ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Super Cup Lump

I love it when you talk techincal!

Was good to meet you at the RenaultSport meet by the way, I was the guy with beard and glasses talking to you and kev about your cup.

I suppose so ;-)

Anyone who wants to be on the waiting list PM me and we'll go from there. Would be useful actualy to gauge how large we need to make the first production batch.

I'm sure I can sort a few sneak peek pics out over the next couple of weeks for those on the waiting list as well.

Cheers
M

what valve lift does a stock clio run?

IRO 11.25mm inlet and 10.25mm exhaust - thats acceptable for GrpN anyway where you are supposed to run standard cams.

Gives you some idea how good the S2000 engines are doesn't it! Regs dictate you are allowed .25mm LESS lift than standard!

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

The only concern I have with running bigger cams than I already am on my plenum is the idle. Be ok??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As this is set-up for the FBW throttle, does that make it incompatible with the ph1 172?

M

mini-valver

Harrrrr, excellent. Cat better be right saying I'll be fine just running harder springs and hydro lifters instead of going solid on the 851's. Big old jump in lift at TDC.....

M

mini-valver

Will be puting some pistons in before I put new cams in dude. HC bottom end.

They'll be a version supporting cable throttle body but it will be a made to order job as there simply aren't enough cable body cars out there to do a 'run' of cable throttle body manifolds.

In short don't worry we can sort you out ;-)

Cheers
M

Exotica/MK1 Astra
Harrrrr, excellent. Cat better be right saying I'll be fine just running harder springs and hydro lifters instead of going solid on the 851's. Big old jump in lift at TDC.....

If you're going with a solid profile cams i'd consider the following in addition to piston clearance.

1) Spring rate sufficient for valve train acceleration, it's not lift you need to worry about but rate of lift (not running high rpm will help with this)
2) Sufficient clearance with new springs not to go coil bound, particularly if the base circle of the cam is increased
3) If going double springs do you need to change the seat to control the springs
4) Spring cap robust enough for increased rate and speed
5) Lighten the valve train where possible (light lifters, valves caps etc) Doesn't really add performance but adds reliability
6) Are you running 2 piece valves? some become fragile at higher accelerations and loads
7) You can convert hydraulic lifters to solids to keep costs down but you have the ball ache of shimming them, poor NVH, and keeping them shimmed up if you have a high usage of the engine
8) You should really be fitting new lifters if running in new cams anyway.
9) If your head hs been skimmed factor this into the equation when calculating piston clearance.

There are numerous other things and you can by all means go the suck it and see route but by doing a quick check on the above you can add confidence you won't have any major headaches but if the clearances look tight then dry build it and check it all before you bolt it all down and flick the key. Just obey the measure twice build once and not visa versa.
(pumping is always a possibility though with the std bucket)

M

mini-valver

I'd be running harder valve springs anyway dude, *think* they come with spring caps too. My Vaux ones did anyway! I reckon I'll be fine clearance wise with HC and decent valve pockets as the cams still arent THAT wild....

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
LOL, mini - just stick a f4r lump in there with boddies strapped on ( i know a fucked block thats for sale ;) )

or buy mats "uber cool" inlet and whack that on a f4r!

M

mini-valver

LOL! Acronyms dont suit me :eek:

Thought so, the site lists them for solid but pretty sure they'll run with the limiter at 8 fine on hydro's!

Simulations done, prototype in fabrication, BOM signed off, test engine built and engine and manifold in car end of month, mapped, validated and figures etc. published first week in March at which point the first batch goes into production. Those on the waiting list get first refusal for the first production batch.

Timescale is tight but at the moment we're looking pretty on target.

Cheers
M