ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Car - 1.2 Clio

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I don't understand why people have such dear insurance, I'm 18 and I have a 1.2 TCE at £1400 a year, still rapey in theory but not half as bad as some of the quotes I've heard...

(s)Low Dynamique
You must live in a relatively nice area, mine should be about £2500 now if I started my own policy last year... I'm getting "1 years driving experience" as opposed to "1 years NCB"... hopefully my NCB will build and the price shall drop *touches wood*

Renault Clio
jake my first year of insurance was 3800 got a new policy threw it has gone down 2 1800 pound I am happy that one year NCB helps alot man just drive safe and watch out for old people :p

(s)Low Dynamique
Spend a good few hours cleaning her, nothing is new in this picture.

For those interested I only used AutoGlym cleaning products here, including the shampoo, glass cleaner and resin polish - as my good friends treated me to them for my birthday. Still, turned out pretty shiny :)

295855_10150314013704157_558664156_8019570_181082825_n.jpg

Attachments

• 295855_10150314013704157_558664156_8019570_181082825_n.jpg
    295855_10150314013704157_558664156_8019570_181082825_n.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 44
  (s)Low Dynamique
Spent some of my savings that I didn't really want to spend hahaha. For £80 though, I couldn't afford not to!

img1028ov.jpg

img1029hn.jpg

img1030r.jpg

(s)Low Dynamique
My mate had upgraded his seats for his 1.2, he payed £150, now he's selling his car and the seats didn't up-value his car at all, so he sold them me on the cheap :D

(s)Low Dynamique
New bulbs
Yellow Lamin-x fog light film

(Sorry for the crappy picture, iPhone cameras are sh*t)

EDIT: Crying out for lows I know, hopefully around December/January coilovers will be purchased!
E0zFA.jpg

(s)Low Dynamique
If you want my honest opinion then;

- Lower it on coilovers at least 70mm front and rear.
- Either colour code rear bumper or get a 172 bumper.
- 3/4 front plate
- Lose the tints

And that would be lovely.

I've also got a dynamique in black, if your interested in my thread for ideas then go ahead ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?603122-The-Black-Pearl.

Cheers pal, all the things (bar losing the tints) are already on my agenda :)

Tints are a love/hate thing on here, I personally love the privacy of them and they suit the black-on-black stealth theme which I'm aiming for (in my opinion anyway).

(s)Low Dynamique
Few updates...

New mods:
Carbon wrapped spoiler (to cover up flake-y paintwork haha)
6672972433_aa0e5d59f1_b.jpg
Carbon wrapped rear wiper blank, rear diamond and front diamond
6672973503_957a25f24a_b.jpg
Blindingly bright HID kit (I already regret this, planning on getting projector lamps)

Coming soon....
Well I've started to understand my car looks chavvy, and it bugs me! So soon I shall be ripping the tints out! And getting projector headlamps to rectify the HIDs a little (plus my standard headlights have really bad weathering).
3/4 front plate ordered
Colour coding front/back plastics
Raceland/Rokkor coilovers (ready to buy these now, just waiting to find them at the right price)
Also want to sell my chavvy-as-foooook subs, and with the money uprate the door card speakers instead
Wind deflectors

And before anybody says it, I know you told me so, regarding the tints haha ;)

BMW 330ci
Plans sound good mate. I used to have tints, didn't want to remove them but one day I thought f**k it I'll see what it looks like lol. And was the best thing I done man. Looks miles better ! Should defo do it. And lower it mate.

Would look really good then mate.

TT QS
as i read through this all i wanted to say was loose the tints and you say it at the end lol

makes it look like a van imo, spoils it :/

however, each to their own! you have a really nice car.

going to look even better slammed i love black on black

no jokes before anyone starts lol

(s)Low Dynamique
as i read through this all i wanted to say was loose the tints and you say it at the end lol

makes it look like a van imo, spoils it :/

however, each to their own! you have a really nice car.

going to look even better slammed i love black on black

no jokes before anyone starts lol

Haha I know, everybody I know is trying to convince me keep them but I genuinely dislike them now. Gonna get pissed one day so I can rip them out without thinking about it haha!

You know what they say eh, once you go black you never go back ;)

Cheers pal

(s)Low Dynamique
Wind deflectors have arrived, fitting them in 20 minutes haha. Also taking my sub(s) out tonight! Pics to follow shortly :)

(s)Low Dynamique
Service booked in on Thursday! Pretty much finished now for mods, just want to lower it and colour code the front+back and it's done :)
6717310773_e755862857_b.jpg
6717316221_6302a8e892_b.jpg
6717314283_359f96a032_b.jpg
6717312919_c80b7c9c90_b.jpg

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
Nice car. I've decided to do the same as you. I got bored of the stock look of my Clio quite quick so I'm trying to make my mind up on what to do with it :rasp:

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
Yeah I found a few on ebay for about £50 and I'm going to get some LEDs on the bumper as well. Just trying to find some alloys.

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
Yeah I've found a few on ebay for around £50. Also I want get 172/182 alloys and maybe new rear bumper.

172 Hillclimb/Sprint
i like the effort you have put into your car jake, although the mods aren't to my taste now. we were all 17 once, i had lexus lights on my first car which i just thought was the nuts, but i cringe at any i see now and think, oh man that was me xD haha. seriously ouch on the insurance front, it's all down to postcodes tbh, i had a best mate in my village he was paying about 1900 on his gti 106 at the time, he moved to a birmingham postcode, and requoted at 5K, not even a joke, in the end he sold his car to his old man, because he coudn't afford to insure it. good luck with future mods :)

(s)Low Dynamique
i like the effort you have put into your car jake, although the mods aren't to my taste now. we were all 17 once, i had lexus lights on my first car which i just thought was the nuts, but i cringe at any i see now and think, oh man that was me xD haha. seriously ouch on the insurance front, it's all down to postcodes tbh, i had a best mate in my village he was paying about 1900 on his gti 106 at the time, he moved to a birmingham postcode, and requoted at 5K, not even a joke, in the end he sold his car to his old man, because he coudn't afford to insure it. good luck with future mods :)

Haha cheers mate, I think I've gone past the 17 year old stage now (seeming as though I'm 18 ;) ), I did some ridiculous things like blue leds in the boot and limo tints but I realised how gash it all looks. Tried to rectify everything now and I'm pleased with the results :)

(s)Low Dynamique
I know! Took me exactly 1 year from passing my test to lower her haha! Worth the wait though I must say