ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not another one (EK9 content)

FFS, skipped this thread thinking it was another one of you dreaming. Nice one mate, good to finally see you get the car you wanted. Now to sort one out for that short arse Lancastrian and all is well.

Looks ridiculously good condition too.

EDIT: I just read Gally dissing Regas, f**king Scottish b*****d! ;)

So so clean fella! Very jealous!

Running Hankooks?

I was just saying to Deeg i'm going to spunk a little more cash on the FRP instead of changing! You know what it's like looking on PH! Fml!

Nah it's got Toyo's on there, I'm not a fan tbh but they're new so I'm not about to throw them out. Will replace them with a decent set of boots once I've worn them out.

PH is dangerous business, lol. I'm going to avoid looking now although I can't see me parting with the 9 that quickly.

FFS, skipped this thread thinking it was another one of you dreaming. Nice one mate, good to finally see you get the car you wanted. Now to sort one out for that short arse Lancastrian and all is well.

Looks ridiculously good condition too.

EDIT: I just read Gally dissing Regas, f**king scottish emo! ;)

Funnily enough I sent him a PM s**t stirring this afternoon. The B18'd ITB'd Monster unit 9 has been dropped to £6.5k as the owner needs it gone!

It's had some money spent on it that's for sure (although strangely has D2 coilovers fitted to it which I was under the impression are cheap shite :S ) I don't think I could live with the fact the A/C has been deleted but I get the feeling Chris uses the Twingo more than the 182 so that might not have been a deal breaker to him.

I think D2 are pretty cheap gear aye, Jap scene equivalent of racelands?

Seriously no need for A/C in this country, and that's coming from somebody with a black car and black leather interior (saying that, my A/C hasn't worked since I bought it.) He's the rainy side of the hills too, so even less need for A/C!

172 Cup
Nice 9 matey with some nice bits and pieces on it, my brother had a yellow ek9 rx so i know what they are capable of ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think I seen that b18 Si. Epic machine!

There can't be many racebase versions in the uk?

I'm not a massive of the Toyo's but understandably yoy're not going to bin them!

Do you still run 15's? I can never tell with non oe rims.
Epic tyre choice in 15's!

Gaz, those desmonds look s**t it matters not how cool/scene/sick/expensive they are.

They are not a nice wheels compared with some of the options out there.

You may well have IIRC it's north of the border.

Racebase there aren't too many knocking about, the lightweights there are though.

They're 15's yeah although I must admit 16' are tempting just to fill the arches out, so long as I select a decent rim it's not going to hurt me on the weight front.

I think D2 are pretty cheap gear aye, Jap scene equivalent of racelands?

Seriously no need for A/C in this country, and that's coming from somebody with a black car and black leather interior (saying that, my A/C hasn't worked since I bought it.) He's the rainy side of the hills too, so even less need for A/C!

Each to their own but even in this country if I'm sat in a car in traffic in summer without A/C I'm sweating like Gary Glitter outside an early learning centre in no time.

Regas on a 9 = WIN Gally, Firas just needs a little more offset and diameter.

4022259739_55b3f51acb_b.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously no need for A/C in this country, and that's coming from somebody with a black car and black leather interior (saying that, my CAR hasn't worked since I bought it.)
Efa!

Oh and the desmonds don't even look half as tidy as Si's wheels.

I don't want to compare both cars but no one will ever convince those desmonds are a nice wheel.

I'll admit on that yellow, they look okay! :eek:

Is 16" a popular upgrade Si? I actually noticed a lot of cars being Sold on standard wheels which surprised me. Maybe put back to standard for sale right enough.

You're so wrong it's unreal, Desmonds look brilliant. They're a classic 5 spoke. Nothing fussy about them, just simple understated design. I think I understand your love for Fords now, there's lead in the water up there just like in Essex?

Lol @ you pair of gays bickering.

Gally, lots of 9's get left alone as they're a cracking drive out of the box. Most i viewed had a decat or inlet mod at most, I wasn't looking for a modded example but seeing how clean Jasons was I chose that over the less tidy standard ones about.

Jap Shed
Lol @ you pair of gays bickering.

Gally, lots of 9's get left alone as they're a cracking drive out of the box. Most i viewed had a decat or inlet mod at most, I wasn't looking for a modded example but seeing how clean Jasons was I chose that over the less tidy standard ones about.

SNAP! even got the same wheels as me!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
We're just playing! ;)

You're so wrong it's unreal, Desmonds look brilliant. They're a classic 5 spoke. Nothing fussy about them, just simple understated design. I think I understand your love for Fords now, there's lead in the water up there just like in Essex?

Loller! Me and Cat171 share Ford bedcovers!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I thought you might like that.

Oh and Regas may be the dogs danglies and Rotas made of toast but they will always look better.

So you're trying to tell me Rota Slipsreams look better than the Regas they are designed on? Or Rota Torque Drifts look better than the Work CR Kais they are based on? Or Rota GT3s look better than the Sprint Harts they are based on etc etc etc?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So you're trying to tell me Rota Slipsreams look better than the Regas they are designed on? Or Rota Torque Drifts look better than the Work CR Kais they are based on? Or Rota GT3s look better than the Sprint Harts they are based on etc etc etc?

I need pics! I don't have a clue about jap wheels... Can you tell! ;)

I need pics! I don't have a clue about jap wheels... Can you tell! ;)

Honest, I thought you secretly knew everything and were just trolling just like the other prevalent Model T owner on the forum? ;)

Nah I can tell really. Put it this way, I walked around Fast Show this year and the first thing I noticed about so many cool looking Jap machines was the Rotas fitted to them. They just look poorly finished compared to their Jap counterparts that they are copying, something that is hard to notice in an image of a wheel which is 2" in size on a computer screen.

Line up a busty brunette in her early 20s who's willing to fellate me and somewhere I can get a decent burger afterwards and I'm there.

It looks like an old Honda Civic to me. But my car looks like an old Audi A3 to you. So tit for tat. Hope you enjoy it!