ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco shed Project !!!

Clio 172 Monaco
Welcome to my shed Project. I Recently purchased my other halfs Clio 172 Monaco Blue 2001 it has done 145k. Genially it has been reasonably maintained but recently it has had a fair few things going wrong or in need of repair on the car. heres a list of what it needs doing on it

-: Gearbox rebuild 3rd-4th crunches
-: Gearbox oil leaks
-: Aux Belt squeak
-: Alternator Noisy
-: Pas Pump Leak
-: Steering Wheel thumb Grips ripped
-: Bodywork Damage (rear bumper scuff,keyed quarter panel)
-: In Need of General TLC

Seems a shame to break a lovely coloured Clio and it has lots of history from my other half (Mr Bean) owning it for 3yrs (trackdays, Nurburgring). Mr Bean is doing all the work on the Clio (ex Renault Tech) and its free labour! :rasp: this thread will be on going for the next couple of months with new ideas and updates

I do warn this thread is going to be picture heavy!!! :approve:

Here's some pictures as it stands waiting for the work to commence.

photo(1).JPGphoto(2).JPGphoto(3).JPGphoto(4).JPGphoto.JPG

Clio 172 Monaco
Today was the start of fixing some of these problems, removed the front bumper o/s/f headlight also found an aircon leak so removed the condensor also while i was stripping the aux belt kit off the car i found my aux belt noise was due to the bottom pulley had fallen apart :dapprove: while i had stripped most of the front off i thought why not tidy up the engine bay while the weather was nice :approve: heres some pics of my work.

photo(13).JPGphoto(3).JPGphoto(7).JPGphoto(9).JPGphoto(10).JPGphoto(11).JPGphoto(12).JPG & here are some finished pics of the bay i did today :cool: photo(5).JPGphoto(8).JPG :clap:

Clio 172 Monaco
Have sent 5 wheels off to get them refurb'd and powder coated today at city power coating in birmingham :p

Clio 172 Monaco
Thinking of puting a cup spoiler on the car? What do you think? Or do I just keep everything standard? :)

Monaco 172
I'm sure there was someone selling a Cup spoiler painted in Monaco blue in the For Sale section. Would love to see what it looks like as I've considered the same.

Clio 172 Monaco
:) what other mods do you reckon look good as I want the Monaco to look as standard'ish as possible but not chavy or cheap :) will have look for a spoiler now :-D

Clio 172 Monaco
Just given a pm about the monaco spoiler but I think not might have sold :-( but any spoiler will do as can get it sprayed when I get my other bits touched up :clap:

Clio 172 Monaco
That looks AWSOME mate! Made me want get that spoiler on even more lol! I'm also looking at getting a fair bit of carbon bits done on the inside of the car but I don't want to kill it in too much carbon?

Clio 172 Monaco
I like the carbon bay cover and frount splitter but not sure on the bonnet and bullets think its but over kill? And Chris the carbon trader carbon bits look AWSOME with the coulour writeing he does :) need to get my bumper and keyed scratch resprayed first thought :-( will updated progress later now my Internet fixed:clap:

Monaco 172
That's looks great Dave!

Im just trying to keep mine standard-ish and just tidy it up. Im doing the inlet and fuel rail cover matt black and the engine cover metallic grey though. Looks much better.

Clio 172 Monaco
Did a bit more well Mr bean did :hail: started re fitting all the front back on the car and new aircon rad fitted with new seals etc, the local Renault dealer has let us down on are gearbox rebuild syncro kit tho :cry: back order so will have todo the rebuild another day, have a nice re-trimmed steering wheel to fit tho pics to follow :cool:

Clio 172 Monaco
Ok so not much really to report back on today as weather a bit CRAP! but i have fitted my new steering wheel and my new grill in my frount bumper :clap:its already looking more less like a shed :rasp: pics to follow photo(15).JPGphoto(16).JPG I have also had a phone call today to tell me my wheels will be ready to collect Monday from the City Powder Coat guys :clap:

Clio 172 Monaco
So i get my wheels back monday and im thinking before i put them on to paint the wheel calipers. What do you think? & what coulour would look good with the standard silver 172 alloys! :approve:

Steering wheel looks nice, I'd do the calipers silver/black.

And if your thinking of sealing your new alloy paint well Gtechniq C5 would be good.

Clio 172 Monaco
Steering wheel looks nice, I'd do the calipers silver/black.

And if your thinking of sealing your new alloy paint well Gtechniq C5 would be good.

Yes will be looking to sealing the wheels for long lasting gloss effect :approve: So the gtechniq C5 is the best on the market or are there better products out there ??

Clio 172 Monaco
Will be uploading pics of my finished refurb wheels and my carbon fiber fog lights I received today :clap: I have also booked my self an appointment for a car detail with 1 of the traders on here at a discount 2 cars for £299 and they going to chuck a couple of extra bits of cleaning in for me Bargin!! Monaco will stand out like it was made for :rasp: Just got book my self in with sprayshack and body work will look AWSOME! All extra idears are welcome!!

Clio 172 Monaco
Here are some pics better ones will come when they are all fitted to the car in june!! :) photo(1).JPG Fog lights wraped in Carbon cant wait to fit these!!
photo(2).JPG the wheels came out really good!!! £20 a wheel for a refub and respray Bargin!!! Set of 5 alloys :)

Clio 172 Monaco
yeah the car is in need of some very needed TLC ;) have decided to go down the carbon fibre route with dash trims, some outer trims but genrally keep the look standard'ish :cool: will upload some more pictures of the wheels

Clio 172 Monaco
So today i phoned the car insurance Dimond up to see what they would qote me on my 172 and they want 2K!!! F*** that told them i will leave them then :rasp: so went on my laptop went on Go Compair and then Dimond given me a qote of £931 just over half price!! how does that work?! i am 21 and have 2 year NCB

Clio 172 Monaco
Im now going to sealing my new alloy paint with Gtechniq C5 :rasp: before they get put on the car next week! :D pics to follow :clap: also im going paint my brake calipers but not sure what would look great i know you wont really see them but its just a little extra tarty :) opinions welcome!!! Let me know what you think :coffee:

2002 Flame Red 172
Looking good. What did you use on your inlet manifold n fuel rail guard to get them that clean? Anything special or just some elbow grease. Id paint the calipers gloss black.

Clio 172 Monaco
Looking good. What did you use on your inlet manifold n fuel rail guard to get them that clean? Anything special or just some elbow grease. Id paint the calipers gloss black.

i removed the inlet manifold and degressed it and then painted it with silver high temperature paint :rasp:

Clio 172 Monaco
a little update:

finally got a phone call from Renault to say my gearbox rebuild kit had turned up only 7weeks it has taken have been told it was specially made hence why it has taken so long :cool: also have booked the car in next week to have all the bodywork sorting on the car so the key mark on the O/s/r and rear bumper sorting out and o/s/f wing :approve:

Clio 172 Monaco
its also going in for a full major paint correction in August with midlands car care so should look pucka when all done :coffee:

Clio 172 Monaco
Wheels fitted today and given a quick wash ready for its paint spray next week to get my key mark out of my o/s panel
photo(26).JPGphoto(25).JPGphoto(23).JPG

Clio 172 Monaco
So my car comes back from the body shop today from its respray on my o/s panel I have brought a Honda civic type r arial for it too is there any other none chavy! Mods I can do to tidy this car up?

Clio 172 Monaco
so i been out cleaning the car today after it came back from the body shop yesterday from its respray! here are some pics! :rasp:

photo(17).JPG Here my sparkly wheels :rasp: used some decent cherry wax
photo(14).JPG Put my Carbon fog surronds in too dont they look good :clap:
photo(16).JPG another piccy of the frount
photo(15).JPG squeaky clean can even see the clouds on the bonnet! :)
photo(11).JPG the Monaco really cleans up well!!
photo(12).JPGphoto(13).JPG And here are the respray jobs! i had my bumper resprayed and also my o/s panel sprayed after some chav keyed it! i am very chuffed with the work :rasp:

I have also got a stubby arial to fit :) im not sure what to do next?! opinons please :D

Clio 172 Monaco
Next on the list is :)

Cluch
gearbox rebuild
Cambelt

Is there anything I can do to my body work I have not already done that can make it look even more better? Or anything any1 can think of that I can also do to my car???

Clio 172 Monaco
Thinking getting all the Usual trims in carbon wrap any other nice little mods you think would make the Monaco look bit more smart? It will also be at CS day :)