ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New oxygen sensor????

Peddled device
Car was at Renault for a suspension problem but they say they found a problem with the O2 sensor and changed it!

Never noticed anything wrong....what would a faulty one do?

14' Leon Cupra 280
Just had mine changed yesterday. Wouldn't really rev over 3/4k, exhaust sounded terrible, felt lumpy, nearly stalls at junctions etc..

Hasn't felt better since gettin it changed and now doing 38mpg, not 34mpg on same drive to work :)

pisses me off to no end when garages just change things without your consent, id ALWAYS ask for the old part

Im sure you could take it back and get them to put the old one back in and ask for the money back

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
they might have found a fault with the downstream sensor which wouldnt affect running at all.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
downstream wont cause any running issues but will still throw up the emmisions light after time i think?

upstream will cause issues, lumpy idle, flat spots when cold etc

Hi
which is the downstream sensor as you have 2 sensors is it the one near the engine or near the catalyst????

DMS

A thirsty 172
If it was changed under warranty I wouldn't worry about it. Something for nothing and all that...

Toyota Prius
Try to really check the previous oxygen sensor. It maybe needed a clean up. Or if you already have changed it, try to see if the oxygen sensor that you have is compatible. All throughout, try to observe and see things.