ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 cup member, Nottingham

Clio 172 + 172 cup
Hi All,
New member here in Nottingham. I picked up a 172 cup earlier in the year for use on track days. Engine and gearbox are standard, the interior has been partially stripped with bucket seats / harnesses / non airbag wheel fitted. After a test at Blyton Park to confirm that nothing fell off I'm starting a few more mods.

K-tec engine / gearbox dogbone mount
Remove airbag system
Remove some more interior trim
Improve front brake cooling
Whiteline rear ARB

Some wheels with slicks should be arriving today, I'm going to clean up the wheels and run these at the next track day to see how it goes.

The paintwork was in a terrible state, I have started by polishing the bonnet which now looks a whole lot better, I'll post some piccies when I get a photobucket account set up....
Currently part way through the gearbox top mount change, finishing it tonight :D

I hope to post a few updates on here and hopefully soak up some knowledge from you guys in the future.

MC

Clio 172 + 172 cup
Shiny bonnet...

1264698_10151850683041952_1433534489_o.jpg

Clio 172 + 172 cup
Don't worry, nothing to do with the WB CC, in fact I hardly get to go out on it these days, too busy playing with cars :)

MC

Clio 172 + 172 cup
The bonnet has been changed at some point, I am also pretty sure it has had some light front accident damage but have yet to get all the details. Suspension isn't standard but I don't have all the details of that yet either. I'm on a bit of a learning curve.

IMG_15721_zpsed808901.jpg

MC

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Don't let on who you work for, they'll be asking you for your employee discounts ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If its the company written in the rear window he can come round and finish off wiring my dash up for me if he gets bored, lol.

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I'll let him know :) I work on the technical side, so if you ever get stuck on anything feel free to PM me. If Lorne doesn't know he asks me...

MC

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I will if I can. I think the next one is Sunday 29th near Newark. I'm going to see a mate near Manchester for the weekend but I'll try to call in on my way back, it will be early though, I'll probably be there for six just to say 'hi' and be gone by 6:30.

MC

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not sure many people will be there bang on 6pm, last time most folk turned up a little after, so I would hate you to have a wasted journey, but hopefully a few of us will be there already by then.