ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Z3M Coupe

Its back!

DSC00371.jpg

I'm incredibly happy with the bodywork/paintwork. All the gaps are **** on, and the paint is a dead-on match. I only realised they hadn't also painted the bonnet when I found some old stone chips still evident, the match from the bonnet/boot to the wings and doors is seamless.

The wheels however are all wrong. I was told this was going to happen some weeks back as apparently getting them the correct finish would have pushed it into a total loss. I've known all along it was going to a close-run thing to get it repaired rather than written off. By my own maths there will have been over £3k alone just in new panels before any paint, labour, trim or glass.

They have been refurbed quite well, the finish is just not the same as oem, so I have a man lined up who will powder coat them in the correct finish.

e91 330d/type r mini
glad its all back and fixed and your all happy,best way to tell if the colour is off on red is by going into a petrol station with artificial light at night and it will stand out like you wouldnt believe.
my friend has an eisenman race exhaust on a m3 evo trackcar and it sounds frickin awesome and if yours sounds anthing like that you will not be disapointed :)
great news on you getting it back on the road and not let it end up in a breakers yard somewhere :)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
glad its all back and fixed and your all happy,best way to tell if the colour is off on red is by going into a petrol station with artificial light at night and it will stand out like you wouldnt believe.
my friend has an eisenman race exhaust on a m3 evo trackcar and it sounds frickin awesome and if yours sounds anthing like that you will not be disapointed :)
great news on you getting it back on the road and not let it end up in a breakers yard somewhere :)

Even a street light at night will do the same thing.

Eisenmann race is now on. Sounds awesome, not too loud day-to-day either which I was worried about.

Also took the car down to Evolve in Luton for a remap. Happy with the results, gained a good 11bhp in most of the rev range above 5k with similar gains in torque. The car now feels even livelier when you wind the revs on. According to the boys at Evolve it wasn't making the power up top it should be due to the open ITG filter I was running. I've gone back to the Simota which is what they see the best gains from.

Other minor changes include new front grilles, as the old ones were damaged at some point. Replaced the tired side m badges with new ones. Also took a trip to BMW and spent a fortune on a new intake boot as the old one had a slight defect, as well as a new headlight dimmer switch rheostat as the old one was knackered and didnt dim properly. It bugged me so I ordered a new one and I'm happy to report the switch now dims the dash lights as it should.

A few pictures from today:
DSC00384.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Glad to see this back on the road. Hero car and sweet sounding exhast! Any chance of a vid with the Simota and ​exhaust?

S4 Avant
Nice to see it back looking straight again! Followed one through the drive thru the other night, and while I was practically orgasming, my mate didnt have a clue what it was.

Must catch a few people out who aren't aware?

Really appreciate the comments as always guys.

Hope to get a video of the exhaust/simota combo soon.

Lovely! How was the repair job?

Really pleased with the work. The match is seamless, which was my big worry before getting it back.

Nice to see it back looking straight again! Followed one through the drive thru the other night, and while I was practically orgasming, my mate didnt have a clue what it was.

Must catch a few people out who aren't aware?

Thanks man! I'm not really one for racing people but it certainly turns heads. Most people seem to have a 'what the hell is that' look on their face.

Did evolve really tell you that the simota gains power?!!

Knew that would get you!

I could see it with my own eyes on the dyno computer. The open filter was getting really hot up at the top end, so the car was getting really rich and not making the power it should. Hotter, less dense air meant the car was throwing even more fuel at the situation trying to make the power. The dyno graph peels away at the top end as things get too rich.

I'm waiting on a certain part for my simota, then i'll pop down to Paul at RS Tuning and see if what they are claiming is true.

Turbos.
Looks great, and the exhaust sounds fantastic. I'd go back to the chrome front grills though; they now look out of place and it has been over done by the bad bois.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Haha Tom...

I think the standard airbox will out perform the Simota.

Did evolve let you have the graph, if so post it up!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Ha I didn't want to mention that bit.

I still remember that graph from that RR day where a E36 Evo made 334. Ambient temp was 7 degreed and Intake temp was 58 degrees lol....

I'll pop the graph up when i get chance.

i would throw the standard box back on but im a total ***** for the noise! i might have to go to rs tuning and do a back to back run with the standard box and simota.

e91 330d/type r mini
my simota on my e46 m3 LOST 40bhp on rs tunings dyno lol it dropped to 275bhp, needles to say it was instantly removed and returned back to standard whilst on the dyno and ran 325again in stock form.

paul gained me 16bhp on my m3 when he remapped it, he wanted to spend some time seeing what he could get out of it after i told him the wonderfull claims that evolve were getting.

i would be interested to see what yours will run on rs tunings dyno compared to evolves dyno as they do have the same dyno.

never the less your doing a cracking job with this car but dont be taken in by all the hype you hear on the internet ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That looks bloody fantastic, such an awesome looking car and the exhaust finises it off nicely. Agree on the grilles though.

I love the fact it's a proper enthusiasts motor, the sort of car I'll rubber neck at whilst the mrs says "that looks weird".