ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

Yeah Rhys, replied on NWA!

Sheds are awesome. Especially slow sheds. 7k rpm literally everywhere, but never breaking the speed limit!
Only thing I don't like about driving it is the open diff. Feels like I could be going sideways everywhere, but the inside wheel just spins and you look like a homo! :(

I'd just weld this one tbh. If you get a diff from a 1.8 you have to mess around changing drive shafts and it ends up costing more than its worth tbh unless I wanted a proper limited slip diff... but its a shed and that wouldn't be right! For a torsen with a decent ratio you're looking at 300+ and half the time you have to source your own shafts.
The 1.6 diff is weak, but I've only got a standard engine so it wouldn't be worth changing until I start thinking about adding power... even then its going to be about 160/170 at the most, so it'll most likely be fine if the welds are strong!

This post has made little sense, but I'm on my phone and cba. Well done if you understood! LOL

Adz

Work van
get some minilites made up in some silly sizes likey 13x9 et10 all round, they are very cheap ;)

get some minilites made up in some silly sizes likey 13x9 et10 all round, they are very cheap ;)

Where?!!! Really want 13's!

Seeing as people run 300+ bhp through welders on drift days, I think you'll struggle to smash the welds!

Well there we go then! :)
This is staying NA. As common as it is, I don't think adding a turbo would really suit it. I like the idea of having a lot of revs and a nice sound rather than boost... mainly because its not all out speed that I'm after.

Adz

Work van
Where?!!! Really want 13's!

http://www.minilite.co.uk/products.htm

they make any size and offset you want :D plus they look like watanabe's

this would be the fitment i would be going for on 13's F: 13×9 (-13) R: 13×10 (-29) looks like this

inspmk1-5.jpg

Got some tein rear springs and shockers built up for one of these? Bit random I know but seem to have acquired them. Open to offers 50p etc ;)

If you had the fronts I'd take you up on that - but as it is, I might as well wait and get the HSD's. I've not got the money to be buying things to use for a couple of weeks max. :(

Tried selling them on MX5 nutz? You'd probably get a half decent price!

Update on the Eunos BBS's: They're on their way :cool:
I can finally ditch the TSW's!!

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
May have just put a deposit down on one. You'll f**king hate me when you hear what I'm paying for it.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've spent more on a night out without strippers :( dammit!

LOL SAME! Exactly why I went for it. Plus my mate was going to scrap it otherwise, and the body was too clean for that. Especially considering its a UK Spec car.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Doesn;t look bad in the pics.. interested to see how much rust?

I'm in two minds with mine if to get the seals done and set me back about 300quid.. or just to use it until it falls apart and buy another..

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
As far as I could see it wasnt that bad. Gotta get it transported to me in the next few weeks.

I don't believe it. Just snapped a breaker bar trying to get the front wheel nuts off. Why do tyre fitting companies insist on over torquing them to f**k. Idiots. So now I've got 3 bbs's and 2 nuts holding the drivers side front wheel on. FFS.

It's been done before I've owned the car, but they all do it. Same story with my 106 and Clio! The 306 wasn't actually that bad... going to go to Halfords in a minute and get a new one. Maybe see if they can crack the remaining nuts off too - I almost prolapsed getting the f**kers off!

Here's some pictures anyway.
I can't quite believe how light the BBS's are! Literally weigh f**k all. I think with some smaller tyres and massive spacers, they'll look alright when it's lowered. After being refurbed, of course. Got two tins of Rays Racing Bronze (or a very close match) that were originally intended to go on the 205 wheels on my 306. Might as well put them to use!

7467851288_cf78887105_z.jpg

Eunos BBS by j0eyD, on Flickr

F**king annoyance!

7467849882_8b3fe78197_z.jpg

Broken. by j0eyD, on Flickr

7467848674_328ece7067_z.jpg

b****cks. by j0eyD, on Flickr

And it ruined my plimsoles. The soles are now completely f**ked, trying to get grip! :(

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've been looking at RA's for when I get my one. That, or G60 steels. Cheap winners.