ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus Madness

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
not convinced by the phone yet. LG.....hmm, have to gave a look at one. 10 inch Tablet sounds impressive.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Bit weird it not having LTE. Tablet looks nice, still no bloody apps for it.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
They look awesome. No LTE is very off putting.

Samsung is still winning for me.

I'm utterly underwhelmed by any new phones at the moment. Not due an upgrade for a few months yet though.

Pretty unexcited by 10 inch~ tablets carrying pricetags well over laptop money without the functionality to be a full replacement too. Probably going to end up with a Dell Latitude 10 with Windows 8 pro at this rate.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I don't see the point in LTE anyway (at this point in history), certainly not for the life of these devices anyway. Today's batch of LTE devices will be like dinosaurs by the time there's a decent countrywide service.

At no point have I ever thought "3G" is slow, even tethering.

The only possible use for LTE on a mobile phone is for tethering for fast downloads and that's pretty much pointless as you'd eat through your allowance in no time.

No loss for me.

Bumder With A Buffer
Being a relative newb to these can you get a case for a nexus that has keyboard built in? Has anyone used them and are they any good??

Citroen DS3 DSport
Apple are having more iMessage issues tonight, driving me mad.

Also considering the 32gb Nexus 7 as I have £42.50 worth of Tesco vouchers I could do with spending.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
iMessage issues aren't exactly a deal breaker, just send via text.

The features on that Nexus do look really nice, I'm tempted to just buy one and if I don't like it give it to a family member for christmas. Wireless charging ffs!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Google have given apple a massive problem.

When apple were so far ahead of the competition with phones they could justify the premium price tag, but this hardware coupled with all the iterations in software up to jellybean have shrunk that difference.

Same with the iPad to be honest, the nexus 7 was brilliant at £199 for the 16GB, now it's £159 I personally think you'd have to be on day release from the asylum to buy the iPad mini over it.

My only gripe with the nexus 10 styling is that I wish they'd kept the nexus 7 styling on it, I think the nexus 7 looks and feels really good, would have been nice to maintain the consistency.

If I were google I'd have kept the 8GB nexus 7 in the market but dropped it to £99 (even if it meant taking a hit on it) and then given Apple an even bigger issue to think about.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Apple are having more iMessage issues tonight, driving me mad.

Also considering the 32gb Nexus 7 as I have £42.50 worth of Tesco vouchers I could do with spending.

Do it, you wont be disappointed - the nexus 7 is brilliant.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Tempted to sell the S3 for the Nexus 4. Spec and price is awesome!

The S3 is worth more on mobile selling sites at the moment too.

2014 Focus Titanium
Tempted to sell the S3 for the Nexus 4. Spec and price is awesome!

The S3 is worth more on mobile selling sites at the moment too.

Thinking this myself! My S3 is amazing and only a month old but having a pure Android phone is so tempting right now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Probably not, would accept a bluetooth keyboard, not sure it supports USB in.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Probably not, would accept a bluetooth keyboard, not sure it supports USB in.

It supports USB OTG which means it has Host and Device support, it's just a cabling issue (hardware wise).

Software wise, no idea if a stock Nexus 7 will support a HID device connected to the OTG port, maybe require rooting to enable the functionality.

Bumder With A Buffer
I bought a Nexus 7 yesterday. 32gb Version.

I like it at the minute although having usual Android issues with Album art and having to do all the clear data etc and reboot to get them showing.

Hmmm. For now, I want to keep my computer and phone in the Apple ecosystem, but tablets are fair game for me. I only really use my iPad for messing about on the internet and playing with some apps. It doesn't need to be plugged into Apple HQ.

Serial considering a Nexus 10 instead of the iPad 4.

Somewhere, a fairy just dropped dead.

Haha! Indeed mate. It's like Jobs' reality distortion field has been lifted. Kinda like that bit at the end of I-Robot?

In all seriousness I still love Apple products, and have no desire to stray away for my computing and cell phone needs, but a tablet is a tablet. I don't need it to do any of the things that my computer or phone do. It just has to connect to the internet and have an awesome screen. Gonna wait until I get my hands on one before making a decision.