ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

M1TCH said:
I doubt he did. they wont give them for free and they arent for new customers either, beleive me I tried mate.

Nope, seen his recepit. Paid Nothing.

He got a price match as he went to Orange the other day and they said they can do a deal today for the phone free. He went there today and they had no phones left. He kicked up a fuss and said Orange had wasted his time etc...

He then went to Vodaphone and ask for a price match, vodaphone rang orange and they said yes to the Free phone. He has an 18th Month contract at £30 with the first three months at £17.50. He has 500 mins and 100 txt per month.

Oh and he has got the N91 which might have made a difference?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Considering I'm getting an additional 250 minutes and 650 texts for £3 less than that I'd definately say that contract is terrible.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
RSi Dave said:
but how much you paying for the phone?

He says he doesnt txt much so doesnt need loads.

It's irrelevent seeing as the phone is 49.99 on a 12 month contract, your mate is effectively paying £180 for the phone by being on a 18 month contact.

Mini Cooper S sport
Here's another test pic from the N80 - it's of a little ornament on my kitchen shelf. I don't think this is bad for a phone:

n80test1.jpg

can someone take some pics of teh actual phone together with another phone? just want to get an idea of the size as all the pics you find on websites are nevr that helpful!

couple from my w800.. but tbh for decent photos i use my ixus camera which takes up less pocket space than my phone!

(pics resized)

cf1d1c3b.jpg

81bf89ff.jpg

BMW M135i
I found that the camera only gives good results in bright light, other than that is sure as hell doesn't look like a 3mp camera even the the flash. I didn't think that it was that much better than my 6680 in some conditions, and theres the low light video problem that people seem to be experiencing.

At the end of the day.. if you want good pics.. buy a camera! phones are good for the odd shots when your out and about etc.. but i dont think i would ever trade my camera in for a camera phone!

Mini Cooper S sport
^^ very true! I just wanted a decent enough camera phone for when I want to take a quick pic, but I'd always use a proper camera for holidays etc.

I found the N80 camera wasn't great in low light either..much better in daylight.

BMW M135i
I fully accept that and thats why I've got a camera for taking pictures, its just when they advertise these things for taking photos and it doesn't work in dim conditions its a bit crappy really. Especially seeing as what they cost.
But yes at the end of the day its a camera bodged onto a phone and its never going to be a good as a proper one, but it could at least work in dim conditions.

Mini Cooper S sport
bmh.01 said:
I fully accept that and thats why I've got a camera for taking pictures, its just when they advertise these things for taking photos and it doesn't work in dim conditions its a bit crappy really. Especially seeing as what they cost.
But yes at the end of the day its a camera bodged onto a phone and its never going to be a good as a proper one, but it could at least work in dim conditions.

To be fair you can adjust the camera settings on it to work in dim light, I only discovered that today..if that's s**t as well then *shrugs*

Golf GTI 1.8T
phone didnt come today :cry:

I hope it comes tomorrow otherwise I'm gonna be proper fucked off at them!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
phone didnt come today :cry:

I hope it comes tomorrow otherwise I'm gonna be proper f**ked off at them!!

Check your mums handbag, she's probably swiped it ;)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
As anyone got any pics of there n80 from the pics ive seen it looks a little big...not sure whether to get the n80 or n91 :S

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
J273 said:
As anyone got any pics of there n80 from the pics ive seen it looks a little big...not sure whether to get the n80 or n91 :S

it's a little chunky, but nothing obscene, conversly it's pretty short.

I'd class it as a small phone. Go down to carphone wh***house and have a look for yourself.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If it's a choice based on size then the N80 will win over the N91. The keypad is also far better and more useable on the N80.

BMW 125i
anybody know how to get rid of all the Orange stuff?? or am i going to have to take a trip to the orange shop tomorrow?? cheers

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
clio_T5 TPR said:
anybody know how to get rid of all the Orange stuff?? or am i going to have to take a trip to the orange shop tomorrow?? cheers

What orange stuff?

Golf GTI 1.8T
it doesnt come on the N80 does it? I dunno yet, I'm letting it charge all night while I'm at college!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
clio_T5 TPR said:

try changing your theme

Golf GTI 1.8T
aww its well cute.

is a little chunky but not much more than my E720, just being square feels odd compared to the roundness of my sammysung! :) leave it on charge tonight while i go college.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
clio_T5 TPR said:
the drop down menu on the main screen on all their phones!! or am i just going crazzzzzzy??:eek:

Sorry, dunno what you mean! The pics I've seen of "generic" n80's look identical to mine.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
aww its well cute.

is a little chunky but not much more than my E720, just being square feels odd compared to the roundness of my sammysung! :) leave it on charge tonight while i go college.

Cool. Question is, how many n80's are there going to be at lutterworth?!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The drop down menu on the N80 is the 'Active Standby' which is a feature of the Symbian OS. It can be customised or disabled, don't confuse it with the terrible Orange customisations of the past.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sn00p said:
Cool. Question is, how many n80's are there going to be at lutterworth?!

mine :D

I'm glad orange have sorted out their software now, cant beleive they do that anyway must cost loads in extra software development! btw I'm not a geek lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol sneeks!

anyone gonna sort JJ! a phone comparison pic? I'm off to college now so cant soz