ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new steering rack bushes, huge improvement.

clio 182 sport
ive got a creeking sort of noise mostly every time i turn right, could this be because i need new steering rack bushes?? if not does anyone know what this could be?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Could be any of the mounts or joints from that description TBH

Certainly worth checking the steering bushes though.

BG 182
How much ballache are these to do, compared to engine mounts arb bushes etc? And chip, would it be fine to use an stainless bolt as I lost the steel M8 from the kit, it's an a4-80 which iirc is roughly the same as an 8.8 in tensile strength?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
How much ballache are these to do, compared to engine mounts arb bushes etc? And chip, would it be fine to use an stainless bolt as I lost the steel M8 from the kit, it's an a4-80 which iirc is roughly the same as an 8.8 in tensile strength?
There not the nicest of jobs to do on your back and a lot easier if on a ramp. I did mine on my back and it took about an hour from start to finish, so that includes jacking it up and back down.
Stainless bolt will be fine as iirc the originals are only 8.8's anyway.