ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup ~ OEM+

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
never noticed this thread before, read through the lot and wow you have one nice little clio there. nice to see one looked after and money spent on proper parts. only thing is dont those steering wheels fade after a while so will look abit odd. nice though

172 Cup
Love the wheel mate even if it was a pain to fit lol

Thanks again for the help mate ;)

Looks good, take it you didn't fit any 20p resistors for the airbag lights you pikey?? ;)

Haha gaz i was waiting for that, i did actually fit the resistors but as it happens my airbag light comes on and goes off when it pleases because of the connection under the drivers seat...great french build quality :headno:

This car is f**king amazing. Hats off to you!

Love the steering wheel.

Wow cheers dude :), comments like this make all the hard work worthwhile.

never noticed this thread before, read through the lot and wow you have one nice little clio there. nice to see one looked after and money spent on proper parts. only thing is dont those steering wheels fade after a while so will look abit odd. nice though

Thanks pal! These wheels do fade over time if excessively worn, but its nothing a bit of elbow grease and a suede brush wont sort out...i hope lol.

Fiesta ST3
I have the same wheel, and I love it. Your cup looks ace dude. Where did you get your break setup from if you dont mind me asking?

172 Cup
Cheers mate, yep i love the wheel!

I Got the disks and pads from Ktec, the lines from a place near me called Revolution, and the fluid from Opie Oils dude, cant recommend it enough tbh ;)

There should be a few small updates to come soon fingers crossed.

172 Cup
very nice this m8! keep up the good work. really like that steering wheel

Thanks alot pal

Not a massive update or anything exciting, but i got my new exhaust mount fitted today, as you can see the old one was f*cked and when going over speed bumps made a noise, but thats gone now and its alot more sturdy.

Old vs New:

Picture643.jpg

Picture644.jpg

Also loving the sabelt even more...its worth its weight in gold :)

Thanks for looking!

Z4
Very nice mate! Get those side rubbing strips painted/lacquered, never understood why they skipped that on the cup, lacquer isn't massively heavy...lol

I may have to get myself a wheel like that, my melted Renault wheel is silly big and really stresses me out how rough it feels!

172 Cup
Aye my standard wheel annoyed the f*ck out of me aswell mate, really tidy's up the interior no end.

I did toy with the idea of painting the side strips a while back but they will be staying as they are now, OE and all that lol plus when you look at it in person it kinda works as it breaks things up alittle.

I plan on getting the wheels refurb'd either next month or the month after all being well.

172 Cup
Update :)

Yes i am officially a wheel w*ore. Since Fitting my Sabelt Wheel (which is awesome!) i realised that if i wanted to keep it mint which is one of my aims with the cup, i couldnt use that wheel day in day out. So with that in mind i have decided to keep the Sabelt Wheel for 'best' so that it remains in mint condition :)

Obviously in order to do that i needed another steering wheel which is where this chap comes into things:

Picture648.jpg

Picture649.jpg

Its a very nice wheel actually and is the same size as the sabelt which i wanted and gives me the facility to have the horn back for MOT time so the OMP shall be fitted in the next day or two. I am going to dust the Sabelt down and put it back in its box for a couple of months.

The wheels (Turini's that is!) are also oncourse to be refurbished next month along with a few other things!

Pics to follow soon, thanks for looking!

172 Cup
Well the car has been taxed for another year £245 :(

Wheel getting bashed on tomorrow too! Pics to follow.

172 Cup
Yeah dude two problems, the first is that you lose your horn normally (but with the new omp wheel the 'OMP' button is a horn button), and i have heard a new rule is that any airbag fitted as standard that is missing is now an MOT fail, although im not 100% on that.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Yeah dude two problems, the first is that you lose your horn normally (but with the new omp wheel the 'OMP' button is a horn button), and i have heard a new rule is that any airbag fitted as standard that is missing is now an MOT fail, although im not 100% on that.

Or buy a ph1 horn stalk. Plug it in and the horn works :). I'm not sure of new MOT laws either. I think it fails if airbag light shows up on dash?

172 Cup
Or buy a ph1 horn stalk. Plug it in and the horn works :). I'm not sure of new MOT laws either. I think it fails if airbag light shows up on dash?

Aye or thats an option too! Yeah you might be right actually mate may be something to do with an airbag light being on :s

172 Cup
Had the OMP wheel fitted for a week or so now and i have to say it is a very nice wheel for the money. Feels different to the sabelt aswell even though its the same size wheel :s lol.

I give it a quick wash, then went for a drive today and thought i may aswell take a few pics of her whilst out and about;

Picture652.jpg

Picture653.jpg

Picture655.jpg

Picture650.jpg

Picture651.jpg

The wheels are going to be refurbished next month...cant wait to have the fresh :)

Thanks for looking.

Megane 225 F1
Lovely car is lovely. Wheel looks good too. I want to get one like that to replace my suede one.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate. Same wheel as mine but yours is the newer version, a great mod to do to the clio!

172 Cup
Looks great mate. Same wheel as mine but yours is the newer version, a great mod to do to the clio!

Cheers mate! defo a great mod, would recommend one to anyone.

You most Definately did lol :( there was another cup out with us and it was incredible on the twisting roads!

Sounds like you guys had a good drive out! Yeah thats when they are at their best on those types of roads :)

172 Cup
Well its been a couple of months since the last bit of progress took place for the cup and with the FCS creeping up on us i thought i best get my finger pulled out.

First job on the list was to get the nail i noticed i had picked up in the rear near side tyre repaired. Job done this morning!

Now the turini's are booked in on monday morning for a full refurb in High Power Silver to make the car look fresh ;) pics to follow next week upon completion.

I also fancy a set of TPI polarised Wheel bolts or new silver bolts to go with the fresh speedlines but i need to get round to ordering them because i need to make my mind up which ones i want.

I also have a new set of halfrauds ultra brilliance 90% brighter head light bulbs to go in as one of the original had blown.

Finally i purrrchased a tin of smooth silver hammerite today so i can give the calipers a lick of paint to go with the wheels and pics will follow for that next weekend when i get them painted.

FCS 'to do' list is as follows:

- Tyre repair. DONE
- Headlight bulb. DONE
- Have the wheels refurb'd. In the process
- Paint calipers
- Purchase/fit new wheel nuts
- New bullets (possibly)
- Smaller ariel (possibly)
- Full machine polish and interior detail.

That should keep me busy :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Plans sound good, what bullets are you after? New silver ones or coloured ones?

And have you considered colour coding the side strips? (mondail + lacquer) its be keeping in with the OEM+ theme :)

172 Cup
Plans sound good, what bullets are you after? New silver ones or coloured ones?

And have you considered colour coding the side strips? (mondail + lacquer) its be keeping in with the OEM+ theme :)

Im going for new standard silver bullets ;)

I have considered painting the side strips dude and it is defo a possibility in the future for it, just got a these tasks to finish and then some maintenance jobs for it after (clutch, service etc) to do. Need to win the lotto!! lol.

Car looked really smart today mate. It's going to look factory fresh when you've carried out all your plans.

Cheers mate, hope so! We will have to organise some pics or a meet over the summer.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Im going for new standard silver bullets ;)

I have considered painting the side strips dude and it is defo a possibility in the future for it, just got a these tasks to finish and then some maintenance jobs for it after (clutch, service etc) to do. Need to win the lotto!! lol.

whats wrong with your bullets atm? are they beyond saving with cleaning lol? i know how you feel, i could do with winning it too :p

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
This is lovely! I wanna do mine the same but just a little lower ride height. I too have compiled a "to-do" list! Mine is a bit more extensive as I haven't got round to do everything yet! Lovely cup tho!!

172 Cup
When I had my wheels refurbed on my cup, I got my bullets sprayed the same colour as the wheels so it all matches.

Nice to see your keeping it all standard cause they look so much better with the clean look.

172 Cup
This is lovely! I wanna do mine the same but just a little lower ride height. I too have compiled a "to-do" list! Mine is a bit more extensive as I haven't got round to do everything yet! Lovely cup tho!!

Thanks pal, theres lists all over the place at this time of the year lol. I'll keep an eye out for your thread.

When I had my wheels refurbed on my cup, I got my bullets sprayed the same colour as the wheels so it all matches.

Nice to see your keeping it all standard cause they look so much better with the clean look.

My thoughts exactly dude, fresh OEM is where its at for me.

172 Cup
Update!

Well the post man was good to me today :)

Picture656.jpg

I ordered up a set of TPI Polarised wheels bolts & lockers to go along with the fresh turini's when i get them back from being refurbished. Great service from six one two and they came this morning less than 24 hours after ordering.

I must say they look the dogs b*llocks and i cant wait to get them fitted, please i bit the bullet and paid for them now. Any how pics of the little chaps:

Picture658.jpg

Picture659.jpg

Picture661.jpg

Picture660.jpg

They shall be fitted at the weekend hopefully with pics to follow ;)