ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My introduction and car history...

182 - F56 MCS
First of all hello all!

Signed up originally in 2009 so thought it was time to pay for a proper membership! In the market for a Clio 182 for fun/weekends/track days/Euro trips :cool:

This is is my car history:

HPIM0496.jpg
[/URL]
FRP3SML.jpg
[/URL]
HPIM1051.jpg
[/URL]
rs3.jpg
[/URL]
imagejpg1.jpg
[/URL]

and 10 days after buying my first 182:

imagejpg2.jpg
[/URL]
imagejpg3.jpg
[/URL]
imagejpg4.jpg
[/URL]

and my current daily drive, when I get a 182 it'll go nicely with the BMW.

Oh and big thanks to Neil@greenlight for the uber competitive quotes for the Clio! Highly recommend giving him a PM or call, especially if your Clio is a 2nd car.

182 - F56 MCS
That was the result of a Transit van doing 40 and a stationary Clio!

I think probably my favourite was the ST-3 Focus, 270 bhp and 300ftlb made it very useable. Plus the de-cat Miltek made the 5 pot come to life. The Corsa VXR is a truely awful car, had it from new and went to Vauxhall 5 times in 2 years. It was also awful on track, under steered all over the show and the brakes were cack....should of gotten a 197 looking back.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Frs is lovely. Vxr is meh. Please tell me you didn't sell the Frp for a Corsa? :(

More details on the Frp?

182 - F56 MCS
Frs is lovely. Vxr is meh. Please tell me you didn't sell the Frp for a Corsa? :(

More details on the Frp?

FRP was number 219, fitted with the optional LSD from factory. Completely standard and even had the original Tickford number plates. I sold the FRP as I fell seriously ill and was told I couldn't drive for a year so it had to go. I then found out that I could drive after only a month so ordered the VXR as a on treat to myself...crap decision although the Recaros and Remus exhaust were good.
HPIM0584.jpg
HPIM0582Small.jpg

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Special car. Sorry to hear about the illness. I've had 2 so far, so infectious. No.476 and No.160

First one is in Austria now. Ever fancy another?

ery8evuv.jpg

by8evede.jpg

ramavuru.jpg

I'd have another tomorrow.

Z4
Not a bad car history at all.
Interesting to see you preferred the ST to the RS, I'm browsing the market at the moment and thought an RS would be good but the extra torque and noise from the ST are appealing..
We all end up going back to clios at some point lol.

182 - F56 MCS
I'd love another FRP, becoming rarer and rarer now though!

As as for comparing the RS to the ST I personally think that the ST is better in 90% of circumstances. It's more practical, more comfortable, makes a nicer sound and just generally easier to drive....However the RS is that bit more special and beats the ST in handling.