ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Iliad v6

Clio with a body kit
cheers mate. Being sort of local Iv seen you post a lot so was good to meet you at CSS. I'll get out to one of these area meets at some point.

Clio with a body kit
Alignment has been done. The track rod end and rear toe adjuster arrived quite quickly. Apparently the alignment was a long way out so I'm hoping the car feels transformed when I get out for a good drive.
Whilst there I got them to service the car using Renault parts and carried out little strip and clean of the brakes.
image.jpg

Rs 200
Just been reading your thread Dan, newbie to the Renault scene mostly been Jdm.
However looking at the V6 that's looking mint are these quite rare now as I never see them on the roads.

Clio with a body kit
Just been reading your thread Dan, newbie to the Renault scene mostly been Jdm.
However looking at the V6 that's looking mint are these quite rare now as I never see them on the roads.

They are a rare sight on the road mate. A matter of fact Iv never seen one on the road other than ones Iv been travelling with!

Mine are phase 2's who's I believe there was around 350 brought to the UK ( so never really that common a sight) how many left is now showing 146 licensed and 89 sorn.

I think there's even less phase 1's and they can be even harder to find a minter.
image.jpg

I've never sorn'd mine. I use it all year round (apart from in the snow & really wet weather) I've only even seen about three others on the road too. One when I was in mine (the dude had a black phase2) and a couple of others when I've been on foot.

Clio with a body kit
@cat171 Mine are road legal all year. Taxed and insured for 12months I am very selective over when I'll use them in winter but I honestly think parking them up for 6 months doesn't do cars any good and want to keep things moving. I know of a couple in my area but never actually seen either on the road.
Iv travelled with Stevo a few times and it's a great car to follow and there's not a car pass that doesn't look at it. His makes my normal vee blend in and the noise it made coming through the dartford tunnel:hearteyes:
image.jpg

Clio with a body kit
Progress is quite slow. Iv purchased some new wheel valves from Renault parts direct ready for the wheel refurb when I organise it. Also some chrome effect valve caps to get rid of the black plastic ones.

image.jpg

A part from that Iv just been using it and enjoying it. I went to snetterton for a show/meet thing on Wednesday night and it was the first time Iv driven a vee in very heavy rain. I was very careful to say the least!

image.jpg

Iv had the rear bumper of tonight to check why it didn't quite sit correctly. The reason seems to be that there is no fixings in it!

I'm unsure wether who ever fitted the exhaust for the last owner lost them all or what's happened but hopefully I can source them and get it fixed a lot more securely. I knew it wasn't on properly as when I washed it if flexed a lot more than my other car.

Whilst it's of I'll give it a good clean this week while I try to source the bits.

image.jpg

Driving it in heavy rain sure scares the crap out of me, mucho butt clenching on the go! Usually I tend to be in the slow lane when it's chucking it down.

Who are you taking the wheels to ?

Clio with a body kit
I aquaplaned at one point which was very scary. Wasn't going overly fast either. I did slow down further and moved towards the inside!

Iv not spoken to anyone about painting the wheels yet as I want to collect all the bits. Only need new tyres now (until the centre caps get removed and fall to bits) but I think I'll try taking them to B A Wheels in Norwich. It's about an hour from me but comes highly recommended by other enthusiasts in the area and his work looks great in pictures.

Clio with a body kit
Not much happened recently on this. Managed to get some original mats fitted. I think less is more and the plain design looks neat.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Iv got 20 new wheel bolts in the correct size with 19mm heads for when the wheels get refurbed. Which won't happen until next year now along with any paint work.

When I put the back bumper on I used fixings and it lined up perfectly (when I removed it I discovered there was no more than a self tapper holding the bumper on the sides under the lights.)
I'm still waiting for the little inner arch piece of plastic to arrive from France. There was no due date when I ordered it and it's been 2 weeks so hopefully won't be much longer!

Today Iv had new michelin pilot super sports fitted 205/40/r18 to the front and had some new number plates have arrived as the others are a little grubby.
image.jpeg

I had the other one out of the garage when I was fitting the bumper back on so grabbed a quick pic of them together!
image.jpeg

Clio with a body kit
Which one is your favourite?

The technical grey without a doubt. I'm 99% sure it's the one I'll keep if one goes. Even tho it was once a damaged car Steve that rebuilt it did an amazing job. everything about it feels right and I'd value it equal £'s to the blue one where others probably wouldn't.
It has a few oem+ upgrades as well different seats, steering wheel, clear engine cover and some alcantara in the cabin. Iv also just bought some spacers to get the wheels sitting out perfect.
It's just a nicer place to sit where as the Illiad is standard bar an air filter and exhaust and currently not quite what I'd class as show condition. (Hopefully will be soon!) although it does feel faster!

Colour alone I'd keep the technical grey. You're so lucky to have two! I'm sure you've earned them both the hard way, but you're still a lucky bugger! Haha.

Does the technical grey really change as much with the light as some of the previous photos posted to the forum suggest?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I have a love hate with technical grey - sometimes it's a stand out colour, other times it just looks like plain old silver!

Clio with a body kit
I have a love hate with technical grey - sometimes it's a stand out colour, other times it just looks like plain old silver!

I have to disagree with this. I'm not sure it's ever a stand out colour!
I'm not saying it's a bad colour, it's just very subtle, I think I read somewhere it was labelled the 'thinking mans liquid yellow'

Clio with a body kit
Colour alone I'd keep the technical grey. You're so lucky to have two! I'm sure you've earned them both the hard way, but you're still a lucky bugger! Haha.

Does the technical grey really change as much with the light as some of the previous photos posted to the forum suggest?

Cheers mate.
It's colour changes are subtle as I said above and it's really hard to catch it. Some days it will look like a light blue then silver and sometimes grey.
image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thank god you replaced the bonnet catch :up:, i was just about to give you lots of abuse. 😂

Clio with a body kit
How much was the bonnet catch ? do you know the part code dude ?

Ps, I thought it was silver! Didn't clock on that it was technical grey!

It was around £35 from Paul at rpd. Plenty of cheaper alternatives on the bay but didn't think it was something to mess with.

The bonnet catch I ordered was 8200069296
I'm unsure of phase 1 & 2 are the same. The sound of shutting the bonnet with a brand new catch is strangely satisfying!

P.s. When are you going to put your own thread up on your car?!?

Clio with a body kit
Awesome

Clio v6 are ftw

Im still in awe at my dads mk2 mars red one

Does he let you drive it?
There was a Mars red popped up cheap when I was saving for the first time. I couldn't sort out my money in time and it was snapped up in hours. From memory it was £13500 and on around 35k miles.

It was around £35 from Paul at rpd. Plenty of cheaper alternatives on the bay but didn't think it was something to mess with.

The bonnet catch I ordered was 8200069296
I'm unsure of phase 1 & 2 are the same. The sound of shutting the bonnet with a brand new catch is strangely satisfying!

P.s. When are you going to put your own thread up on your car?!?
Cheers, mine has had one but it needs a tidy up :( I'll see about that. If not, new one here I come.

Dunno yet mate, next year at some point ;)

There was a Mars red popped up cheap when I was saving for the first time. I couldn't sort out my money in time and it was snapped up in hours. From memory it was £13500 and on around 35k miles.
That is dirt cheap! I remember 'rev it up' something like that, had a red one in for that sort of price years ago on PH, Subway off here's mate bought it, I went out in it before I got my Phase 1.

Clio with a body kit
Dunno yet mate, next year at some point :wink:

Look forward to it. Are you trying to get the car perfect before you put any pictures up?!

That is dirt cheap! I remember 'rev it up' something like that, had a red one in for that sort of price years ago on PH, Subway off here's mate bought it, I went out in it before I got my Phase 1.

It was cheap and that's why it sold so quick. Literally hours and I think that there was a few potential buyers if the first fell through.
The rev it up car sounds familiar. I can remember whist saving searching for hours on end through every advert and car that was for sale and previously sold that I could find.

Clio with a body kit
image.jpeg

Back on track.
The inner arch piece arrived from France last week. Will be fitted when I get chance. Hopefully this coming weekend. Had to buy all new fixings with it for both sides as old ones were sized solid and chose to get a new number plate light at the same time. Should make the arse of the car look brand new.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah i have driven it a few times, he has put it in his will to me..