ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon question

does the xenon part of the headlamp only work on low beam??? as when i go to full beam the light changes from the nice blue colour to a normal bulb colour. do i have to get the the main beam type bulbs to change the look of the full beam light???? probabley a stupid question just want to make sure.

Thanx

BMX

The xenon lamp only works on normal beam. The full beam is the second set of lamps (closer to the grille) in the headlight unit. The full beam lamps are a higher wattage than the xenons but are just normal lamps, therefore, when engaged they are brighter than the xenons but just give out a normal yellowy light. Which is probably why you notice the blue light fades away (its still there, but just cant be seen on the road).

You wont be able to convert the full beam lamps to xenons, it would involve fitting ignitors and control gear, different relays and would necessitate a complete cutnshut of the wiring loom - plus you wouldnt get the xenon lamps in the type and size reqd.

2012 WRX Waggon

watch the retro fit mega white lamps - some of them throw out quite abit of UV and ur polycarbonate light cover aint gonna like that!!

though it depends how much full beam driving u do i spose.

not much just like the look of the white light over the blue type. plus the 50% brigther sounds good to me. more light cant do no harm

BMX

You could buy some of those xenons from the likes of halfords and as long as they are the right type and wattage itll be fine. Although, I dont know how close they would be in colour to the proper gas discharge ones. I suspect they may still be a bit yellowy. I guess if theyre cheap enough - buy em and try em:)

Ford Fiesta

I got some blue vision from powerbulbs.com for the main beam.

Match better but still not the same as xenon light!