ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how far can you see with your xenons!

iv got xenons on my 1.4 dynamique i thought they were surposed to be good but i can only seen a few meters in front of me, i have to stick main beam on to actually see where im going.

i can see a clear line where the light just stops and its pitch black after that

and renault wipers wipe the wrong way!

Da

Less

Quote: Originally posted by D4ve F on 27 August 2005

and renault wipers wipe the wrong way!
Theyre french mate! lol! Just another little thing that doesnt get swapped over for us right hand drive people!

RS 200

I have xenons on my 1.4 dynamique and they are brilliant. They seem a little odd for the first week or so after conventional lights but you get used to them. As for the quality of lighting they seem great much brighter than the normal lights on my old dynamique. Maybe you have a problem with the auto levelling or something i.e they might be stuck up or down and not lighting up the road infront, just a guess as I am no mechanic but you shouldnt have any probs with them.

In future when buying a car I will definately look for xenons as a feature.

Hope you get it sorted.

Chris

yeah i think that might be the problem they shine to low, might go to renault and ask when i have time

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

yes they move up and down by themselves

Its auto-leveling. They come factory fitted with it.

Its damn annoying when u see a car with auto leveling as it looks as if they are flashing you !!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

My xenons light up the street like a becon. lol
Im always getting people flashing me but i had renault look at them as i thought they were too high but they said one side was 1mm out!

Mini Cooper S sport

My xenons really came into their own when I went to Cornwall last weekend.

The normal beam goes as far as any other car Ive had, but of course is brighter and more anoying for whoever youre following :devilish:.

The full beam is FANTASTIC. We were driving down dark deserted lanes, trying to find our B&B and the headlights lit up for miles down the road, and very clearly each side. My other half was very impressed (and so was I!)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 27 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by D4ve F on 27 August 2005and renault wipers wipe the wrong way![/QUOTE]Theyre french mate! lol! Just another little thing that doesnt get swapped over for us right hand drive people!

IMO, this is the right way as the rain from the windscreen is pushed away from the drivers side to the passengers side.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 27 August 2005

My xenons really came into their own when I went to Cornwall last weekend.

The normal beam goes as far as any other car Ive had, but of course is brighter and more anoying for whoever youre following :devilish:.

The full beam is FANTASTIC. We were driving down dark deserted lanes, trying to find our B&B and the headlights lit up for miles down the road, and very clearly each side. My other half was very impressed (and so was I!)
The full beam is not the xenons but a normal H7 bulb like any other mk2

and yes they are pretty dam bright !!!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

Have you lowered you car? That reduces your range. Also quite a few 172s get recalled (supposingly) because the lights level computer thingy is faulty.

yeah i have lowered it on eibach sport line springs 50mm, you think that has something to do with it? what will renault say about it being lowered?

i also drive my mums mini not got xenons and the dipped beam on those shines twice the distance of my xenons.

but the full beam on my clio is quality i always have it on cant really see corners with out it. think i really need to get these looked at, my xenons are qualty just dont shine very far.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Dave, Yes lowering will effect the xenon range.....

You might need the adjusted higher, but renault will charge you for this privalage as its not a "problem" as such.

Full beam is a standard bulb... next to the xenons as mentioned are very bright!! hehehe

Xenons dont shine that much further infact i feel they are slighty lower down!! hence why u cant see things sometimes. But they reflect a lot more accross the road.

I think somebody mentioned you can get the xenons adjusted.... either manually or electronicly.

Renault shudnt charge much for this but will deff be chargable.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Has on 27 August 2005

Dave, Yes lowering will effect the xenon range.....

You might need the adjusted higher, but renault will charge you for this privalage as its not a "problem" as such.

Full beam is a standard bulb... next to the xenons as mentioned are very bright!! hehehe

Xenons dont shine that much further infact i feel they are slighty lower down!! hence why u cant see things sometimes. But they reflect a lot more accross the road.

I think somebody mentioned you can get the xenons adjusted.... either manually or electronicly.

Renault shudnt charge much for this but will deff be chargable.

i thought this might be the case... had mine on when driving to Freds a few weeks ago, and when driving back the light was nowhere near as far down the road. Its down 40/60 so thought that the leveller might sort itself out but alas it might be a trip to my mate at renault.

tiTTy & SV650

IMO, this is the right way as the rain from the windscreen is pushed away from the drivers side to the passengers side.
but to the top right of the windscreen there is a section in the drivers direct line of sight which doesnt get wiped, wheras the top left of the windscreen does, hence its the wrong way round!

Racing Blue 182

my xenons dont shine far enough, my cars standard and mine stop about 10meters infront of my car, and is alll black, mite get renault to have a look

RE: wipers

The machanism sweeps deeper into the unswept area than it otherwise normally woould beacuse of the cam effect. One presumes Renualt engineered the the wiper this way so they wouldnt have to swap sides from LH to RH drive.

Wiping the rain in a particular direction? Popycock!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

My clio has been out a couple of times this month and in the dark.A few days later i took my dads focus c-max to the airport and it felt like i had candles in front of me.

I suppose if there not right they will be poo,but imho they are the best lights by a mile

ian