ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Numberplate theft - LY04 GVP

Renaultsport 220T
Morning all, had both my numberplates removed from my car last night, while in the Grasshopper pub, near Westerham, A25. Have reported it to the police, so that I have a record of the crime, and so that I don't get a load of speeding tickets, or worse.

If you see these on a car anywhere, please report it to the police.
They are easy to spot as well as they have the Mark Fish Motorsport logo on them.

Cnuts.

Eny

R26
Had both mine nicked (private plates too!!) a few years ago. Police didn't do much, apart from seemingly print out a "sorry nothing we can do letter" as i was reporting it. I know this as it arrived the next day.

Best thing you can do is drive around with all your documents for a while as you may get pulled by traffic as the plates will/should be flagged (oh and keep the crime form you got given on you).

M135i
Just carry your driving licence and a record of your crime number. You won't need anything else. If you are stopped, your local force will have a record of the crime number. Your reg will have an info marker on it on PNC as well as the crime number. I wouldn't worry too much, it's a regular occurrence.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
rob a post office, deny it and blame it on who ever stole the plates.

seriously though, there's some petty c***s about

phase 2 172
yeah it's pretty common practice now-a-days. Used in a lot of drive offs from filling stations. I had mine stolen a few years back.