ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Super Cup Lump

Built this over the weekend for the Super Cup and for Super-2000 inlet manifold testing:

4hcbp2.jpg

Not a bad weekends work.

Spec is fairly boggo F4R 736 but with a bit of safety added for sustained high RPM use.

- Brand new F4R 736 Cylinder head incl valves, seats, guides, springs, seals etc. etc.
- Standard bottom end bar ARP 2000 big end fasteners
- Cometic MLM head gasket
- New roller rockers and lifters
- Few other bits.

It will get the CAT428's from my current engine along with new timing gear, clutch etc. etc.

sltk5h.jpg

34eom4y.jpg

2prcoq8.jpg

Just need to find the time to get it into the car now!

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

How come you haven't done anything on the head dude?

Inlet manifold details please ;)

Because I need a completely standard to original brand new Renault spec head in order to correctly gauge the performance increase the new inlet manifold gives.

If I have a fiddle or have the port shape tweaked etc. then the results aren't comparible to the standard data I have.

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

Makes sense! How come you're fitting cams? Can it only have valvetrain changes?

Race regs or just curiosity for the open market?

Makes sense! How come you're fitting cams? Can it only have valvetrain changes?

Race regs or just curiosity for the open market?

Cams are part of the engine spec. Will do testing with standards and 428's. All on a standard cylinder head though.

Open market once all the testing and validation is complete!

Cheers
M

340i
Looking good...

This new inlet manifold certainly sounds promising, any ideas when testing will be completed/results being released?

M

mini-valver

Awesome mate! I'll pop down and have a look when you have it built, inviting myself can only be a good thing.....

Aiming for testing and validation complete first week in March if all goes to plan and everything arrives as it should.

Pop down and have a butchers mini. Few interesting things in the workshop at the moment - including the two X85's for this seasons Britcar Production Championship!

35butrq.jpg

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

Will do mate! Be interesting to have a look round the x85's and compare to the 3 Amery run!

That quad looks like fun TBH :D

CS Dungeon
Looking good fella, top work as always............can I have a job please? lol

You still interested in these Comp Mo's mate? I feel the need for some new rimmage asap :)

Will do mate! Be interesting to have a look round the x85's and compare to the 3 Amery run!

That quad looks like fun TBH :D

The BPM Racing Quad ;-) Use it to tow the track support trailer with for fetching tyres etc. etc.

Quality made in China "Oh s**t the brakes don't work" quad LOL

Pretty sure Amery's X85's don't need 120L of fuel to fill the tanks ;-)

Cheers
M

BPM X85's = standard tank + ATL saver cell + ATL Dry Break Fueling and 25 litre dump churns ;-)

25 litres into the car in 7 seconds so great for splash and dash. If we were allowed to run fueling towers we could tank the car in under 10 seconds!

Cheers
M

provindings.gif

Hello sirs we will be the providings for the race cars of the race team in the running of with the britcar.

We can be offering you the upgrade with the race seat for the the seasons or the races with the race cars at the race circuit.

200mb with the broadband.

Thanking you. ;-)

The quad has a gear pedal............ but the Clutch is on the handle bars........... I'm glad you're better with tyres than you are with pit equipment ;-)

Cheers
M

^and tea boy/pit girl perv

:eek:

how wrong could you be 12% actually iirc

its 4.20... the clio rolls into the pits for a very important brake disk and pad change, the whole crew is on tenterhooks worried, sweat drips from there brows as they set too work

naith.... is asleep, opened mouthed in the garage next to the car and sleeps straight through it....

It'll be productionised and available from March. Complete bolt on kit which retains DBW throttle body for cruise control, traction control etc. etc.

Cheers
M

Once the prototype is done and the design validated then I'll post a thread with pics, details, graphs and prices ;-)

Cheers
M

More power........... why else would we be doing it? ;-)

Essentialy greater flow and velocity with much less restriction and a much more direct patch between TB and Port than would ever be possible on the standard manifold. F4R's respond so well to matched inlets and ITB setups because the standard inlet manifold is so poor.

What Ben and I have done is put together a package thats as straight bolt on and removes 95% of the restrictions present in the standard system. Each cylinder is fed by a 45mm air horn which is mounted in the base of a plenum. The plenum carries the standard DBW throttle body which is plenty big enough to flow way more power than you'll be making on an F4R with remotely standard internals.

At the moment all teams running to S2000 regs in BTCC, WTCC and Rally are using a very similar setup as S2000 regs dictate the use of a single throttle body. GM are currently generating getting on for 300bhp in the BTCC Vectra from a 2 litre, 11:1CR, 11mm valve lift, single throttle body fed engine which shows how much potential there is in a single throttle body setup if its designed and implemented correctly.

Cheers
M