ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rims?!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This is how it sits on the existing Pro Race 1.2s.
IMAG1500.jpg

I've only had them 6 months and a friend has these hockenheims spare. Always had a soft spot for them.
IMAG1497.jpg

What are your opinions? Might look better 'shopped properly with the same wheels front and back with tyres but my MS Paint skills don't allow for that.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
What are the respective weights of the two wheels?
Are they both 15"? I would say there's probably a 2.5 - 3kg per corner weight difference, with the Pro Race being lighter.
I wouldn't swap for a heavier wheel personally.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What are the respective weights of the two wheels?
Are they both 15"? I would say there's probably a 2.5 - 3kg per corner weight difference, with the Pro Race being lighter.
I wouldn't swap for a heavier wheel personally.

I weighed them on the weekend, 0.5kg per wheel. Both sets are lighter than the standard F1s.

OZ F1 7.7kg
Hockenheims 7.2kg
Pro Race 6.7kg

is1

Integra Type R DC2
I weighed them on the weekend, 0.5kg per wheel. Both sets are lighter than the standard F1s.

OZ F1 7.7kg
Hockenheims 7.2kg
Pro Race 6.7kg

Not that much then.
That's interesting as I have data for 15 x 7 Hockenheims at 8.5 kg and the 15" Pro Race at 6.1 kg.
That would be quite a difference.

Also, OZ F1s have been weighed consistently at a fair bit more than 7.7 kg.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not that much then.
That's interesting as I have data for 15 x 7 Hockenheims at 8.5 kg and the 15" Pro Race at 6.1 kg.
That would be quite a difference.

Also, OZ F1s have been weighed consistently at a fair bit more than 7.7 kg.

If you have book figures they vary on offset, centre bore, number of studs and even the colour!

I used calibrated scales so I'd question other figures rather than my own.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
That's fair enough.
If you have accurate scales, the weights are what they are I suppose.
It's just that I would have expected the Pro Race to be a fair bit lighter as it's marketed as a lightweight wheel.
I'm pretty much torn between the two - I think they both look very motorsport.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The lightest pro race wheel is 73.1mm centre, 5 stud offset of ET45 and plain black. They're 6.2kg. I've got one less stud, an extra 10mm offset and they're silver so extra paint of top of the black.

I'm tempted to get some slicks on the Hockenheims...or maybe some cheap Rainsport 3 for road use and wet track days then keep the Pro Race for dry track use.

Ph 1 172
Those hockenhiems remind me of the 90's when everyone had tws venoms they look smart to be honest I like them