ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brake set up.

clio trophy No56
Just looking for a how to guide on fitting new brakes on a Clio Trophy.

Brembo max fronts.
Standard rears.
New pads front and rear. (Red stuff for now, till i get some extra cash).
KTR braided lines.

Basically i just want to know what tools are needed for removing / re-fitting the disks?
What is involved in fitting the braided lines??

Hopefully i will get delivery of them by the end of the week :).

Cheers
Scott

clio trophy No56
Pay your tenner and become a member. Loads of useful threads in guides section.

Would love to but the trouble is every penney i have is going into paying for the brakes and i wont have any spare cash till next week, but im getting the brakes this week and obviously want to fit them straight away so.....
Cheers for the help though, ;):rasp:

clio trophy No56
Its only a tenner, pay up, trust me, we all have, and it is well worth it ;)

Do u work for CS, lol.
OK someone give me a write up on how to replace the disks, pads, lines and bleed the brakes and i will pay my tenner on Friday, ;). I think £350 in one week for my car is enough, ;):rasp:.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
No mate, i am just a normal Cliosport member, what makes you think that?

Sounds like you got a plan though. :)

Iceberg Ph1
Its only a tenner, pay up, trust me, we all have, and it is well worth it ;)

+1

This is an awesome site! The tenner has probably already saved me £££ in doing things myself, including the brakes!

(the welcome pack ain't so bad either :rasp:)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I am still waiting for my welcome pack to turn up, cant wait to get the CS sticker in the window :)

Will also give me a excuse to clean it!

Iceberg Ph1
Haha.. I think the postal strike (if its still in force) ain't helping.. I'm still waiting on my new insurance papers from about 2 weeks ago :S

Pull ya finger out Royal Mail!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Dont you mean Royal Fail?

I paid up about a week ago so not really sure when to be expecting my memberpack, just looking forward to it :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Great :) - i found a post the other night saying how there could be a 28day delay? not sure if it was an old post or not though as i cant remember and cant seem to find it now :(

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Do u work for CS, lol.
OK someone give me a write up on how to replace the disks, pads, lines and bleed the brakes and i will pay my tenner on Friday, ;). I think £350 in one week for my car is enough, ;):rasp:.

Did you buy all the parts or just the lines from Ktec? If you did you've owned yourself by not being a member.

Cliosport membership = £10
£350 x 5% Cliosport discount = £17.50

You out of pocket with no guides = £7.50

;)

clio trophy No56
Did you buy all the parts or just the lines from Ktec? If you did you've owned yourself by not being a member.

Cliosport membership = £10
£350 x 5% Cliosport discount = £17.50

You out of pocket with no guides = £7.50

;)

I did get all the parts from k-tec, came to £330, with discount.

PH1 172 Sport
I would personally send the red stuff pads back as they eat disks for breakfast.

Also if you were a member you could have got the Brembo Max Disks and Ferodo Racing DS2500 pads for £189 from the traders section and braided lines for £45 in the group buy.

So stop being a cheapskate and become a member!!

Da

Less
Lol, no one is going to give you a write up on how to do the brakes when we all have to pay for the privilege ;)

Surely £10 would be a wise investment for the guides alone? :S