ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

From doing a bit of CS research, unless the design has changed since they became available again, it seems the Yozza stealth shares the same pipework as the yozza race system; the difference between the two being the backbox. Meaning it also uses the 63.5mm diameter and the race and stealth rear boxes are interchangeable? :)

So, really now my two options to consider are the Yozza stealth and the BTB stealth, £399.00 and £449.99 respectively.

Oh and photo from the entrance to FCS;

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Also, things to do over the summer;

Engine finished - RS2 intake, 428 cams, hoses, catch tank, etc being fitted at JMS on July 18th. (my birthday ;) ) Will be mapped as soon as possible afterwards at RST.

Sort new exhaust - as above, either yozza or BTB stealth.

New carbon bits to replace the current ones - proper streamline pre-preg this time around.

Recaro PP or Furious fixed seats.

Done! :evil:

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

You can get the race system but with a stealth tip iirc.

So no bumper cutting but the epic race noise.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Id go for a yozza mate. Has it got spacers?

No mate, spacer free for now.

I think it could do with some eventually. :)

You can get the race system but with a stealth tip iirc.

So no bumper cutting but the epic race noise.

That was going to be my choice, Mike.

But, I didn't really want another loud exhaust.

As an everyday car, I'd sooner find something a little more refined. I'd still like to know it's there, but not be too loud. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Couple of bits to get sorted tomorrow.

The drivers side CV boot clip has come loose, meaning I've got grease slowly covering my wheel! Also, the exhaust mount will be swapped over tomorrow too. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sorted. The Prima competition exhaust mount is very good, wish I'd have opted for it sooner, rather than messing about trying to bodge repair the old one!

So, the old exhaust mount looking very tired. Bearing in mind this photo was from a while ago, so it's in even worse condition now!

5634443618_efd254585c_z.jpg

And the new Prima competition mount fitted, no more sagging rear box;

5842926063_6c44bba8a2_z.jpg

It's also cured the issue of the exhaust reverberating through the car, which was driving me mad!

Very impressed with the product, would recommend. ;)

I think the K-Tec exhaust will still be replaced though, as the drone at motorway cruising speed is equally frustrating and I think I've slightly grown out of the noise.

Clio 172 RS2

Aah so this is the thread i missed! :eek:

You've got deep pockets mate... great uprated parts though.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I've decided to run aerocatches. There's a couple of reasons; my car never had the bonnet catch recall done and they look cool. :evil:

Once they're on, I think the slam panel may go.

I'm hoping to get a few replacement bits ordered from streamline soon too!

Anyway, photos from Sunday. They've been posted in a seperate media thread because I was happy with them, but thought I would pop a few in here also;

5849202439_e462c3c1bd_z.jpg

5849759956_fa4b35ddf8_z.jpg

5849204159_68db71acac_z.jpg

5849205803_3dabcaf728_z.jpg

5849761236_b8e7938cb3_z.jpg

Clio 172 Cup

What do you think to the GAZ set up on your car? Would you recommend this kit or would you recommend something different?

Car is looking good as always. Love the wheels. Was good to see it in the flesh at FCS! :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good :approve:

How much was the exhaust mount, and where from?

Ollie's Silver Cup

What do you think to the GAZ set up on your car? Would you recommend this kit or would you recommend something different?

Car is looking good as always. Love the wheels. Was good to see it in the flesh at FCS! :)

I initially ordered them before reading some of the 'horror stories' regarding them on here (leaking, etc); I had a Ford previously where they were highly recommended, so based my choice on that.

After seeing some of the comments on here after, I was a little worried that I'd have problems with them, but, to be honest they've been on for over a year now and I've never had a single problem.

The only problem I had with them was when ordering. I ordered a kit for a 172 cup and received the 60mm hole spacing version, which were obviously no use for my car. It was a bit of a battle to get GAZ to replace them; they continuously argued that 60mm was the correct size and that 172 cup and 182 cup shared the same suspension fitment on the front. Eventually, they agreed to swap them over for the correct ones.

I feel I've got them set-up in a way that's pretty perfect for my needs, also.

With regards to the fact they've been (so far) reliable and I've been happy with the handling, I would recommend them. Cost wise, they're available for pretty cheap too.

I think though, if I was buying again now, I'd spend a little more and consider a more premium german brand (KW, Bilstein) or even the new Spax kit from Danny at 519.

Looking good :approve:

How much was the exhaust mount, and where from?

It's from Prima racing. They're £35 each iirc (plus delivery £9).

Really really impressed with it actually; I wish I'd have bought it months ago! :)

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

How are you finding the new steering wheel? I'm considering one...

TrackCar & F30 330d

So when are you getting all this kit fitted and mapped fella

Oh his birthday! 18th of July I think.

If you use areocatches and remove the slam panel then the top of the radiator will flop forward and backward and it may hit your fancy carbon airbox. So there are two options you could do. Buy a shorter vag rad for £40 (same as mine) and a slimline fan (£30) eBay jobbie. It works fine and the fan does cool the engine when its on. OR get some cable ties and tie the rad to your bumper like I had to do. As your having the hoses done then changing the rad would be a worthwhile thing.

Ollie's Silver Cup

How are you finding the new steering wheel? I'm considering one...

Really like it. I find it to be the perfect size! :D

Brilliant value too.

So when are you getting all this kit fitted and mapped fella

As Chris said, it's booked in at JMS on the 18th July. So about 2 weeks time.

Hoping to get the RS Tuning for mapping the same week, or the following week. :)

Oh his birthday! 18th of July I think.

If you use areocatches and remove the slam panel then the top of the radiator will flop forward and backward and it may hit your fancy carbon airbox. So there are two options you could do. Buy a shorter vag rad for £40 (same as mine) and a slimline fan (£30) eBay jobbie. It works fine and the fan does cool the engine when its on. OR get some cable ties and tie the rad to your bumper like I had to do. As your having the hoses done then changing the rad would be a worthwhile thing.

I definitely want to run aero catches, just undecided on the slam panel at the moment.

Did the rad connect straight up to the hoses? Or, did you have to modify anything? :)

I seem to remember the link to your rad being posted (in your project thread I believe) so I'll have a look later! :approve:

182 Turbo Project

I thought the whole concept of the JMS set up was that you didn't have to modify the slam panel?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Think your RS2 is gonna be on before mine :(

My cars still down with the JMS boys trying to get to the bottom of this wobble, bad times... New shaft didn't solve the issue.

I wouldn't take off the slam panel if you don't have to, aero catches are mint though.

TrackCar & F30 330d

The hoses are in excactly the same place and they fit spot on. I'm sure JMS could knock up a small bracket for the smaller rad. The info is in my project thread, its in big writing i think :)

Removing the slam panle will make it look neater and if you trim the grill like mine then it looks really neat :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I thought the whole concept of the JMS set up was that you didn't have to modify the slam panel?

You don't have the modify the slam panel, it fits in perfectly without any cutting/moving :)

I just like the neatness and look of running aerocatches without the slam panel.

Think your RS2 is gonna be on before mine :(

My cars still down with the JMS boys trying to get to the bottom of this wobble, bad times... New shaft didn't solve the issue.

Hmm that wobble's turning into a bit of nightmare! What's next to try? :(

I wouldn't take off the slam panel if you don't have to, aero catches are mint though.

It's just personal choice really, it could be easily swapped back if I was to cut up a replacement grille/panel :)

The hoses are in excactly the same place and they fit spot on. I'm sure JMS could knock up a small bracket for the smaller rad. The info is in my project thread, its in big writing i think :)

Removing the slam panle will make it look neater and if you trim the grill like mine then it looks really neat :)

I'm going to have a look at the info in your thread today.

I'll probably sort that after JMS have had the car, I think. :)

I'd be trimming it, like you have done.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Fingers crossed you get a good result/gain/feel after the conversion!

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'm intrigued to see how the RS2 performs alongside the 428's :)

Hopefully the combination will be a success!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Not long now.... Your gonna beat me to having yours fitted!

My car is still down at JMS :(

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'm interested to see as well. Are we allowed to place bets yet? ;)

It's a difficult one to predict really, as I can't think of many cars running an RS2 with uprated cams. I'm hoping they will compliment each other nicely.

Although it would be nice to pull impressive figures, as long as it drives and responds well, I'm not too fussed. :)

Your ITB'd engine is running aftermarket cams too, isn't it? :cool:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Also, unrelated to performance, but a while ago Tom mentioned that the carbon section of the RS2 could be polished up with a DA if desired.

As I had some free time this morning, I thought I'd give this a shot.

I used Menzerna super finish light compound, on a finish pad. Really pleased with the results, the carbon now appears to have so much more depth, gloss and detail to it. :D

5929860452_83abc59921_z.jpg

5929860660_f362288974_z.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Any closer to getting the problem resolved? :(

About to speak to Tom and give the go ahead for a New gearbox! Its about the only thing left now it can be! The car will probably still be down there when you drop yours off, although I am told my RS2 is on and all my Pipes so feel free to have a look and see what your finished Item will look like ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Although it would be nice to pull impressive figures, as long as it drives and responds well, I'm not too fussed. :)

I applaud you for your sensible expectations, but im afriad it might be too uncontroversial for this place ;)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Also, unrelated to performance, but a while ago Tom mentioned that the carbon section of the RS2 could be polished up with a DA if desired.

I used Menzerna super finish light compound, on a finish pad. Really pleased with the results, the carbon now appears to have so much more depth, gloss and detail to it. :D

5929860452_83abc59921_z.jpg

5929860660_f362288974_z.jpg

Looking good Oliver!!

Ollie's Silver Cup

About to speak to Tom and give the go ahead for a New gearbox! Its about the only thing left now it can be! The car will probably still be down there when you drop yours off, although I am told my RS2 is on and all my Pipes so feel free to have a look and see what your finished Item will look like ;)

I'll hopefully have a look at yours on Monday. Did you go with the Forge pipes in the end, or the SFS ones? :)

As you've said, the gearbox is about the only thing left that could be causing it! Nightmare!

I applaud you for your sensible expectations, but im afriad it might be too uncontroversial for this place ;)

LOL! :approve:

Being a resident JMS associate, can you remember if any RS2's have been fitted alongside aftermarket cams? :)

I know James' ran with the C&B ones for a while?

Looking good Oliver!!

Thanks mate! :D

Trophy #382

Mine needs this doing but alas, I cannot be bothered lol! Not long now :evil: