ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

BMW M135i
Can you change the active standby shortcuts with an orange N80 or are the preset and you can't change them ?
Its the only thing that'll stop me ordering one right now 'cos I want one again. :rolleyes:

Citroen DS3 DSport
From what I've read online you can edit them in the same way as you can on a unlocked handset. Maybe someone here can confirm this?

BMW M135i
Thats what i'm hoping, that orange have just preset them to all their crap and can be changed.
And that its just an Orange theme and can be changed.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
bmh.01 said:
Can you change the active standby shortcuts with an orange N80 or are the preset and you can't change them ?
Its the only thing that'll stop me ordering one right now 'cos I want one again. :rolleyes:

Not that I've actually tried, but when you're in the active standby settings menu there are options to select which apps are on the list, I assume it works when you try to change them.

Golf GTI 1.8T
I like how theyve kept the orange symbol nice and small on the rear too?

shame I've still gotta phone up and complain about their sale services, but cant wait to get home and turn it on :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
got a question.

on most my other phone when you save contacts to the sim you can only save 1 number to the name, so I used to save my numbers to the phone which obviously ment I could have more numbers etc to one person.

will this be the same on this phone? cos I'm gonna have to use pc suite for the first time later to put all my numbers on. cheers

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yes the N80 will allow you to save several details to each name and set a default number to use for each.

Golf GTI 1.8T
right home and playing about, how the f**k do I get rid of the orange short cuts up the top. and how do I use the WLAN to browse the net?? :S

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
right home and playing about, how the f**k do I get rid of the orange short cuts up the top. and how do I use the WLAN to browse the net?? :S

try changing your themes

and just go on the web (the world symbol) and it will ask what connection to use and just select search of wireless lan

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:

That's active standby, not "oranges" stuff, you can change that in settings.

Use the browser in My Own after setting up your wireless access point.

Golf GTI 1.8T
cool cheers, sorted how to get rid of the shortcuts.

as for the net, well was bout to say its gay but yay :D i've had to add a new access point. not used to all this symbian stuff.

andy how do i put msn onto it? ive got the file.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
cool cheers, sorted how to get rid of the shortcuts.

as for the net, well was bout to say its gay but yay :D i've had to add a new access point. not used to all this symbian stuff.

andy how do i put msn onto it? ive got the file.

install nokia suite and then use the install application one

Golf GTI 1.8T
:( i typed a whole reply out in here with it, then couldnt work out how to get the cursor back to click post, then I lost the whole lot lol!

what I was asking is... when loading a page now it says something like insuffiecient memory to load complete page is that cos it uses the mem card like ram?

Golf GTI 1.8T
ok andy its installed. how do i open it? and btw it said it might be harmfull to mobly you sure its ok?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
got it open.....registration key?

no reg key required just type 0 and enter

when it says the memory thing, normally means you have the mp3 playing in the back ground or something.

happens on mine but as soon as i stop the music works fine

Golf GTI 1.8T
cool cheers, just been on it. hard to use.

anyway think thats all I need tonight lol, just a few hundred address to add....

only thing I dont like about it is the where the backis raised for the camera when you sit it down it rocks on it and also the little slider to change it to macro is very cheap and I can see that being broken, should have been tight like on the SE phones.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
cool cheers, just been on it. hard to use.

anyway think thats all I need tonight lol, just a few hundred address to add....

only thing I dont like about it is the where the backis raised for the camera when you sit it down it rocks on it and also the little slider to change it to macro is very cheap and I can see that being broken, should have been tight like on the SE phones.

i found the net really easy to use. just use the mouse on screen to navigate and it seems pretty quick for a fone

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you ever receive a low memory warning then press and hold the menu button to display a list of open applications, use the cursors to scroll to each and press 'c' to close them. This is also a good method for switching to applications which you've not shut properly, highlight the one you want and press the select button.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
If you ever receive a low memory warning then press and hold the menu button to display a list of open applications, use the cursors to scroll to each and press 'c' to close them. This is also a good method for switching to applications which you've not shut properly, highlight the one you want and press the select button.

i know everything about nokia's but i didnt know that LOL

god im loosing it, i need to do some more research LOL

Golf GTI 1.8T
oh one other thing. the keypad lights seem to go out after a while when using it on the net or inputting numbers etc and they dont come back on when you type. whys that?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
andy_con said:

<AOL> ME TOO! </AOL>

I wondered how you got that up, I'm sure I tried that too!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
oh one other thing. the keypad lights seem to go out after a while when using it on the net or inputting numbers etc and they dont come back on when you type. whys that?

Mine do. :-$ Maybe it's an option you've changed?

Citroen DS3 DSport
andy_con said:

I thought I'd mention it because alot of people tend to miss out on that function :D I've used Nokia Symbian phones for a few years now so I'm used to all the options on offer.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
I thought I'd mention it because alot of people tend to miss out on that function :D I've used Nokia Symbian phones for a few years now so I'm used to all the options on offer.

ive used symbian phones for a few years to but still didnt know that LOL

Mitch go into tools and setting and i think its standby settings, you can change the light settings in there

Who has black and who has silver?

attachment.php

BMW M135i
M1TCH said:

The keypad lights are light sensitive, ie. they only come on when its dark.
If it thinks its not dark enough to need the keypad lights they don't come on.

Golf GTI 1.8T
bmh.01 said:
The keypad lights are light sensitive, ie. they only come on when its dark.
If it thinks its not dark enough to need the keypad lights they don't come on.

lol thought that might have been the case.