ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTI-6 P1

Homo spec mazda
Y
F**king deadly serious. I loved everything about that drive - the noise mostly! But the Steering feel, gearbox, throttle sensitivity... and Oh god the seating position!
It's like driving around in a pantomime - hilarious!

<3 tbh

Well explained!

Edition 30
I'd take that, yeah ;). How many miles, How much etc?

P.S Want a 306?

No 306 for me mate! Still got the Clio.

111k in the clock. £1000 takes it.

3ee444f9.jpg

If the body is in good shape I don't mind paying a bit over, but there's no way I'm paying 2 grand for a 17 year old car with 111k on the clock, no matter how good it is...
I'll see if they'll budge anyway, if not its no big deal tbh.
Plus I can't afford that anyway. Not at the moment.

Wee little update - New passenger indicator arrived today, so I got that swiftly fitted; I now have matching indicators. Exciting, I know.
Also used up the rest of the LaminX that I had lying around and did the dipped beams too, not sure if I like, but I don't really care anymore.

7268702220_ca9b8f4665_c.jpg

DSC_1448 by j0eyD, on Flickr

24 watchers on eBay and 2 offers, both well below what I want. Just going to wait it out and find someone who actually wants a P1 GTI-6 and not just a shed, I guess.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
car looks great buddy,cant believe someone hasnt snapped it up tbh!
i was after one of these before i got my 172,but they were all sheds.
id have deffo had yours if it had been up for grabs.
good luck with the sale pal.

Thank you very much sir!
They've all just wanting a little bit too much off the asking price, which is fair enough - I'm aiming at a very niche market I guess.
I've said it before, but it's mental that what was regarded by some as the best hot hatch of the 1990's is now worth about £700 tops apparently... But that's the car market at the moment I guess!

Someone will fall in love with it... I'm sure!

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
thats exactly why i was after one mate.
rated as one of if not the best pound for pound hot hatch of its time
very highly rated by evo magazine,which is what put me onto them in the first place.

every one i went to look at,advertised as "mint" were scratched and dented to fook!
yours looks superb.

I'll not lie, mine is very of it's age in terms of condition - but I feel I've priced it accordingly and stated it clearly enough in the advert. There are quite a lot of stonechips around the front end (So it's obviously been driven properly!) and some very small patches of rust here and there, but mechanically it's absolutely sound once you've got used to the clutch.
And to be fair, the paint around the car is very, very good other than the few small blemishes. It's obviously been paint corrected and cleaned properly in the past year or so (half of which I've owned it - and I take very good care of the paint). Super Resin Polish and Collinite 476 looks incredible on it! I just wish someone would actually give it a chance and come see it in person...

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
cant believe it hasnt sold on pistonheads mate.
ive sold or swapped cars for bikes,bikes for cars ect
bought my fireblade off there,rode it for year,costing me 1 back tyre
and sold it for £300 more than i paid for it.

have you advertised it for sale or p/x for whatever your fancying next?
i always put that in the ad,and everytime ive done a swap,
saved both partys messing around and looking for their next car/bike too.

cant go wrong with a gti-6 for that money in that nick imo.
if i had the cash id have it bud,but new baby has put paid these things for now :dapprove:
hang in there,just takes someone who deffo wants one of these and knows what he's looking at and itll go.

Yeah, I clearly stated what I'm after next.
I keep thinking I could go on with it and do what I wanted to do to it in the first place, but I'm still not sure I'd be left with something I'm happy with.. but just looking at it tonight and driving it made me remember what a great car it is, so I'm definitely not going to let it go for silly money, regardless!

This has gone to .GAZ. now. There was actually quite a bit wrong with it that I hadn't spotted (a corroded brake line & gearbox issue most worryingly!) so just wanted to give a massive thanks for not running a mile and making me fall asleep driving it back home! LOL.
There was a good bit of Scottish haggling and the offer made was too good to turn up, given my circumstances have changed somewhat...
But anyway, best of luck with it mate, I am genuinely sad to see it go :(
Onwards & upwards!

Hell yes Rhys!
Had a bit of bad news about my job yesterday, but I still need a car really. So yeah, not the most ideal time to change cars, but its happening.

IMAG0150.jpg

Last time I saw it!
Sounded a lot louder than I thought it was...

P.S. Toby, I'll speak to you tonight mate - my phones about dead!

I can't text you Rhys, I only gave you my number! Lol.
Basically, due to my previous boss not being able to fax a reference through, I might not have a job after tomorrow morning. So, pretty s**t, yeah!

That's properly s**t!

Hopefully that doesn't happen pal, fingers crossed and I'm sure you'll find another job either way.

Tell me about it! Two days notice too ffs.
Ah well, worst comes to worst Smiths can do me a good reference for another job, so that's something.
If I've still got my job tomorrow afternoon HSD's are getting ordered right away. Deadly SRS.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
This has gone to .GAZ. now. There was actually quite a bit wrong with it that I hadn't spotted (a corroded brake line & gearbox issue most worryingly!) so just wanted to give a massive thanks for not running a mile and making me fall asleep driving it back home! LOL.
There was a good bit of Scottish haggling and the offer made was too good to turn up, given my circumstances have changed somewhat...
But anyway, best of luck with it mate, I am genuinely sad to see it go :(
Onwards & upwards!
Pleasure to meet you dude.

Got it home no problem, gave it a quick wash and was in awe of the beading lol.

I think given the overall condition and bits n bobs my mechanic noticed, we both got the deal we wanted.

Time to get the belts done and check the timing.

FLOL @ that pic btw.