ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Dodgy one
Call of Duty: Black Ops for Xbox 360 features:

• Retro Warfare: Call of Duty explodes the myths of the Cold War as you join a team of Black Ops soldiers caught up in the fight against communism in Vietnam and beyond.
  • Ammu-Nation: Use new special ammo including an explosive crossbow, Dragon's Breath flame rounds for your shotgun and a range of other period weapons.
  • Twisted Metal: Take the controls of the iconic SR-71 Blackbird as you direct operations from high above or jump into an attack chopper in Vietnam for some close-up action.
  • Online Perks: Create-a-Class 2.0 customisation tool lets you personalise your online battles even more, with new perks and revamped rules for killstreaks.
:cool:

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Looks like the game got leaked last night. Sure loads of pikeys on here will be on it and saying "my friend owns a game shop" lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Can't believe how close this is now. I hope the online multiplayer doesn't melt with millions of people on. Lol

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
aye and I hope its no full of cheats

They reakon they have a new security thingy. I don't think there will be boosting as much, or not as obviously done this time. Prestige will more than likely be done but that's no biggy. Ps3 seems o suffer way more with hacks than the xbox version to be fair. I have both systems before it starts a fanboy war.

Whatever, cheaters or not it'll still be a laugh I'm sure

Astra SRI/ Hornet
They have a report system. If you see some 1 boosting you report them and 3 strikes and ya get banned.

It's release day is 9th novemeber.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
They have a report system. If you see some 1 boosting you report them and 3 strikes and ya get banned.

It's release day is 9th novemeber.

Loads playing hooky copies now.

You got a link for the ban thing. Never saw it officially said.

Did they take tactical insertion out in the end

Mountune Tractor
Loads playing hooky copies now.

You got a link for the ban thing. Never saw it officially said.

Did they take tactical insertion out in the end

The ban thing I've heard of that, think it was confirmed.
Tactical insertion has stayed I think but don't think it's avaliable in certain game modes.
One thing is for sure, when the hacks start coming out Treyarch will be on to them straight away.

182 Full of Fat
Got leaked early hours.....playing with xlink-Kai via system link, had few games of CTF and it feels 10x better than MW2. Feels like COD4 again which imo is awesome.
Going to have a bash at Zombies soon, the map looks good for it.

Will wait for my retail copy to go on Live though because I don't think the servers are going up till the night before.
Boosters will get banned easily because theatre records every one of your games (including private) so they can check through your games. It's already been hacked though whilst the private beta was up. JTAG boxes have ruined live for now....

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
sounds spot on on the three strikes, but need more info about it. Is it just recording someone boosting n that and seding them to the relevant du dah lol

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I can't see them banning people for boosting. I can see them resetting ranks but not banning.

182 Full of Fat
They won't do anything with boosters more than likely, before every release there is a new big stance on boosters etc but in the end nothing has ever happened lol
The only people getting banned will be the Jtagers. The new COD is on Wave6 and there's no AP2.5 on the disc for some reason so even flashed copies shouldn't get banned.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
something i just read in almacs link is that you can choose ya conectivity levels from global to national so hopefully lag wont be as bad as i thought.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
They won't do anything with boosters more than likely, before every release there is a new big stance on boosters etc but in the end nothing has ever happened lol
The only people getting banned will be the Jtagers. The new COD is on Wave6 and there's no AP2.5 on the disc for some reason so even flashed copies shouldn't get banned.

Nothing to do with jtag consoles.

Jtags get a max 4 hours online before banned regardless of what game they are on. I'm guessing you mean flashed consoles. Black ops isn't running ap 2.5 by the looks of it. Even if it were it wouldn't stop hitachi or samsung drives. Then again nothing to do with game. Every November ms have a mass ban anyway.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
true, i mean plus cheating and hacking

Without wanting to sound holier-than-thou, I really wish there was some fool-proof system for stopping online hacks and cheating. I'd say that with online BC2, I see in at least every other game someone being kicked or banned for hacks and known cheats.

Why? It's just a game FFS. It's not like competing for a gold medal at the Olympics or similar. Online games are meant to be enjoyable rather than for any financial or status gain. I think its embarrassing when you have to resort to them. Are you really that s**t at playing against opposition that you have to use a hack?

A shame - it really is. And people wonder why I prefer single-player modes for the most part. ;)

D.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Got leaked early hours.....playing with xlink-Kai via system link, had few games of CTF and it feels 10x better than MW2. Feels like COD4 again which imo is awesome.
Going to have a bash at Zombies soon, the map looks good for it.

Will wait for my retail copy to go on Live though because I don't think the servers are going up till the night before.
Boosters will get banned easily because theatre records every one of your games (including private) so they can check through your games. It's already been hacked though whilst the private beta was up. JTAG boxes have ruined live for now....

There are no "servers" it's all still hosted p2p as per the other cod games unfortunately c

Fiesta ST-2
The amount of money they make on these games and they still use p2p? I'd rather pay extra for proper servers.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
its mostly kids who cheat and arnt even old enough to play the game. i get messages asking if i wanna play nukes and head shots all the time. we had some in a free for all and we just all hunted them down as a tem till the left. usually have a similar name and be on seperate teams on team games.

Clio RS 182
Sorry if this has been posted already, but here's some info...

Perks

First Perk Slot:

Lightweight - Gives player ability to move faster. The users character is dressed up lighter.
Lightweight Pro - Delay time between running and shooting position is lowered.

Scavenger - Gives player ability to take ammo (bullets and grenades) from fallen foes. The use's character is carrieng multiple ammunition bags.
Scavenger Pro - Receive extra starting magazines.

Ghost - Makes player undetectable by Blackbirds and Spy Planes.
Ghost Pro - Name and Red Crosshair aren't showing up.

FlakJacket - It reduces explosions damage by up to 75% of players health. The use's character is wearring heavier full body armour.
Flak Jacket Pro - Reset frags fuse when throwing back grenades and reduce fire damage.

Hardline - Make's killstreaks require one less kill. The use's character is wearring a specific belt.
Hardline Pro - Second chance for care packages.

Second Perk Slot:

Hardened - Increases bullet penetration. Similar to Modern Warfare 2's FMJ perk.
Hardened Pro - Increases rounds damage to aircrafts and turrets and reduced recoil when shot.

Scout - Gives player ability to hold breath longer.
Scout Pro - Unknown.

Steady Aim - Gives player better hip-fire accuracy.
Steady Aim Pro - Unknown.

Sleight of Hand - Gives player ability to reload faster.
Sleight Of Hand Pro - Gives player ability to aim down the sight faster, works just for iron sight, red dot sight and reflex.

Warlord - Gives player posibility to equip primary weapon with two attachments. Similar to Bling from MW2.
Warlord Pro - Gives player posibility to equip both primary and secondary weapon with two attachments.

Third Perk Slot:

Marathon - Gives player ability to sprint for a longer distance (not unlimited).
Marathon Pro - No falling damage.

Ninja - Gives player ability to move silently(no foot stepes sound).
Ninja Pro - Undetectable by camera spike and enemy motion sensors.

Second Chance - It allows player drop down and pull out a pistol when he almost died.
Second Chance Pro - Allows you to revive a teamate or to be revived by a teamate.

Hacker - Gives player ability to detect enemy equipment.
Hacker Pro - You can turn equipment and enemy killstreaks friendly and booby trap enemy Care Packages.

Tactical Mask - Reduces the effects of concussion and flash tactical grenades
Tactical Mask Pro - Unknown.

Kill Streaks

Three Kills

• Spy Plane
• RC-XD (remote bomb)

Four Kills

• Counter Spy Plane
• SAM Turret

Five Kills

• Care Package
• Napalm Strike

Six Kills

• Sentry Gun
• Mortar Team

Seven Kills

• Attack Helicopter
• Valkyrie Rockets

Eight Kills

• Blackbird
• Rolling Thunder

Nine Kills

• Chopper Gunner

Eleven Kills

• Attack Dogs
• Gunship

Call of Duty Black Ops - Weapons:

http://www.codblackopsblog.com/call-...-weapons-list/

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Zombies:

http://kotaku.com/5677841/you-wont-b...duty-black-ops

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
nope... apparently will be up on the 7th. Can still play via XLINK though

Unless you're playing your neighbor or running a jtag you have no chance. You can only play on p2p services like that if you get a ping under 30ms which is pretty much impossible to get consistent.

182 Full of Fat
Unless you're playing your neighbor or running a jtag you have no chance. You can only play on p2p services like that if you get a ping under 30ms which is pretty much impossible to get consistent.

lol ok....don't know why you're trying to prove everything wrong.

There's a ping patch that you can put in root and it's been modded so you don't need the original nand (for jtag). Under 30ms only applies if you're joining a game, can host with whatever. But yeh I must've been dreaming whilst not playing a neighbor or using a Jtag :/

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
lol ok....don't know why you're trying to prove everything wrong.

There's a ping patch that you can put in root and it's been modded so you don't need the original nand (for jtag). Under 30ms only applies if you're joining a game, can host with whatever. But yeh I must've been dreaming whilst not playing a neighbor or using a Jtag :/

Don't see what the NAND has to do with it but anyway, yeah to use the patch you need to be running a Jtag console right.

Not trying to be negative what so ever if you're taking it that way.