ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Car - 1.2 Clio

(s)Low Dynamique
This is probably the most substantial update so far. My birthday is in 2 days, and my grandparents have gifted me a large sum of money! My mum and dad are also treating my alloys to "a lick of paint" (or shall I say refurbishment+gloss black powder coat).

In the last few days I have colour coded my side strips, and de wipered my rear. With the money I have been given for my birthday I will be buying some lowering springs, colour coding my front+back bumper and getting my front windows legally tinted to complete the stealth look I'm going for! Pictures will be up soon when my alloys are done, as my car will be nicely washed waxed + polished due to going to modified live at Anglesey circuit on Saturday!

Current mods:
RS Grille
LED sidelights/reg light
Colour coded diamonds/badges
Colour coded side strips
Induction kit
100% rear window tint
2x 900w subs
Carbon wrapped interior trim
De wipered rear

Upcoming mods:
Colour coded front/back bumper
Lowering springs (Either 40mm/60mm on standard shocks)
Gloss black dynamique alloys
Legally tinted front side windows

Pics up in the next 2-3 days!

(s)Low Dynamique
Alloys have just been powdercoated today, here is a dirty pic (doesn't do them much justice). More pics will be up early next week after my trip to modified live!
319248_10150273669759157_558664156_7748634_1345728_n.jpg

(s)Low Dynamique
What's wrong with modified live? Never been before so I'm just going to see what it's like, mainly just for the camping so we can get uberr drunked ;D

I know I need lows, got my insurance renewal in a few days though so need to sort that out first, and it will probably leave me a little poor as the cheapest quote so far with 1 years no claims is £3145 -.-

Listerine & Poledo
Maybe you could just live with having some suspension travel until the insurance is less rapey?

(s)Low Dynamique
Tints are gay, on certain vehicles - it's like stereotyping in my opinion, they can look great on some cars!

white clio mk2 1.2
i was considering removing my clio badge untill i removed it and had a little play with some black spray and cuz my base colour is white i kept it on there looks nice, but personaly for you i think removing it all together would be a good move, makes the rear end a little smarter, spesh on a black base colour (Y)

(s)Low Dynamique
100th post :D

320226_10150289175729157_558664156_7875456_123132075_n.jpg
303038_10150291068414157_558664156_7892201_1708771799_n.jpg

Chavvy teddy/sticker on the back aren't on anymore, they were just there for a journey where I was conveying with a friend haha. Hopefully I'll be getting lows in December, looking at some raceland coilys now!

Also, I don't like my tints any more but I'm going to wait until I've colour coded my front/back bumper and lowered it before I make a decision to rip them out or not :)

Final note, paying £3950 for insurance - starting my own policy with everything legit :')

Last edited:
  Inferno 182
Is you're favourite shop halfords? Ripspeed pedals and an edge sub? Seriously, save up and get decent mods if your keeping the car.

(s)Low Dynamique
Meh the subs aren't brilliant I know, but they were cheap and I can't hold myself back from spending haha

MK3 GTI golf 16v
looking good mate :) just needs some lows and its pretty much there aint it ?

and did you say your insurance is 4k ?!? if it is, i feel a little bit better at 2k for my 172 lol

i also have a few bits kicking about for sale you might be interested in, give me a pm if you are ;)

(s)Low Dynamique
looking good mate :) just needs some lows and its pretty much there aint it ?

and did you say your insurance is 4k ?!? if it is, i feel a little bit better at 2k for my 172 lol

i also have a few bits kicking about for sale you might be interested in, give me a pm if you are ;)

Pmed mate! Yeah lows and colour coded front/rear bumper really....probably end up doing a few more bits and bobs though :) I think my insurance is massively high due to living right near a rough council estate haha :(

Clio Dynamique Noir
i was considering removing my clio badge untill i removed it and had a little play with some black spray and cuz my base colour is white i kept it on there looks nice, but personaly for you i think removing it all together would be a good move, makes the rear end a little smarter, spesh on a black base colour (Y)

Cant on these clios, theyre bolted in so leave hoooles :( learnt this one the hard way!

Loving the car so far matey, is it definately a dynamique? I have one too :) Reminds me of modding my car haha...think youll defo change your mind about the tints in a few weeks/months...got my clio on coilies, cost me £10 more to declare them! Sooo keep checking your policy every month or so might drop soon. Getting on your own policy is a good idea!! Guna be VERY expensive to start with but youll start earning your own NCB which is good and will soon start bringing your renewal down! Keep up with the good work!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
lol at insurance, its a b**ch aint it. on the upside after you have 1 year NCB under you it will drop like mad. my 1.2 had a fair few mods and was all declared for £1600 ;) and i moaned about that. dont know why i thought it would be a good idea to get a 2 litre haha oh well

(s)Low Dynamique
Thing that p*sses me off, is if I put myself down as Jaqueline rather than Jake and drive about with a wig on I'll save myself £1500! Oh well girls will be the same later this year as well :|

MK3 GTI golf 16v
ah that sucks, my mum brought mine down about £800

on the upside, it can only get cheaper haha

(s)Low Dynamique
Yeah, hopefully! On one quote I got, declaring the window tints brought it up £980 hahahahahahaa it's a piece of film for crying out loud!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
lmao, i wouldnt bother declaring crap like that mate

performance gains or suspension. otherwise they wont care tbh. oh and if you do it over the phone they add loads for free. like alloys and stuff, but on the internet it adds money (dunno why)

Clio Campus Sport
Hey i have a Clio 1.2 Campus Sport im 18 and next qoute im looking at for insurance is around £1500 and thats fully comp with LV, Car looks great!! Well done needs coilies though