ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Clio DCi

On idle, I can hear a slight rattle (more evident when listening in the front o/s wheel arch than when looking under the bonnet)

Sounds to me like a dry bearing on something spinning than say an exhaust heat shield rattle.

Car is a 2006 on 56,000 miles.

Any ideas?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hmm thot they had AC as standard.

n/s is likely gearbox related, i get a funny metal on metal rattle from mine too as do some others, never worked out what it is though.

It was a dealer option, and the first owner must have been tight as it has none.

The car is under warranty from the garage I bought it, so I'll keep an eye on this noise, especially if it may be gearbox related.

It was a dealer option, and the first owner must have been tight as it has none.

The car is under warranty from the garage I bought it, so I'll keep an eye on this noise, especially if it may be gearbox related.

tight owner ftl mines fully loaded :rasp:
the first owner is a bit mental he(me) went mad on the options list :D

did you say yours was a dci 86 how do you find the gearbox mines driving me crackers ?

Fiesta ST2
tis not the exhaust heat shield is it? I had a 1.5 dci clio whilst awaiting for mine to arrive 2 years ago and driving over snow moved the heat shield (like butter!) worth checking.. if it is just move it back with your foot

Black Clio GT
clutch bearing or fly wheel??
try the gearbox mount too.

if its the other side my guess is again engine mount,or altinator, pas, or belt tensioner/pulley.

check wishbones ect on both sides for loose bolts.

tight owner ftl mines fully loaded :rasp:
the first owner is a bit mental he(me) went mad on the options list :D

did you say yours was a dci 86 how do you find the gearbox mines driving me crackers ?

Bloody poverty spec mines is lol. Miss the aircon, especially during the two or three days a year we need it.

Yeah, its the dci 86 I have. No real problems with the box really. Seems smooth enough getting into gears. A lot less notchy than my 172.

tis not the exhaust heat shield is it? I had a 1.5 dci clio whilst awaiting for mine to arrive 2 years ago and driving over snow moved the heat shield (like butter!) worth checking.. if it is just move it back with your foot

The heat shield does rattle when pulling away if the revs are too low. I'll get underneath and have a look.

Clio MK III Dci 106
On my MKIII at idle I used to have a vibration. Took the bumper of and the sponge padding for the washer bottle had moved and was causing the vibration.

This solved the vibration problem. Now in the warm weather my car sounds like a rusty old wheel barrow...need to see if I have dry bearings somewhere!!!