ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

DC5
Yeah, Ive been waiting for O2 to get them in. Will ring them first thing Monday.

They better give it me for nothing.

Lee

BMW M2C
Bezza4 said:
Yeah, Ive been waiting for O2 to get them in. Will ring them first thing Monday.

They better give it me for nothing.

They told me it should be in Monday.

Currently got my 6280 bagged up to go back. If the new stock of 6280s arrives today/tomorrow I'll be sent another one of those, if not and the N80 comes in on Monday I can have one of those instead.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
sneeks said:
I have but it did take 5 years into an eventual 7 year relationship :D

Hi to you both, a bit late but I was to chicken on Sunday :)

Fingers crossed that o2 have the N80 available on Monday
hi :) u should have just come and said hi..we don't bite hehe :)

172beast

Back on topic, had my N80 flashed to latest firmware today, seems more stable and quicker as well, defo worth doing for those not on the latest version!

172beast

I am on Orange, the latest firmware update is universal, its just got rid of all the Orange installed crap!

172beast

Nokia service centre is what I'd recommend ;)

If your brave you can attempt to do it yourself but I aint telling you how as I aint being held responsible if you f**k your phone up! If you must try it, don't bother PMing me, theres a torrent of information on the web.

172beast

Glad I didn't wait for O2, they were trying to get me to stay with em saying there gettin the N80 soon blah blah blah lol

DC5
Justin-172 said:
spoke to o2 today they said the 15th of this month is the new date
That is crap. I've been waiting for weeks as it is. At least it gives me more of an argument to tell them i want it for nothing.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
they push them back due to little problems with the phones, and to stop 1000's of people ringing up saying they arent happy.

there is a new firmware available at the moment, so they are probably holding out for a batch of those.

other networks release them earlier, but they have older firmware on them. A couple of my mates have them from Orange with a few problems. They have upgraded theirs themselves, but 99% of people wont.

spoke to o2 again this lunch time and they said that they are due in today , but to call back in 48 hours as they will know more then.

A4 Avant
Can anyone help with getting an N80 to join a wireless network? I've put the settings in as I think correct and it doesn't seem to work? I think it's still using GPRS to access the internet.

172beast

Need to go to advanced options and change connection, then it'll list various connections, at top it says search for wlan!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Nige182 said:
Can anyone help with getting an N80 to join a wireless network? I've put the settings in as I think correct and it doesn't seem to work? I think it's still using GPRS to access the internet.

Make sure you're using the browser in "My Own" too, the other one is a wap browser and will use GPRS.

Golf GTI 1.8T
I recieved another one today for no reason. Checked my bank and i have been charged for 2. So i phone orange and they put the account number on the form in and it brings up my account but only shows my current 2 phones not this

Golf GTI 1.8T
New one. So then i asked her to put in the phone number of this new phone and it brought up some ladies name and not my address and said the number has been terminated. They have no record of the phone being sent ou

Golf GTI 1.8T
So i then phone again and just said ive been charged twice for my phone and they are looking into it and hopefully ill just get that refunded. Sorry for 3 posts but this phone dont scroll down in the post box. How gay!

Golf GTI 1.8T
phoned them today and they have refunded me my £49.99 but I still have a N80 here, and dunno what to do with it lol

o2 said it would cost me 289 to upgrade to the n80!

so i asked to cancel, they said if im happy with my current phone, they could keep me on my same discounted tarriff, and credit me £100 instead of upgrading

so i just did that]

500 free txts
300 free xnet off peak mins

10er a month. quality :D
all in i usually spend about 15-20 a month so should get a good 6/7months free really with the 100 quid credit! i can live with that

so looks like i got a 6680 for another year. he he

Golf GTI 1.8T
^ not a bad deal I spose if you dont use your phone that much.

the wifi has come in so handy already, my workmate needed to check his ebay so we drove down the highstreet of the near village, I picked up about 3, a couple locked then bosh, outside the pub full signal on a netgear :D

M1TCH said:
^ not a bad deal I spose if you dont use your phone that much.

the wifi has come in so handy already, my workmate needed to check his ebay so we drove down the highstreet of the near village, I picked up about 3, a couple locked then bosh, outside the pub full signal on a netgear :D

i use it plenty, 5 hours of call time and 500 txts is good enough for me.

SLK 350
Offpeak calls? Is that 7pm or 8pm these days? Eitherway £10 or not i'd end up running up huge bills as i make calls during the day.

Phoned O2 this morning and alledgedly they are getting stock of the N80 today, its still not showing on their systems but she encouraged me to call back tomorrow.

Golf GTI 1.8T
damn got a receipt for buying the other phone today lol but no phone call from them, so I'm going to keep it for a month and cancel any bills I get, then give them a 7 day warning email saying I'm going to keep it if they dont send a courier to come get it.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Just phoned O2, and they said it wont be till july now. lol. So sounds to me like their just blagging along with their normal customer service expertise. lol. So cancelled my contract there and then and will be getting one on orange, as they do identical contracts to o2 online, but can get an extra 250 txts a month on top. So im all happy.

SLK 350
Weird, i've spoken to them twice today and they have the phone in stock. However they are still fulfilling pre-orders. Apparently getting more stock tomorrow, but she said that O2 stores maybe the best bet.

But indeed, Orange seems ok i guess. Although i hate them branding phones and butchering the OS with their crappy elements. Least O2 don't fk around with the phones.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
fuk it iv gone with orange now too. had some trouble with them the other week but did it online this time instead of talking to some clampit trainee.

orange deals cant be beaten!! O2 want £99.99 for the phone too. the deal i just got is as follows:

18 month
£30 a month
N80 silver - £49.99
1500 texts for life
500 mins anytime

my bills wont be more than £30, currently £60-£70 on three.

iv got th latest firmware and s/w too so no orange rubbish on there (other than a tiny badge on the rear)

Monaco 172 2/468
ozzyo99 said:
Weird, i've spoken to them twice today and they have the phone in stock. However they are still fulfilling pre-orders. Apparently getting more stock tomorrow, but she said that O2 stores maybe the best bet.

But indeed, Orange seems ok i guess. Although i hate them branding phones and butchering the OS with their crappy elements. Least O2 don't fk around with the phones.

What number are you ringing mate, retentions or customer services ?

Do you know if this phone will be £50 on o2 and Orange ?

SLK 350
Try some nail varnish remover that contains Acetone, will normally take the badges straight off, buy don't get it on the screen.

08000 288151 - Its a 'special' direct line to upgrades, normally means you get straight through.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Well spoke to 2 people and they both said they wont have them till july. I said if they didnt have it then i would cancel, so if they had any chance of getting one sure they would have said to stop me cancelling. Think your being had on to be honest mate. Really wouldnt surprise me with O2, as their customer service is the worse i have ever experienced.
Not worried about the branding, easily removed, as is the orange ops, as i see theres a firmware upgrade about, mentioned a few pages back.