ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New yokohama paradas!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Off after work to get 4 new paradas fitted!
I don't think i've ever read such a mixed reviews of a tyre before.
Decided as I drive like a gay in the wet that this is the tyre for me!
Roll on the dry days! :D time!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I have a set of 4 spec-2's on my valver and anything less than dessert conditions they are god awful.

On dry warm tarmac they are epic, in fact they become almost sticky.

Some people say they can over heat and disintergrate lol.

Good tyre in the dry and God awful in wet or cold conditions.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used Paradas on my hybrid when we went to the welsh mountains. In the monsoon!!

I thought they were ok tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah yokohamas have never been a lasting tyre. Dry day epic tyre for me!
I stay in scotland so i'm doing sun dances as I post!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Now do you know what I mean by mixed reviews!

Clio 182
Yep I haven't had any issues with them in the wet ... but I do drive like a girl most of the time!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i loved mine in the dry, and wrote my car off in the wet... possibly my fault but i like to blame the tyres.

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
We put them on one of our demo seat ibizas and the salesman managed to bend the rim, he blamed the tyres also...

Quite a few of our techies at work rate them though, i know what you mean about mixed reviews..

BMW M5 & E36
I had them on the back of the 182 all winter, seem good to me. Will be getting another pair for the front shortly.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Ha that's where it get's even better. £120 all four fiited and balanced.
195/50/15 V
Kin' magic thats the same tyres size as mine lol.. where u get them from and were they fitted in the same place?

lol.. 4 Toyo t1r's are £138 :)

Works...kind of...
It's lulsome that the first thing people compliment Parada's on is the way the tread looks.

Who gives a flying ****? I'm not looking at them when I'm falling off the road at every corner in wet conditions.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well got them fitted on friday been really dry most of the weekend until today but dry grip is nothing short of epic and I really mean that word!
The pumas are known for excellent handling but the tyres have really transformed the car, I think due to the poor tyres that were on the car the paradas have had more of an impact but i'm really glad I choose them after reading lots about them.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anybody looking for a grippy dry tyre!

As for the wet handling problems i'll probably never be going quick enough to get them on the limit in the wet.

Cheers naith. ;)

Ph1
Best tyre iv ever had fitted to the Clio by a mile!!

Their wear rate is superb, awsome standing start grip and never had a problem with the wet grip, something of which i was worried about prior to buying. Infact, for road use, i find they grip a lot better than Eagle F1's in the wet!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Best tyre iv ever had fitted to the Clio by a mile!!

Their wear rate is superb, awsome standing start grip and never had a problem with the wet grip, something of which i was worried about prior to buying. Infact, for road use, i find they grip a lot better than Eagle F1's in the wet!
I was thinking the tyre wear would be quick as they are softer compound but i'm not that worried it's well worth it for sheer cornering abilities.

And there were a lot of wet comments before I bought these tyres but only time will tell if they are genuinely a bad wet tyre.

tread pattern reminds me of r888's!

I don't even drive fast tbh but the tyres make you want to!

Big grin club is back! :D

Sticky like my pants when thinking of your face? ;)

oh stop x

an example of the grip with heat is i went into the complex at silverstone with parada's on the front, falken on the rear, the back stepped out and i drifted it FWD styley whilst the front was stuck fast. brown pants and chubby all at the same time

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
oh stop x

an example of the grip with heat is i went into the complex at silverstone with parada's on the front, falken on the rear, the back stepped out and i drifted it FWD styley whilst the front was stuck fast. brown pants and chubby all at the same time
Pmsl! I can imagine your face! WTF!

Glad I got a couple of dry days at least just for a few blasts.
It's the speed you can carry into corners, no squirming or dodgy braking, just point and gas!

Cheers for convincing naith mate!

M2 Competition
Anyone that thinks they grip well in the wet, doesnt drive very hard in the wet (which isnt a bad thing, tis dangerous yo... )

Awesome tyres in the dry summer days when you can get them hot/ on track, but for a reliable allrounder pe2's are much much better.

agreed dan. like gally says tho, im a pussy in the wet. as are most people not called 'fred' lol

i went out in the wet in them at Brunters, i turned, the car didnt, was errrrm fun.

Ph1
Anyone that thinks they grip well in the wet, doesnt drive very hard in the wet (which isnt a bad thing, tis dangerous yo... )

Awesome tyres in the dry summer days when you can get them hot/ on track, but for a reliable allrounder pe2's are much much better.

For normal to pretty spirited wet driving iv never found them to be a problem, or certainly nothing that indicates their any worse than the other well known makes. The way folk were talking they make out their like slicks haha :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
For normal to pretty spirited wet driving iv never found them to be a problem, or certainly nothing that indicates their any worse than the other well known makes. The way folk were talking they make out their like slicks haha :eek:
Was raining last night and can still carry more speed into corners than my old tyres, when I think about they old ones were death traps!

I agree that a lot of people scare you into thinking they are like slicks!

Ph1
Yeah, their no where near as bad as folk make out. Price of them too. Got to be the best value for money tyre you can buy

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, their no where near as bad as folk make out. Price of them too. Got to be the best value for money tyre you can buy
That's what me and naith were saying for the price I got them I would be willy to spend a little more for the dry handling!

Monaco Ph2 172

Agreed - I love Yokos! :) The A539's were the best tyres I ever used.

Although I paid about £90 each for my 205/45/16's Parada :(

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The most useless wet tyre i've ever bought. And they peel in the dry!

Aside from T1-R's... they are f*cking ditchfinders and should be banned.

PE2 FTW.

R53 Cooper S
Off after work to get 4 new paradas fitted!
I don't think i've ever read such a mixed reviews of a tyre before.
Decided as I drive like a gay in the wet that this is the tyre for me!
Roll on the dry days! :D time!

just in the wet aye?:rasp:...lol

The most useless wet tyre i've ever bought. And they peel in the dry!

Aside from T1-R's... they are f*cking ditchfinders and should be banned.

PE2 FTW.

+1:approve: