ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio broke down - what route to take

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hi guys, my DCi has broke down just wondering what way i should go about getting it recovered, do i phone renault assistance and i assume they tow it to my nearest dealer or do i phone my usual dealer and they arange pickup?

never had to deal with this on a car under warranty.

cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How much AA/assistance do they give nowadays?

When I left Renault, they only gave 12 months on brand new cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Standard Renault.

I had a customer with a 04 plate 2.0 petrol Megane and within the first three months of them owning it, came back into the dealership 17 times.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i can deal with it developing problems, what i cant deal with is the dealers, this is the 5th time in 3 weeks on a car that has been sound for 10 months and 19k miles until they have had their grubby mitts on it! they mess me about, its never ready at the time they say it will, they do sub standard work. nightmare!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Martin didn't you comment that they were reliable in the other thread? Or something to that fact.

Maybe it was the diesel thread.

Skoda fabia Vrs
That's why a sold ma twingo. Dealers are ridiculous honestly. In Scotland anyway!!

I got 2 years breakdown with them.

320d
Is it me or do you hear of new cars going wrong just as much as older cars? Or do people just complain about it more because its new and are more fussy (rightly) about little niggles.

You don't hear of many older cars going in a garage 17 times in 3 months for example.

Is it me or do you hear of new cars going wrong just as much as older cars? Or do people just complain about it more because its new and are more fussy (rightly) about little niggles.

You don't hear of many older cars going in a garage 17 times in 3 months for example.

i think new cars are designed to have niggly problems to keep the dealers in work

or car makers are cutting corners tbh i expect its both

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
is it a 1.5dci? clio 3?

Have a look in the fan from under the bonnet see if anything is sticking in there that shouldn't be ;)

Clio sport 182
Thought these mk3 were bullet proof hope you reconnected the maf sensor or they might use that against you !

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Martin didn't you comment that they were reliable in the other thread? Or something to that fact.

Maybe it was the diesel thread.

yep its been bullet proof until it got serviced 3 weeks ago and been never ending problems since they forgot to fit the boost pressure sensor back on and it ended up getting chopped up by the radiator fan!

is it a 1.5dci? clio 3?

Have a look in the fan from under the bonnet see if anything is sticking in there that shouldn't be ;)

was that related to what ive previously said or have you had the same problem in the past? lol

Thought these mk3 were bullet proof hope you reconnected the maf sensor or they might use that against you !

haha maf sensor has been on it since it got serviced not had the time to take the car apart to get it back off lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
didnt you say that the boost pressure regulator was leftn hanging/hitting the fan?

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
Yeah thats what I was going for the old boost pressure sensor in the fan, we see no end of them when they've been serviced outside the network.

Next question is have they repaired it properly

Megane dci 130
Common thing the boost pressure solenoid valve in the fan. Rips the sh1t out of the pipes. Check there first.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the 2 local dealerships are that bad that after 6 renaults i doubt ill buy another, shame really as i like the cars! sales are a disgrace and the monkeys servicing are worse. infact monkeys is being polite

New cars reliability wise are so bad now IMO from what ive heard from friends cars etc. Might aswell call them Disposable cars ! Also the so called mechanics are just tought to "fit" things, not diagnose it!