ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North weald idea?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
rafmatt, organised tearing about the airfield seems like a good idea to me, im sure you will get plenty of takers for that,;) mark and wag1 etc:race:you can for def add suzanne, new steve and me to your list, date do we have to have the 11th may or could we have it after the dartford meet perhaps in early march, perhaps brian will bring his tent for refreshments:cheers: cu ian

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I'm going to bang out an email to them see how much it would be for a group of about 25 cars. I think March could be a winner however I might look into it for beginning of April as I'm on leave for two weeks then. Once I get an idea of prices I will post the info here.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
There is no set layout as I have seen when I have passed them doing it usually. The way North Weald is laid out the area they do the driving is the old Aircraft Pan so its basically a huge area of concrete with nothing to hit but cones. Unlike a track you can really push it without fear of running of the circuit and hitting barriers. An idea of what they let you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mini Cooper S
Looks like you can enjoy it in a RWD car, not so sure about a FWD. Just a waste of tyres & fuel?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
It's a lot safer and def more legit then trying it on the public road tho. You can test everything cornering. Braking and Acceleration and practising different types of corners from slow speed to a high speed. It's just an idea at the mo see how much interest I can drum up.

Mini Cooper S
I reckon it would be pretty cool if you could make a circuit out of cones. But obviously I don't know the ins and outs...

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
yeah they go through stages and build up a course I believe then have timed runs to see who is fastest. A few scores could be settled here??? Really see who has the fastest Renault in the south lol

Mate of mine did it in his VX220 and said its the best days driving he'd ever done. Really learnt a lot about what his car (and he) could do.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Just got an Email from car limits they run an activity day nearly every month which we can all book separately. We can also book a group day which is £1100 for a maximum of 30 people for the day which includes an instructor. If we fill the 30 slots it works out to be just under 40 quid each but obv if some people pull out the price would rise per person to cover the cost of people pulling out.

I might see if a few of us can book a day in April?

SG9 Forester STi
I think Ben_r1 would like the idea of this in his 197. Me however May 13th I'll be hooning it down the 1/4 mile :approve:. CS needs to get involved on that one!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
To all as we have the dartford meet on the 18th feb we could have a north weald meet in march say the 17th with a view to a track day meet in april when rafmatt is back on leave also iggy at rude racing wants to do a rolling road meet at braintree and is racing his bmw at brands hatch in april, what do other club members think about future meets etc:coffee: i enjoyed the last north weald meet and it can only get bigger with the better weather.

BMW 535d
I would love some organised hooning

If Ron is there itll be double as exciting knowing he cant nick me

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I have leave in the first two weeks of April So when I've got 10 minutes this week I will enquire with the company and see what dates are available in them two weeks. It will def not be a Saturday as that is a market day. It will most likely be a weekday I will keep you all posted.

BMW 535d
Weekdays are a no go dude

The other end of the runway is a massive area of un-used tarmac. Surely we can use that

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
It's not me that decides where on the airfield it's held i'm afraid I will try for a Sunday but no promises

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
May have to CanX ( sorry military term for cancel ) as I'm literally snowed under with Ops and exercises organisation unless someone else wants to run with this idea? Sorry Guys

I just did a search for this as I was looking at their "activity days" today. Does anyone know what the surface is like i.e. Is it a tyre shredder?

I would also be up for this but judging by the input on this page we would struggle to get a) A date everyone can do unless weekend and b) a full house of 24 vehicles plus so it is CS only.

If it was far enough in advance could people book a day off in the week? Friday 11th May still has all 24 spaces available. Alternatively would a group of people be up for just booking onto an individual day at £39 per car.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
It is very abrasive tarmac with some areas of loose gravel its concrete that was laid in the late 50s