ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB.

BMW 440i
Tempted to start the '14 days' with Orange to sell my immaculate phone to them, but may leave it one more day!

Don't want to be without a phone and i'll be getting the iPhone 5 by an O2 contract upgrade rather than handset only again, so not sure how quick I will be able to get it!

BG 182
Dropped my 4 yesterday. Smashed the rear panel. Lol. Perfect timing.

Ordered a new rear panel yesterday. At least it wasn't the front glass. :eek:

Anyone want a 32GB 4? I'm re-listing it when the panel comes.

very lucky it wasnt the front. ive just ordered a complete front and back in white for the misses smashed 4, and a new rear for mine, this will give me 2 mint 4 16gb's to sell next week on the cheap, aslong as it covers my upgrade cost. I shall be upgrading my 2 contracts @ £45 per month. hopefully the phones wont be too expensive (16gb for the missus and 32gb for me) and hopefully i can get another 12 month contract. Wednesday is a big day!

Bus w**ker
I presumed as much. Is it wrong that I only read orange and green comments in this thread?

Yes, because they all read the same timelines and blogs as the rest of us you brown nosing toff knob jockey. <3

Mountune Tractor
It won't be any worse than the 4S and there is a good chance it will be a lot better. 0% risk factor for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think i'll go for Vodafone trade in. Quick and easy.

Evo 5 RS
I'll probably wait a month or two for the overheating and reception issues to work their way out. Pioneer buying is for foreigners and suckers...and occasionally me

ST
Out of contract so will be buying un-connected.. If I get 200-300£ for my current MINT cond' white 4S that'll do.

DB.

BMW 440i
When is the thread going up for the event, that's when you know an Apple launch is near! :eek:

Has a time been announced for the 12th yet?

LY 182
I'll probably wait a month or two for the overheating and reception issues to work their way out. Pioneer buying is for foreigners and suckers...and occasionally me

I think I'll be adopting a similar stance. Rushed to get my 4 on release day and got the model with the signal issue. (Although it's never really been an issue as such).

As I'll be looking to buy SIM free I'll be happy to hold fire and let the craze die down a bit before sorting myself out.

Bit of a mongy question regarding phone contracts possibly....

Right I got the iPhone 4 In May 2011 on a 24 month contract, therefore it's due in May 13. Do network providers offer 'early upgrades'? Can't believe they would only do me a 24 month contract, f**king stupid.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I think I'll be adopting a similar stance. Rushed to get my 4 on release day and got the model with the signal issue. (Although it's never really been an issue as such).

As I'll be looking to buy SIM free I'll be happy to hold fire and let the craze die down a bit before sorting myself out.

They haven't ever changed a design mid product cycle though? All they have done is software updates, which anyone can get, early adopter or not.

If you are going to get one you may aswell buy day one imo, it's not going to get any cheaper (the 4S new is still £500 from apple, like it was a year ago) and you get to maximise the amount of time you have the latest device.

LY 182
They haven't ever changed a design mid product cycle though? All they have done is software updates, which anyone can get, early adopter or not.

If you are going to get one you may aswell buy day one imo, it's not going to get any cheaper (the 4S new is still £500 from apple, like it was a year ago) and you get to maximise the amount of time you have the latest device.

The antenna issue on the first models was never fixed though, was it? I mean I'm perfectly capable of holding my phone in a position not to cause bother, but if I do put my finger over the area the signal does drop down a couple bars.

There's no rush for me to upgrade. Bar the dodgy home button on my 4 it still runs pretty smoothly. And given I barely use my phone I have no real urge to purchase the 5 immediately.

These comments are of course being said right now. I'm sure Apple will reveal something insane tomorrow that will prompt me to change my mind. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.