ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted too tbh.

Think I may apply Monday, giving me 14 days from then which should hopefully be long enough/just short of to get my new iPhone from an O2 upgrade.

That's another thing, I want to move to either T-Mobile or Vodafone for signal reasons, so if I do go for the new iPhone I don't know how to get in the first batch of orders with the networks, always bought from apple before. Don't want to be waiting a month for a new phone.

DB.

BMW 440i
O2 currently have an offer on simplicity for £20 with unlimited messages, minutes and 1GB data.

I'm currently paying £21.50 for unlimited messages, 900 minutes and 500mb.

At that price, it makes more sense for me to get the new simplicity deal (As I was going to get 1GB this time anyway as I often go over 500MB., then buy handset only as it works out cheaper in the long run!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm in contract until 2014 (ouch!).

Just set up a deal on Mazuma, never had problems with them and will send as soon as I get the new one.

DB.

BMW 440i
To save me doing the math, is this generally a cheaper long term option?

I've just done a 2 year calculation.

Simplicity
£20 x 24 months = £480
Upgrading from 16GB4S to 32GB iPhone5 = £300
Upgrading in a years time = £300.
Total = £1080

Contract
£36 x 24 months = £864
Upgrading from 16GB 4S to new Handset price = £130 SAVING. (Based on 32gb price currently on contract £170 and selling current 4S for £300)
Upgrading Handset in a years time = £300
Total = £1034

Had to put two years in as the contract runs for 2 years in order to compare. If you don't want to upgrade after 12 months, just knock the £300 off each.

Contract appears cheaper by £46, providing you don't pocket the £130 saving towards monthly bills and go on a messy night out with it)

Last edited:
  MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Giffgaff do 250minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data for £10 a month. So knock £240 off that Dave if you can live with 250 Minutes.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Yes. I have mine set up to automatically debit the £10 goody bag each month. I managed to work it out so it must be simple.

Fiesta ST-3
Sadly Giffgaff don't have 3G coverage in my area. So I've been looking at O2 and they have some pretty good sim only deals.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
giffgaff uses the o2 network. it is o2 apart form customer services.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Yeah revels, now you can get it to direct debit out your account every month like seb said.

DB.

BMW 440i
I'm a network snob anyway, f*ck a company called giffgaff.

O2 all the way. Really look after you when your at England Rugby games, they saved me about £50 last time I was at Twickenham, as well as a few freebies like 2 pints and a pie.

Fiesta ST-3
I'm a network snob anyway, f*ck a company called giffgaff.

O2 all the way. Really look after you when your at England Rugby games, they saved me about £50 last time I was at Twickenham, as well as a few freebies like 2 pints and a pie.

I'd rather they improved their coverage of 3G than waste money on free Pies. Hence I'm leaving.

306 GTI-6
Lolup, yeah all the priority moments etc can go whistle if the service is poor in the first place.

Like the 10 voucher for the thankyou for sticking with them when they couldnt keep the network working in summer. Can only be used in one of my local stores, cant be used against certain things, and the array of accessories in that particular store is terrible in the first place.

Will a £10 voucher make me stay come contract renewal time? No ta

Especially with the release of mobike numbers that happened end of 2011/start of 2012

DB.

BMW 440i
Hahahaha dave, 2 pints sounds worth the £120 ! It even says O2-UK on the iphone ;)

2 pints, a pie, £50 in savings on other bits like shirts etc ;)

I've been getting 900 minutes too, of which some months, when I've been away, i've used a good portion of.

Love the irony of going to all that trouble in an attempt to mock Apple fans. Especially then filling it with facts lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm glad my contract expired about 2 years ago. I've been rolling with my 3GS since new. Now on a simple top up £10 every month and get unlimited texts and calls.

Will use the same on the i5, buy it outright. I hope it's possible to change my number over to the new style sim. Don't think it will be a problem but a few guys claim it's not as easy as it once was and they prefer you to stick with the new number you receive.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i5 is a processor. You'll have a fair bit of trouble making calls and texts on one of those.

This one is a prototype apparently. Does all those calls and sh*t, too.

I'll send you a text when I get it later on this morning. ;)

Bus w**ker
Just read that the sale date is said to be the 21st September for Apple and the 22nd for everywhere else...my Friday will be even less productive than normal if it's true.

Just read that the sale date is said to be the 21st September for Apple and the 22nd for everywhere else...my Friday will be even less productive than normal if it's true.

Where?

Forgot who I was talking to, sorry.

Where, you knobber. x

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Dropped my 4 yesterday. Smashed the rear panel. Lol. Perfect timing.

Ordered a new rear panel yesterday. At least it wasn't the front glass. :eek:

Anyone want a 32GB 4? I'm re-listing it when the panel comes.

Fucked if I can remember where now, think it was a link from Gizmodo's Twitter feed. Obviously it's nothing official, cockbreath. X

Bellend.

I presumed as much. Is it wrong that I only read orange and green comments in this thread?

Audi A3
Is GiffGaff just direct debit? It says on their website about topping up..

no direct debit and you dont 'top up'

you buy a 'goody bag' which gives you your choice of minutes/texts/data.

you can then set up your account to automatically buy a goodybag when one runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.