ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not sure if its knocking

Meg 230 f1
title might sound stupid but i aint sure if it a knocking sound or that my wheel is lossing traction i have a mrk2 ph1 172 with 17" alloys and lowered around 30 mm.

I havent had a problem up till now, this is really starting to bug me now i have looked at spring fine shock is brand new and tracking and balancing is 100% as just been done as well.

I have seen a tread saying the same sort of thing and he changed the engin mount under the battery, i havent had a look at this yet as it has just started to rain but is there anything else there could be wrong with it apart from that. Coz i always change bits for new and it never seems to work.

thanks greg

Lots of Alfas
WHen does it knock, when accelerating/decelerating hard? When going round corners? When going over bumps?

Lots of Alfas
Check the one under the battery, check the rubber isnt ripped, also loosen the bolts on the drivers side mount, get someone to pull the mount and engine forward and tighten. The rear rubber part should be resting on the black mount and the gap should be between black mount and the front rubber.

DSC00269.jpg

Failing that check/replace the dogbone mount.

Meg 230 f1
one that didnt look to bad anyway, i will have to check batter one tomorrow coz of light and time, how easy are the mount and the dog bone to fit and also have you got any park numbers for both thanks