ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie control questions - how do I....

Hi everyone,

I have had my mk2 for about 5 days so far, its averaging 79mpg at the moment which isn't bad, anyway I have 2 'how do I?' questions with regards to the controls of the car that I can't seem to figure out:

Question 1:

How do I flash high beams when I have my lights on (or they are on automatically) - example is to flash someone to thank them for waiting so I can pass through part of the road (eg if there is a car parked on one side of the road). I know with the lights off I just pull back on the headlight stalk and it flashes, if this is done when the lights are on it locks it into high beam rather than just a quick flash. How do I simply just flash someone to thank them without blinding them? Seems odd to need to lock then unlock the stalk out of high beams.

Question 2:

Single windscreen wipe, on all of my previous cars there is a way to have a single wipe of the windscreen when say in the morning there is dew, or indeed when its light drizzle where you don't actually need the wipers on. How do I just activate a single wipe without turning the wipers onto intermittent/wipe?

Many.
Ha, you can't actually do either of those with a clio.

I've just got in the habit of double hitting the headlight flash, and the wipers just flicking it down and up, although I have auto wipers that work properly so rarely have the need.

You can flash the headlights on, but it depends if you're using auto-lights or not.

If you have manually turned the lights on, you can flash without them stayin on. However if the lights are on automatically, I found it just triggers it on, then you have to pull it again to turn it off.

As above, with #2 you cant, unless you just go up once and then bring it back to off.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Averaging 79mpg?.....................:eek:, auto wipers are a pain in the ar*e, one of the very few things I don't like about mine, but I can live with them....

Willo

Many.
I manage to half pull my light stalk back so it doesn't click in and just flashes

Without auto lights I assume? The inital stage of the stalk clicks in a relay with auto wipers on. Bit of a design flaw.

Averaging 79mpg?.....................:eek:, auto wipers are a pain in the ar*e, one of the very few things I don't like about mine, but I can live with them....

Willo

Obviously diesel lol, quite easy when driven carefully (or perhaps just not lead-footed like I do). You can turn them off with Clip, however I found using rain repellent really helped with the working of them. I think its mostly due to the delay.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
to wipe windscreen once just do a short press of the window cleaners. it will spray nothing and give you a single wipe.

also is 79mpg a typo? because that's not right...