ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New System - Food for thought

Tesla MP3 2021
Na it’s not "bought yet" lol just thought I would get your hearts racing ;). Its definitely going to one of those 2 setups. The extreme would be ideal.

Inheritance money FTW :)

Na already got a LG Blu Ray number. Well spotted though :)

Fair play, fella.

Anyway, IMO I would wait (if you trust my opinion) until I've had a good go with that Samsung monitor. I will be brutally honest about what I think of it.

Tesla MP3 2021
Fair play, fella.

Anyway, IMO I would wait (if you trust my opinion) until I've had a good go with that Samsung monitor. I will be brutally honest about what I think of it.

Thanks mate. It wont be getting order until a few weeks yet anyway!

IMO no, not worth it at the moment. RAID-up a couple of Raptors if HDD performance is paramount, but either way, they won't improve your framerates. Frames are life. Anything that doesn't directly improve them is of secondary importance TBH.

A4 Avant
I have no experience of SSD's. I couldn't justify the minimal performance increase for the cost, but then again seeing as you decided to blow another £600 in about a minute they could be just the ticket for you! Lol.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well that's it I have no experience of them at the moment but I don't have the urge to investigate either lol. Like you say I could go RAID with a few Raptors but I don't think I will need to.

Nigel, I don't have a money tree in my back garden you know. On second thoughts I could just get Ben_p to give me a sub ;) lol

Tesla MP3 2021
Ha nice. All the parts minus the monitor and speakers works out £60 cheaper over at Scan. Thats including p&p on both.

Tesla MP3 2021
Hmmm interesting...

Core i7-975 (3.33GHz) $999 so this will replace the current i7-965
Core i7-950 (3.06GHz) $562 so this will come in at the price the i7-940 is now

Meant to be released either end of April/May.

The Samsung is immense, dude. You will not be disappointed. I've only played a bit of FarCry 2 so far, but it looks stupidly good in 26" 1920x1200 rolling on ultra-high :eek:

Do it. Do it. Do it.

Tesla MP3 2021
Haha great stuff. Samsung it is then.

Just got to wait and see what my budget is and I will be ready to order :) Going to ring OCuk and see if they will price match Scan.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well OCuk can go and suck my dong, "sorry we dont do price matching".

Where did you get your Samsung from Roy?

Tesla MP3 2021
lol great. Well it would be all the components from Scan and the monitor and speakers from OCUK as Scan dont stock them for some reason.

Still save nearly £70 on the components :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Ahhh good old Amazon. The T260 is £10 cheaper with free delivery, sorry Roy ;). So I will pick up the monitor and speakers from them.

I am determined not to give OCuk a penny due to the sales guy’s poor attitude

Titanium 182
Nah you won't damage anything man. Worst case is a failed POST, some mobos now even auto-recover from a failed POST so it's all gravy. You just need to keep an eye on temps. It's the over volting side you need to be cautious of.

I tried to OC my CPU and I broke my computer, don't really know how just wouldn't post as you say. Haven't tried it again to this day.

Do it for me munson.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah overclocking a Core 2 and an i7 is abit different I believe. So Im not sure I will be testing the water on that one just yet lol

Titanium 182
Whats an i7 ? :eek:

I'v fallen behind recently. Rolling a quad core amd athlon (black edition)
Can't even remember the speed or anything of it now though >_<

I tried to OC my CPU and I broke my computer, don't really know how just wouldn't post as you say. Haven't tried it again to this day.

Do it for me munson.

n00b. Find out if your mobo has a CMOS jumper. If it doesn't (many do not) then find out where your CMOS battery is, disconnect from the mains, take the battery out and put it back in, and you're good to go. Done.

Adam, you need that Samsung and you need it now. It's one big-ass monitor. I can't quite believe just how epic it is for playing shooters :D

Tesla MP3 2021
^ LOL. Feel free to get me one if you want ;).

I think I might just get the monitor and speakers now as I am ordering these seperatly from the main system components anyway.

Definitely do it. Do it. Do it.

It's so big you get drawn in as though you're actually there. Any shooter is amazingly immersive. It seems far far bigger than than my 42" plasma that I use for console gaming, put it that way. 30" would be even better, but at 2560x1600 that's a massive budren on the system.

Tesla MP3 2021
I Know, I cant wait. I have been out of serious PC gaming far to long. Hopefully should be getting round to ordering it soon :)

Tesla MP3 2021
I am getting excited now :eek:. The Mega System (with the Extreme CPU) could be getting ordered sooner than I thought :)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
personally i'd wait. get a decent pc for £800 and save your money till i7's settle in more and a couplel more top end nvidia cards have come out...thats my opinion anyway