ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car time... VTS content

Motorbikes
Having sold the MX5 a couple of months ago, I've been running about in my Mums Polo, which to be fair, has been a lot of fun. So I've been looking for a wee hot hatch to get next....

Spotted this a week or so ago on gumtree so spoke to the guy on the phone and arranged to go and see it. After having a wee look around and firing her up, I heard a whirring noise that sounded a bit like an input shaft bearing (that I'd heard on every Saxo I'd looked at) but the seller was adamant it was only a thrust bearing as it went away when the clutch was disengaged. He said he was willing to replace this for me but I wasn't convinced. I left it at that and he went and fitted the bearing anyway, got back in touch with him a few days later and he'd already had the work done and all was good. Got it home tonight and I love it.

Important details are... 02 reg, 71k miles, full history minus a couple of MOT certs, overall in very good condition and completely standard.

5952187532_c7220f664e_z.jpg

5952188148_1901bef304_z.jpg

5952228170_ecf5be6c2a_z.jpg

5951674887_63a9c57636_z.jpg

All that needs done now is cambelt, water pump and a couple of tyres.
Other plans include.... no mods, just driving the way it was meant to be!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tidy example dude. I did like your mx5 though.

Motorbikes
Not driven it yet as wasnt expecting to take it home today so dad drove it as I had no insurance arranged :(

Last edited:
  320d
Fair enough. I was tempted by one of these for some cheap fun but went for an mx5 instead. Be interested to hear a comparison between the two as they're obviously completely different.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Most fun hot hatch ever imho. Preferable even to the 205 gti.

Looks a very nice example, might i suggest Bilstein B8's/Faulkner 155lb -35mm springs, Raceland 4-2-1 manifold & induction kit, a SaxSport exhaust & Gti6 brakes if you ever do decide to play with it. Nothing more needed.

120d M Sport
Seems like loads of people are going for VTS/GTI's lately, so much fun to be had in them. That looks like a really nice example.

I'm in the same camp as you, I love how mine drives standard and am reluctant to mod my GTI.

320d
id rather have 106 rallye, and if i wanted it to go faster id gti it

Paying a scene tax then though. Plus all the hassle of an engine conversion etc. I'm not saying it won't be a better drive but for the extra expense and hassle I can see a VTS a nice compromise.

clio 182 sport
thats nice m8 like saxos had two vtrs in the past you very reraly see a nice one that hasnt been messed with enjoy.

gdw

RS Clio 172
Very nice indeed, I still have my VTS just don't use it. I only done some subtle mods mind.

IMG1m_a9772cd.jpg

Motorbikes
Where do I get that sticker?

I like how mine still has dealer supplied keyrings and dealer window sticker :D