ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres fitted now got steering wheel shake?

6/468 17poo
Just had a set of conti-sports fitted to the 172 and at around 70mph i get a shake through the steering wheel (new tyres to front) would this mean a weights come off?the tyres are around 28psi?

Ryan

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They're under pressure (imo) and it means they aint balanced properly.

S4 Avant
Not balanced properly/thoroughly.

I've had that trouble before, next set of fronts I had, I just asked if they could double check the balancing again, as I had some wheel wobble last time.

Absolutely fine afterwards.

6/468 17poo
Hmmmm thats what i thought, i will go back to the garage tomorrow and have a word, they felt really hard and they were at 36psi?! surely thats a bit extreme?

Iceberg 172
Weights not been put on correctly.

28psi is also low for the front imo. 32 min on the front, 28/30 on the rear.

Iceberg 172
Hmmmm thats what i thought, i will go back to the garage tomorrow and have a word, they felt really hard and they were at 36psi?! surely thats a bit extreme?

I think Renault quote 36f/31r. Which seems a bit hard to me, I tend to go for 34f/30r. Ish... can't remember the last time I checked mine tbh!

6/468 17poo
But it shouldn't matter about pressure I shouldn't get this shaking at speed should I?

Just trying to prepare myself for the garage!

alien green rs133
ignore the n00bs theres nothing wrong with 28 psi.
unbalanced wheel, i mean a buckled wheel would wobble, but if it didnt do it before im assuming your wheels are straight.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Think they recommend 32 front, 30 rear. Nothing wrong with 28 as said above by Hutchie, but unless your checking them regularly i'd put that bit more in just so that when they do go down a tad they havent dropped to like 25/26 as opposed to 27/28.

6/468 17poo
They re balanced them no problems, havent taking them to 70 yet so ill see i hope there ok!

He said there spot on now, lets hope they are, what else could it be?

182cup & 172 racecar
They re balanced them no problems, havent taking them to 70 yet so ill see i hope there ok!

He said there spot on now, lets hope they are, what else could it be?

To be quite honest, the first thing I would have done would to be take it up to 70 to check.

Anyway from what you are saying they were out of balance.

6/468 17poo
Took it to 70 on way to work, seems ok still doesnt feel 100% maybe its just me and the s**t winter roads!

It wouldnt effect the tracking would it?