ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My VTEC Mini - build diary

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
getting there mate, im sure we will be finished around the same time, then we will have to have a meet :) currently got the head off of mine after my poor dyn sesion :( will be back up and running soon.
i know you said you havent driven yours yet, well let me tell you if it was anything like mine your in for a treat as i was gobsmacked and mines only a baby in comparioson to yours, enjoy :)

Hopefully should have it road legal beginning of August! but Ive lost count how many times Ive said something like that then years later still been working on it! :-D

Heard about the foreign body finding its way into your head!... still pretty impressive figures considering!... looks like the bike carbs have proven a good investment!!

I honestly cannot wait to drive mine!..

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Well Ive not been on here for ages now after getting rid of the clio.... The mini is now 95% complete.. Here are a few pics for you guys who have been following my build.

IMG_0127.jpg

Minihome3.jpg

Minihome.jpg

Minihome2.jpg

Minihome4.jpg

Oh - and my new motor too! :-D

Thanks
Chris

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Brilliant work mate. Love the attention to detail, every single part of it has been thought about.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Thank again.... yeah the RS is mine and it is standard!!... I rekon they are pretty equally matched upto 100, but because of the small wheels the mini runs out off puff!!.. so a better suited Final Drive is next on the shopping list!.. :)

I took the mini for a little blast last night, it certainly lifts its skirt up!.. its taken a fair bit of setting up to overcome a massive amount of bump / torque steer.. but we are just about there now!!..

Not sure on mini badge, saw in on the bay and noticed that the letters were exactly the same style as the type R badge...

Cheers again!
C

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Here is a little vid I put together before it was road legal so unfortunately there isnt any on road shots.... soon will be though! :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
  Phase 2 172 Sport
Very nice mate, get some moving shot's now !! I can imagine the power to weight of this little animal must be immense to drive !!

Awesome build, love a good Mini conversion. Would love to stick a 16V lump of some sort in mine when I could afford it!

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Awesome, whats it like handling wise? Compared to say my standard roundnose with 12's? to much power and torque for the wheels?

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Cheers lads!...

It really is extremely lively and requires a lot of concentration just to keep it road bound!. Its great when pootling around but soon as you open it up it wants to bite! It's more the gearing issues at the minute!.. with it being the Integra Type R close ratio box its far too short, which results in immediate power so lots of wheelspin its a nightmare on the motorway too, 70 mph and my drums are bleeding!!.. so yeah, at present I would say that it's not setup properly!.. so with strong intentions to get a better suited FD for it I'm sure I will see improvements, as well as a corner weight and suspension/wheel geometry set up!..

C

e91 330d/type r mini
what a shed ;)

just for the vtec appreciaters lets double there pleasure :)

616d876c.jpg

b7a7b697.jpg

89993dd9.jpg

now you just need to bloody use the thing :)

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Ha ha ha ha Wade!!..:cool:

Go on then!..

Wades02.jpg

Wades01-1.jpg

Wades03.jpg

A few pics of it BEING USED!!.. :rasp:

Garforth.jpg

Hill_01.jpg

Hill_02.jpg

...and one of the FRS!

FRS-1.jpg

Cheers for the positive feedback peeps!... :D

C

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I just simply want that Mini Type R, it's the coolest car i've seen in a long time.

I'm now 100% certain i'm going to build my own Mini, I just need to learn how the hell to do it. lol :eek: