ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New System - Food for thought

Tesla MP3 2021
personally i'd wait. get a decent pc for £800 and save your money till i7's settle in more and a couplel more top end nvidia cards have come out...thats my opinion anyway

I have a decent PC now but I want the best lol. What is the point in waiting for somehting that is always changing. The system I specced up is easily going to last me a min of 2 years. The gtx295 is the top end nvidia card out at present and yes no doubt in 6-12 months time it wont. It will always be like this.

personally i'd wait. get a decent pc for £800 and save your money till i7's settle in more and a couplel more top end nvidia cards have come out...thats my opinion anyway

Always sensible advice that is, dude. But there's always something new around the corner. Sometimes you just have to hang your balls out there and do woteva you wawnt. All the time. I guess it just depends on the ratio between your bank balance and what you want for gaming. None of us need this stuff. Some peoples sensible threshold is set slightly differently to other peoples :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Here is exactly what I ordered.

Picture1-6.jpg

I couldn't resist the 965 lol.

should have bought some nice 160gb intel ssd as well for that system...! much much faster than the raptor!

but then as for the price.... !

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah I was toying with the idea of SSD's but im sure the raptor will be good enough for now :)

You are officially my hero :D

However, don't get too excited about Crysis. That game will STILL not run at +60fps on ultra everything in 1920x1200 with AA. Mind you, it'll give it a f**king good shot. Epic processor. Epic memory. Epic mobo. Epic gfx. Just - epic.

-xxx-

Jesus look how cheap that DDR3 is now. That's around what TheBeast3 cost to build 18 months ago and that's a 780i system :(

EDIT: one more thing...if you don't overclock that motherboard to within an inch of blowing up, then you've wasted your money on it. That mobo HAS to be overclocked. Lots. It's the law :D

EDIT 2: Emergency. Dude you might want to do some extra research on that monitor! I have read that the 'HD' versions suffer from input lag. If you don't intend to use it as a telly then get the vanilla T260 TBH.

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
You are officially my hero :D

However, don't get too excited about Crysis. That game will STILL not run at +60fps on ultra everything in 1920x1200 with AA. Mind you, it'll give it a f**king good shot. Epic processor. Epic memory. Epic mobo. Epic gfx. Just - epic.

-xxx-

Yeah I understand. Like you say it will give it a good shake up for an awesome gaming experience. Also got Crysis War Head and COD WAW ready to go aswell. What other games to you recommend?

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Jesus look how cheap that DDR3 is now. That's around what TheBeast3 cost to build 18 months ago and that's a 780i system :(

EDIT: one more thing...if you don't overclock that motherboard to within an inch of blowing up, then you've wasted your money on it. That mobo HAS to be overclocked. Lots. It's the law :D

EDIT 2: Emergency. Dude you might want to do some extra research on that monitor! I have read that the 'HD' versions suffer from input lag. If you don't intend to use it as a telly then get the vanilla T260 TBH.

Yeah I will be overclocking on this system. I am going to take it slow and do plenty of research and take it one step at a time lol. Depending on other funds later in the year I will plan to WC this system so I can take the CPU/Mboard to its limits :)

Tesla MP3 2021

Sorry I posted up the wrong link.

This is the one I got

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0017H98G2

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/...e=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS26TWHSUV/EN

This is the HD one, correct?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0018NLVOM/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Yeah, the T60HD is the same panel but it has a TV tuner and additional analogue inputs. It may well be awesome but I have definitely read that it suffers from input lag. The vanilla T260 is apparently the one to go for if you don't need the tuner or extra inputs. I went for the latter myself, and that was after quite a bit of research :eek:

Yeah I understand. Like you say it will give it a good shake up for an awesome gaming experience. Also got Crysis War Head and COD WAW ready to go aswell. What other games to you recommend?

FarCry 2 is good. F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin. Dead Space. CoD 4. Any Half-Life game. Well all of them actually.

Also, if you like drving games why not spunk another few pounds on a G25 steering wheel? GRID plays very well with it. All the GTR games are epic sims with it, although visually they're a bit flat.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah, the T60HD is the same panel but it has a TV tuner and additional analogue inputs. It may well be awesome but I have definitely read that it suffers from input lag. The vanilla T260 is apparently the one to go for if you don't need the tuner or extra inputs. I went for the latter myself, and that was after quite a bit of research :eek:

FarCry 2 is good. F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin. Dead Space. CoD 4. Any Half-Life game. Well all of them actually.

Also, if you like drving games why not spunk another few pounds on a G25 steering wheel? GRID plays very well with it. All the GTR games are epic sims with it, although visually they're a bit flat.

Its a good job I didn't buy the HD version then lol. Yeah I played HL2 when it first came out and I thought it looked pretty good on my machine I had at the time. I might get hold of HL/EP2.

Cant wait for it all to arrive lol :clown:

Don't forget Episode 1.

I know the feeling of getting all the kit. If my rig wasn't still performing so well, I'd be blowing a few quid on an i7 tomorrow. No - today :D

You should also pickup an x360 controller if you inted to play any 3rd person games like Tomb Raider. Dead Space also plays a lot better with a pad.

Tesla MP3 2021
s**t yeah, silly me lol.

Yeah I have a 360 anyway so just need to pick up that Windows xbox pad adaptor thing.

Tesla MP3 2021
f**k me the T260 is stunning and the GigaWorks T3 speakers are quality aswell :).

Cant wait to start building the system now!!

Yeah dude. Sit extra close to that T260 and play a good shooter loaded up with AA/AF. You'll get sucked in. So immersive. Best gaming I've experienced to date.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Couldn't agree more. The Logitech G25 is a s**t-hot piece of kit and coupled with the likes of GTR2 and GTR Evo, it's superb. Granted, most driving games look a lot better (on most platforms) these days, but in terms of actual driving - they are superb.

So much so that the jigsaw is coming out on Saturday, cutting out a section off my desk so that the wheel and gearstick attach much better. :)

D.

You know how we roll Dazzle. Unfortunately, my shitty desk layout now, also doesn't really allow me to rig up my G25 :(

I may have to think about breaking out the power tools.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You know how we roll Dazzle. Unfortunately, my s**tty desk layout now, also doesn't really allow me to rig up my G25 :(

I may have to think about breaking out the power tools.

If you ever get it setup m8, I'll have to have a few laps of Donny with you. See how a Cup driver fairs against a Full Fat b*****d one. ;)

D.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah dude. Sit extra close to that T260 and play a good shooter loaded up with AA/AF. You'll get sucked in. So immersive. Best gaming I've experienced to date.

Yeah cant wait to get some gaming done.

So far I have got...

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
COD WAW
Fear 2
The Orange Box
Left 4 Dead

These should keep me busy for while lol

I'm going to start reading up how to best overclock these boards. Last time I checked, there were some potential issues with RAM voltage frying the CPU due to the on-die controller setup. If I can be confident that I can clock some epic preformance out of a lower spec i7, it'll be much easier for me to justify building TheBeast4 and selling my current CPU.

Anyone want a QX9650? £500 - 18 months old :D