ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New VXR8

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Very nice, I was chatting to someone with an identical one and he was telling me he puts £160 a week of fuel in :eek:penmouth:

I think he uses it a lot but still

RB Clio 182
Love it, needs cams for that NASCAR sound though. :wink:

He works round the corner from me, i tried to race him before my clio was turbo'd down the bypass, he was at the bottom when my 5k kick kicked in :smiley:

690hp the last i heard of it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Little reaction after owning a couple of days.

1) It's thirsty around town but on a run it's probably better on juice than my Volvo!

2) The noise is epic. I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

3) Cabin is a lovely place to be. The rear seats are huge which is great for the kids. The boot is massive which is great for smuggling the kids into flamingo land.

4) The auto box is really growing on me! Such a lovely cruiser with the box and really does go when you put your foot down!

Thanks for all the nice comments as well. Definitely one of my popular purchases.

Leon Cupra 300
I used to feel the same about autos but I've really changed my opinion of them now.

Does it run locked all the time?

My XFR one is the first that is locked all the time even from low revs in high gears.. soo much better and efficient than the older generation stuff.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Ooft it loved a good tickle. Ace car mate.
20161004_184015.jpg
20161004_183958.jpg

That is awesome....... and the sound!! :cool::cool:
I'm just the same with auto's, a few years ago it's the last thing I wanted but now, and what with driving a lot of automatic's at work, my opinion has completely changed - just sooo much easier when stuck in traffic etc etc

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Autos are the future. I've been late for work 3 out of 4 times this week because of traffic jams and my left leg is f**king killing me now! If I'm forced into an auto for my daily it better look as mean as this beast.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Saw one of these last night, It was the company car for 'Eden motorsport' who I assume tune these! Sounded lovely!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Update on ththe vxr8. I got a noise from the belts, similar to a chirping sound! Had a look at the engine and poured water on the aux belt and then noise stopped. While checking I noticed that the bottom crank pulley was wobbling. A google search indicates that this is a problem with the vxr8. I rang Vauxhall for the part and they informed me the part cost....

Wait for it........

£750 plus vat for the part!

Luckily, monkfish performance do the same non gm part for £180 so I'll be going down that route. Unfortunately, they don't know when they will be getting any in so the car will be parked up for a while until they get stock.