ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Evo 5 RS
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

They're just epic, Matt's track **** which is stripped and de-catted sounds the absolute nuts. I'd rather remain ignorant to it for the sake of my wallet

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Stealth yozza race sounds good.

Better noise, and lighter then the k-tec system I am currently running.

Ollie's Silver Cup

TBH, I'm starting to grow sick of the KTR/Janspeed stealth; I'm spending a bit more time on the motorway than I was when I first bought it, and that's where it tends to bug me.

I think it's going to have to be a Yozza race stealth! :evil: If I'd known they made them, I'd have probably gone that way first time around!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Update. Just spoken to Tom, who's confirmed July 18th as the date for the work.

That'll be fitting of the RS2, cat cam 428's, silicone coolant hose set and catch tank! :)

Cannot wait now. Luckily, I have a busy few weeks at work that will make the time fly I'm sure! :approve:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Spoox use the 295mm AP rotors as part of their 106/205/306 4-pot conversions. Their pricing is £187 per rotor, would be nice if Jamsport got them a little cheaper. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

As FCS '11 is only a few days away, I thought I'd clean up my wheels this morning, so it's not such a massive job on Saturday!

They've not been cleaned since I did the machine polishing, so they were a bit dirty; plus, covered in tyre soap from the fitting of the AD08's last week.

Before;

5789850940_7b5a36a798_z.jpg

and after;

5789296917_a85151ec4e_z.jpg

I couldn't resist giving the car a quick wash in the process. Snow foam and washed with supernatural;

5789851316_06de3da3ef_z.jpg

RB One Eight Two

This car is absolutely stunning. Fair play to you mate ;)

172 cup, Impreza P1

on the before the wheels look to have some epic curbage on them.

That's what I thought at first and thought getting wheel refurbs was the wrong thing to do as a machine polisher does a better job at a fraction of the price. lol:eek:

Ollie's Silver Cup

on the before the wheels look to have some epic curbage on them.

haha! No curbing at all, it's just tyre soap from fitting the AD08's last week. :)

This car is absolutely stunning. Fair play to you mate ;)

Thanks! :D

such a tidy motor!

Cheers mate! :)

Arguably the most tastefully (relatively heavily) modified car in the club.

I love it.

:D

How you finding the Neova's?

Really good, very impressed with them.

Such an improvement over the Parada's (and I was a fan of Parada's). The sidewalls are much better!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Oh and just when all was going well...limp mode!! :dead:

Went into work this afternoon. Drove there absolutely fine, started it up to come home this evening and after about 50 yards, the car went into limp mode. s**t!

Ibiza FR

Ahh not good news! If it's the throttle body (which caused my limp mode) It will be gone when the RS2 is fitted ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Well, for now, it's out of limp mode and running as normal again. :)

I believe it was caused by the de-cat, playing havoc with the second lambda sensor. To further this, although limp mode has gone, the emissions light has now remained on.

I'll see how it goes; if it does it again, I'll unplug that lambda so it gets some clean fresh air and go from there... :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

How many miles have you done with your de-cat fitted Oliver?

I've done about 2,000 miles without any probs yet (touches wood)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'm not sure on mileage tbh mate, but it's been on since Jan/Feb time, so a good few months.

Never had an issue before; I was very surprised I never had the emissions light.

Hopefully this was just a one off.

FF 182

Filled up with deifferent petrol recently mate? Found that filling my car up with normal tesco unleaded, when it hits abotu a quarter of a tank my emissions light comes on :( so been filling up with the 99 ron and its been fine since and my light went off. May just be coincidence i dunno :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Not that I can think of, it's just been V-Power in mine. :)

I'm certain it was caused by the second second lambda sensor and the decat.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Not that I can think of, it's just been V-Power in mine. :)

I'm certain it was caused by the second second lambda sensor and the decat.

ive got my 2nd lamda pluged up in the heat shield and mine has never come on. fitted for 2 months and only run v-power too.

also how much and where did you purchase your cams? (pm me if you want) im looking at doing the same with regards to the cam and rs2 setup, probably late this year/early next year.

and it has been said before but i f*ucking love your car. i think its my fave on here tbh. :D

Last edited:
  Ollie's Silver Cup

Fingers crossed it will be okay when I head out this morning! :approve:

I got the cams through K-Tec, as they were the cheapest for the catcams when looking around for them. I was a little confused, as the catcam website states K-Tec is the exclusive distributor for the Renault range of cams, yet other places list/sell them too.

Obviously they're not the cheapest part to have fitted either; basically you're paying for a cam belt service plus a little extra for getting the cover off, cam seals, etc. :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

I never had a problem with the de-cat on my ph1 and I had both lambda's plugged in, always ran it on 95.

When I put the de-cat on the trophy the light came on after around 150 miles and I always ran it on V-power

Ollie's Silver Cup

Today it's been absolutely fine, so fingers crossed it was a one-off issue :)

Just the emissions light has remained on now.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Car is cleaned ready for FCS tomorrow. Such much easier having cleaned it only a couple of days back, especially with the wheels. :approve:

Just got to give the inside a hoover and wipe over, and then I'm done! :cool:

Clio 172 Cup

Can't wait to see this in the flesh. Such a great car! Bet its looking spanking clean.

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Yep, looking foward to seeing this, wanna eye up the polarised bolts! Will come and find you at some point dude.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Yep, looking foward to seeing this, wanna eye up the polarised bolts! Will come and find you at some point dude.

I'm hoping to get a good luck at your ITB setup too; and how TDF mounted the catch tank! ;)

Yes mate, be sure to catch you at some point tomorrow! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks, mate! :D

Strangely, my emissions light turned itself out driving home from FCS. Strange. It'll make it's mind up one day!