ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

B-road bully
dwj100uni said:
Well im currently in Birmingham (originally from essex). It happened in Wlakabout on broad street!

s**t, i live in brum :( im not suprised 2 hear of ppl lik that tho.. i wud of at least thrown my drink on her..

Dont have driverslicence
I have the N70, great picture's only is it slow at some times. If u want to buy a N80 , you can better wait a few months. Most time has it soft ware problems at the begin. But dont think it is a normal phone. It's a real PDA full option...

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
does anrone know of any good symbian forums / sites ...I know of a few but they seem pretty dead.

172beast

J273 said:
does anrone know of any good symbian forums / sites ...I know of a few but they seem pretty dead.

Likewise, need to find some N80 specific ones as its running a new version of the S60 OS so all the old stuff developed for previous versions of S60 don't work booooo you'd have thought they'd made it backwards compatable!

Very happy with my N80 though, seems like a top phone, screen quality is awesome and everything seems to run a lot quicker then my previous S60 phones! Not using my N80 yet, waiting for Orange to transfer my number from O2 then I'll be using it everyday and really know what its like to live with.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
is there anyway of locking the keys without opening it and closing it again?

Press the power button, press down, and then OK.

Just dont accidentally hit power off from the menu! grr.

Why it doesn't auto lock is beyond me!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
cheers thats helpful. forgot to ask you at lutterworth!

no problem!

Except that option doesn't come up if you power on the phone, it only seems to appear once the keypad has been opened and then shut. Weird.

172beast

Yeah weird that, annoying having to open and close it to lock the keypad.

Cos its S60 you'll be able to get an app which automatically locks the keypad after a predefined time, just have to wait for one to get released for this new version!

172beast

Another annoying thing I've found, when you press the middle button to reply to a text message, the first option is call, so you have to flick down to go to reply, surely 99% of the time you wanna reply so why not have that as the default option!!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
172beast said:
Another annoying thing I've found, when you press the middle button to reply to a text message, the first option is call, so you have to flick down to go to reply, surely 99% of the time you wanna reply so why not have that as the default option!!!

you can do that, go into contacts > open the contact > then go on defaults and you can set which one is default for phoneing and txting etc, but the gay thing is you have to do it for each contact.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I walked past the side of your car in a rather shifty manner while you were sitting in it, I was gonna say hi but in the awkwardness of the moment I kept walking :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol thats the samsung, she still is on till 23rd june and although it re directs my calls it doesnt on the txts :( plus it has hundreds of mins and txts on it and is generally easier to use for a quick call lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah that must have been the phone you were holding. If you saw a dodgy looking guy staring into your car while slowly walking past the side of it and wearing a black american football top then that was me :D

Roll on June 5th :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah someone was in there with you and she was browsing her phone :D Conversation was obviously all used up by that point of the day. Is anni your other half?

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol no it wasnt we were trying to get hold of BabyD (donna) and no anni isnt the other half she's yellowA..

Golf GTI 1.8T
oh yeah btw, its pointless buying a case for the N80. I got one yesterday and put it on, being a slide phone they are shite for cases and the dust/dirt gets under the clear plastic and has scratched after 1 day at work and I hardly used it.

luckily tho I have my screen protector on still and its only damaged that!

Golf GTI 1.8T
its sometimes awkward to hit the 1, 2 and 3 buttons when txting but you get used to it. i only have small fingers tho

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
sneeks said:
Yeah someone was in there with you and she was browsing her phone :D Conversation was obviously all used up by that point of the day. Is anni your other half?

some rather weird assumptions on this forum!

Citroen DS3 DSport
yellowA said:
some rather weird assumptions on this forum!
You had that 'we are a couple' look going on. You know the one, two people sitting in a car together, not saying a word to one another and looking out of the car in opposite directions. That usually spells relationship :D

I'll probably never use a case for my N80 but I will use a screen protector on it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm also planning on buying a 1gb memory card, that should hold more than enough for me.

What have you done to that dog? :D Oh and clean that wheel.

172beast

I'd just took my grooved discs off and fitted some fresh standard uns and new Mintex pads, so the wheels got my grubby finger marks on it.

And my dog, she regularly passes out on my bed with her tongue hanging out lol got her from RSPCA, previous owner not looked after her so shes got no front teeth so her tongue just falls out!

If you go to Expansys.co.uk, look at the N80 and go to accesories it'll list memory cards that work cos not all of em do, theres a 1 gig one for 21 quid and 2 gig for 40 quid iirc, very fast delivery too.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Many thanks for the advice, I'll probably buy the 1gb but the 2gb is well priced too :)

That's a cool dog :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
I got a 1gb kingstön online for 22. Im now sitting on the bog in someones house im working in using their wifi how cool is this phone!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
sneeks said:
You had that 'we are a couple' look going on. You know the one, two people sitting in a car together, not saying a word to one another and looking out of the car in opposite directions. That usually spells relationship :D

I'll probably never use a case for my N80 but I will use a screen protector on it.
can;t say ive ever had that situation in past relationships tbh..

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have but it did take 5 years into an eventual 7 year relationship :D

Hi to you both, a bit late but I was to chicken on Sunday :)

Fingers crossed that o2 have the N80 available on Monday

Last edited: