ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Super Cup Lump

Ph1
Good luck with this mate. Always thought the intake track / plenum set up was a bit restrictive looking with all the twists and turns compared to the Honda, Vauxhall etc etc straight off the head type set ups.

Now, BHP should increase due to less restriction but what kind of ball park figure are you hoping? Just a clue haha ;) plus 10?

Also will their be any negative effect on torque levels?

Looking forward to the results from all this. :cool:

Space restriction is THE massive consideration.
In terms of bulk flow improvements you should hopefully see a nil poi or slightly positive gain in midrange as the decrease in runner length is offset with bulk flow and flow quality improvements.

In terms of performance, the initial designs should be capable of 240bhp at least.

340i
If a car was to have a smaller radiator installed could the intake be made bigger/better?!

Can their be "room" for improvement?

Ph1
Space restriction is THE massive consideration.
In terms of bulk flow improvements you should hopefully see a nil poi or slightly positive gain in midrange as the decrease in runner length is offset with bulk flow and flow quality improvements.

In terms of performance, the initial designs should be capable of 240bhp at least.

I take it you mean the design will be capable of flowing to a rate of 240 bhp ?

Will the battery have to live in the boot for induction kit location?

Yes, capable, obviously wont do that on a stock engine.
Battery is a user choice really as you could fit a filter in the bay, but obvious detrimental effects are to be had.

Its really just a solution to the main problem that a stock type install has. Is there room for improvement, sure, of course........but then you get into the realm of 'really, how much do you want to pay'.

This setup is to provide 200+bhp performance without stripping the engine apart and retaining the stock ECU, which to us is the holy grail. Everything else just ends up running like a pile of crap in comparison terms.

Your a Rushworth? fantastic.

I'll get the family tree out, discount deminishes with each generation back.

You can get free kudos points for having the same name though.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Woop. Hope this is sorted by March/April in time for fitting with my 428's.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Your a Rushworth? fantastic.

I'll get the family tree out, discount deminishes with each generation back.

You can get free kudos points for having the same name though.

Bradford Rushworths - lots of em up in Yorkshire, get a bit sparse the further south you go.

If youre ever board let me know, my sister did a load of research on the name. Sort of interesting if you like that kind of thing. But get this project finished first!

Dont worry, I'm working on it.

I'm the 27th generating Rushworth and can be found on rushworth.com's tree.....are you on there?

RS RIP
Is this also a nice mod on top of the mods already on the engine; cams, inlets, + 182 exhaust manifold ? I have a 172 cup , now making very nice results already. Wondering if this will even get more out of it ? (not top-end but torque ?)

Franx - It will put your car well over the 200bhp mark along with a corresponding increase in torque. It's hard to say exactly how much torque as I don't know what spec your C&B cams are exactly.

Cheers
M

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Very interesting read! Icarus, I want your garage & its contents :D, look forward to seeing the finished piece

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good, if price was right I could be interested in a cable version, or are we going to get bummed on the pricing big time?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Sure it will be, how much % wise though (so you don't have to give actual prices) would you guesstimate the cable version costing though? I've spent the night looking at cars to swap the clio for but could be tempted to stick with it even longer :)

Cable version won't be a significant amount more than the DBW version. All it needs is a throttle bypass and a remote ICV mount fabricating which aren't expensive.

Cheers
M

Ph1
Another one here with a cable set up potentially interested when more details come out lol

At this rate us cable lot will out number the lecy TB boys lol

Im guessing this will need set up mapping wise once fitted ?

RS RIP
Another one here with a cable set up potentially interested when more details come out lol

At this rate us cable lot will out number the lecy TB boys lol

Im guessing this will need set up mapping wise once fitted ?

c'mon Andy.. :rolleyes: what do you think !?

;)

A remap is neccesary due to greater inducted airmass when compared to the standard inlet manifold. It will drive on the standard one but only in a needs must situation and then at low engine speed and low load.

Running it in anger on a standard cal would be really test the ECU's adaption ;-)

Cheers
M

DBW will be batch production, Cable can be batch production if requried. Cable throttle people don't panic - you can have one too we aren't going to leave you out ;-)

The first batch will be DBW but that is as per the plan and as per demand (currently 33 DBW owners registered interest and 6 cable owners) there won't be a major delay or a problem providing cable body supporting kits if required and the additional cost will be partly balanced by the reduced costs of loom connectors etc. so you are most definately not going to be paying a massive premium over DBW.

Cheers
M