ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup ~ OEM+

172 cup
Very nice!Make sure to report back once you have done a few miles,be interested to hear the results.

Cheers Ross.

Megane R26.R No 26
Thats a belter you've got there. I fitted some Goodridge hoses and new fluid a month back and it made a massive difference, much sharper brakes and a soild pedal.

172 Cup
Really nice mate, standard all the way!

Thanks man!

Thats a belter you've got there. I fitted some Goodridge hoses and new fluid a month back and it made a massive difference, much sharper brakes and a soild pedal.

Cheers mate :). yeah im hoping this set up should be good too!

Just read through it all. Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see what your going to do ;)

Ta very much pal, still lots and lots to do.

BG 182 FF
looks really nice mate, im thinking of buying a set of sportlines aswell (baaahhh) did u fit them or did a garage do it for you.

Cheers Joe

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Great progress mate, missed the Btb so much I got another, definately the best exhaust for a 172 IMHO

172 Cup
looks really nice mate, im thinking of buying a set of sportlines aswell (baaahhh) did u fit them or did a garage do it for you.

Cheers Joe

I had a friend who is a mechanic fit them for me mate, it didnt take him long at all really.

Great progress mate, missed the Btb so much I got another, definately the best exhaust for a 172 IMHO

Haha mate you were right all along the BTB is the way forward, its an awesome exhaust. Might have another pop down yours on sunday if your about ;)

just read through the whole post, very nice work!

Thanks alot pal, nice to know people are interested in whats going on :)

great work and things id do myself

but

people are saying OEM, when its not.

Thanks, its not OEM...its OEM+ so keeping the car in quite an original state yet improving the area's in some places that I want/like ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Haha mate you were right all along the BTB is the way forward, its an awesome exhaust. Might have another pop down yours on sunday if your about ;)

Yeah course mate, come down a bit earlier though as it was freezing last sunday lol

172 Cup
Cheers mate,

Well i had the brakes fitted at the end of lastweek and have ran them in since, and i gave them a 'little' test yesterday for the first time, all i can say is they are worth every penny of the money i paid for the lot. I do feel they need a tiny bit of heat into them to get the best out of them but once you do they are awesome! Great pedal feel and i would go as far to say as they are the best brake brake setup i have had on any of my cars and are perfect for the what the car gets used for, i would also be very confident to do some track sessions on these :)

There should be a few updates coming up over the next month or so fingers crossed :)

Thanks for looking.

172 Cup
Excellent upgrades there mate, have you got much left to do?

Thanks, yeah ive still got a fair few plans tbh mate, top of the list is to have the wheels refurb'd because they are fairly goosed now but i want to wait until the next few months of crappy weather are over until i do that i think. I also need to do something with my steering wheel because mine is 'melted' and i fancy replacing some bushes/mounts to freshen it up. I might look at the shocks at some point aswell but thats only a might at the minute lol. Theres lots of bits and bobs that i need to do too lol.

Cheers chris!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks, yeah ive still got a fair few plans tbh mate, top of the list is to have the wheels refurb'd because they are fairly goosed now but i want to wait until the next few months of crappy weather are over until i do that i think. I also need to do something with my steering wheel because mine is 'melted' and i fancy replacing some bushes/mounts to freshen it up. I might look at the shocks at some point aswell but thats only a might at the minute lol. Theres lots of bits and bobs that i need to do too lol.

Cheers chris!

why not get your wheel refurbed in leather? theres a couple of guys on here doing it.

and pm me if you want a decent cheap place for the wheel refurb, you can have a look at the job they did on mine if you like

172 Cup
why not get your wheel refurbed in leather? theres a couple of guys on here doing it.

and pm me if you want a decent cheap place for the wheel refurb, you can have a look at the job they did on mine if you like

Will do bud, i was going to get them done at SEM because i have seen sh*t loads of his work before and its always been mint but i am open to other suggestions ;)

As regards to the wheel i do want it re-timmed in leather with the stiching etc done but i fancy a renault sabelt cup racer wheel too, probably the most OEM looking wheel for a cup with his having the blue top matching the blue dash bits and being made for renault so i'll see what how i feel in the next few months.

Would these be a worthwhile upgrade? I got thinking about doing mine at some point, maybe powerflexed, but am not sure whether the gain outweighs the hassle.

IMO yes it will be worth it mate, my cup has done 43k now on its bushes/mounts so a freshen up should be worth it i reckon, im not sure on powerflex bushes though as it is only a road car at the min so i dont want it too harsh, brand new OE Renault ones should be perfect, but i could change my mind lol.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Will do bud, i was going to get them done at SEM because i have seen sh*t loads of his work before and its always been mint but i am open to other suggestions ;)

As regards to the wheel i do want it re-timmed in leather with the stiching etc done but i fancy a renault sabelt cup racer wheel too, probably the most OEM looking wheel for a cup with his having the blue top matching the blue dash bits and being made for renault so i'll see what how i feel in the next few months.
QUOTE]

Got any pictures of the sabelt wheel? i cant remember what they look like.

and the lads who did my wheels did them for £20 each to fix the chips from where dear father dropped them :(
they did a great job for the price!

172 Cup
Car looks mint mate. Great to see the OEM look! Seems were following the same path!

Keep it up bud.

Cheers dude, means alot! Fresh Cups are the best :)

QUOTE]

Got any pictures of the sabelt wheel? i cant remember what they look like.

and the lads who did my wheels did them for £20 each to fix the chips from where dear father dropped them :(
they did a great job for the price!

Nice one matey i'll bare them in mind.

Here's a pic of a sabelt wheel that i quite fancy:

Sabeltwheel.jpg

Yeah as above or I think I have seen someone relocate it to the interior light adjuster switch down to the right?

172 Cup
I think i would probs just go without a horn tbh, when ever i have road rage or actually need to use the horn (which i rare), pressing it is the last thing i think of :S strange i know lol.

Cheers boys, like i said there should be a few small updates coming soon ;)

172 Cup, mk1 fiesta
No horn is an mot failure :S.

Awesome looking steering wheel though, miles better than the standard offering

172 Cup
Your right it is, thats why between now and my next mot I want to get my hands on a ph1 stalk with the horn attached to that ;)

Funny this should get mentionef as i just ordered up my sabelt wheel this morning with a new rear exhaust mount :)

There should also be a few little bits and peices going on with the car in the near future.

225 Cup & Williams
Your Cup looks excellent mate and nice choice on the BTB I have a brand new BTB system sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted, cant wait.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice one, just how they should be, few things that help ;)

nov3-1.jpg

New bullets,

049.jpg

Wheel refurb in bright sparkly silver, with the calipers done for good measure also,

023.jpg

And a bag of these with the wheel refurb,

008.jpg

These mods will freshen it up no end :)

172 Cup
Your Cup looks excellent mate and nice choice on the BTB I have a brand new BTB system sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted, cant wait.

Cheers dude, you wont regret the BTB i Promise you that! :)

Nice one, just how they should be, few things that help ;)

nov3-1.jpg

New bullets,

049.jpg

Wheel refurb in bright sparkly silver, with the calipers done for good measure also,

023.jpg

And a bag of these with the wheel refurb,

008.jpg

These mods will freshen it up no end :)

Gaz i have already got the silver caliper paint and was going to order some new bullets actually dude...the gear knob top is a great idea too cheers!...Great minds and all that eh ;) Thanks for the pointers, if i can get mine nearly as nice as your old cup i will be a very happy man!

172 Cup
Update:

Ok so Santa was good to me and the clio this christmas :)

One thing that annoyed the f*ck out of me everytime i got in the cup was the state of the steering wheel so i decided to finally do something about it. I did toy with the idea of having the standard item trimmed again but i cant really be without a steering wheel for a week or whatever and having seen the Sabelt Cup Racer wheels i knew i had to have one...

Picture641.jpg

Picture635.jpg

Picture633.jpg

I wanted this wheel as it fits in with my OEM+ theme seen as though it is a renault part (well sort of lol) and it looks great in a mondial blue cup with the blue dash inserts matching the blue top part of the wheel...it kinda looks like its ment to be there from the factory! Which is what its all about for me.

Any how i got it fitted yesterday (by Chris205 off here, big thanks pal ;)) and went out to give the interior a quick once over then get some snaps of it:

Picture640.jpg

Picture639.jpg

Picture638.jpg

Picture636.jpg

As well as looking the part, I had no idea how much it would transform the feel of the car! It really makes it feel alot more connected and raw, its awesome! Cant reccommend one enough tbh.

Finally my rear exhaust mount is sh*gged so i got my self one of those too...OE ofcourse ;)

Picture642.jpg

Comments welcome as always, thanks for looking!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks good, take it you didn't fit any 20p resistors for the airbag lights you pikey?? ;)