more would be trouble!

Gray - Don't worry about it mate. Give it to me on the next trip next year ;)

Just sat and went through it, only one word for it: Brilliant.

Me and a few friends want to do something similar, but they're an unorganised bunch, so I may be better to set it up with some of those who are keen from CS :)

That's a recipe for disaster mate. Fair play to Dave, he spent weeks preparing the route, and booking all the camp sites etc. Proper holiday rep ;)

Coupe/Defender V8
DSC_4858.jpg

rofl.

fantastic writeup and looks a blast and a half

Honda & VW
That looks like an immense trip guys, some AMAZING photography there.
I would really love to do this, me and my mates talked about doing this a few years back but at the time a few of us had just bought our house, others had car issues so it never happened :(

oh and btw its either Bruges or Brugge;)

Looks like Dave had melted a gurt hole in the snow here almost causing a minor avalanche.....

DSC_5401.jpg

Last edited:
I posted a rough cost earlier, it was in the region of £500-600 for me, but I had no passenger (tears!), so I didnt split all the costs.

But bare in mind we didn't pay for the ring, which would add quite a bit on top of that depending on how many laps you wanted to do.

Qashcow
mine works out about £600 too, we ate out quite a bit more than i had planned too tbh.

im lucky that my fuel cost will be halved, but £600 if you were doing it alone, plus ring laps.

we will be defo doing something next year again, its too epic not too!

REMEMBER GUYS, IT WILL BE FEATURED IN FASTCAR MAGAZINE FOR EVEN MORE DETAILS OF THE TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good mention bomber....INDEED IT WILL BE IN FASTCAR

i haven't looked at my account yet..i'm scared.... ITB's + petrol === a big credit card balance...lol

Qashcow
just read the last bit Dan, we were sat in the traffic after that junction. despite getting the ferry 2 hours earlier, we got home 15 minutes after you lol

CLIO PH1 172
looks epic would love to do something like this one day!!!! nice write up cant wait to see this in FC!!

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
read all the way through, and watched all the video's

Thats was a f00king epic trip!!!!!!!!

I must do this!

just read the last bit Dan, we were sat in the traffic after that junction. despite getting the ferry 2 hours earlier, we got home 15 minutes after you lol

lol, so just as well I missed the ferry then! I was debating just staying on the motorway hoping it would clear, but I'm glad I got off!
I past over the motorway and got a view of the incident, loads of police cars etc and a helicopter, so must have been pretty serious :(

I've just uploaded another video, it's the same video of us going up the Stelvio Pass, but I've added Neil's footage to make a PiP video.

It's not long finished so the quality will improve at some point.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nG1tdA2ZPrg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nG1tdA2ZPrg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

ITB'd 182...
You has some skillzzzz, Dan!

Awesome being able to watch the vids back :)

MEMORIES........

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
awesome lads awesome, i was so tempted to call in work when i saw bomber just before you left, woulda been a great trip. next time ill be there. nice write up and some excelent pics

Awesome trip, similar to where we went last summer except our night out was in Brussels! We even did the same mileage pretty much, spooky! Awesome roads, awesome shots and wish I could afford to go again, NOW!

Last edited:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Brilliant read, fair play guys for doing something we all talk about and most never get round too!

:cool: