ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to this!

Renault Clio Mk1
I have not yet passed my test, but wanted advice on a Clio Mk1, how much should i be looking to pay and what version is the best for a first time driver. When i have the car i will be looking to do suttle modifications such as smoothing, color co-ordination and interior improvements. Your advice would be appreciated!

Cliosport 197
Slowly upgrade your engine size through the years, not every few months its expensive lol. I started with a 1.2 02 corsa, then 1.2 petrol turbo 57 plate clio, then a clio gt 1.6 09 plate then to a 197 07 plate. Lost thousands on every one except corsa but done all that before turning 19 lol. Recomend a gt 1.6 for first, nippy enough to start n cheap enough to insure after a year

clio mk2 van
you joking? a 1.6 gt for your first car? I could only just insure a 1.0 micra for £3k, 1.2 clio's were £3200 at least. Hence why I ended up with a 1.9d clio van for £1200! people dont realise how much insurance for young drivers has gone up in the past year.

Clio 200
i agree, my clio 1.2 after i think my first years driving was close to £2000, but now im 20, some how my 200 is £2800 a year.. and i had a "crash"..

320d
There can't be many MK1 Clio's around now.

I'd go for a MK2 personally. Its so rare to see a MK1 now, the last few years they seem to have all disappeared off the road.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Get a 1.1 metro, haha. Seriously though, pay £300 for a 1.1 insurance for a year is £1200 (for a guy) then sell it after the year and buy a clio. My insurance was £3000 for a 1.2 clio first year but putting my ma and dad onto it brought it down to £1200 phew!
P.S. Welcome! :)

Renault Clio Mk1
Haha, i know i don't see many Mk1's anymore, i just like the old school look. Ive been looking round for one and as you can imagine not easy finding one in reasonably condition, but going to keep looking! Cause planning on getting a Clio Williams after my first year.