ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande - My First Car

So I recently bought this Standard 2000 1.2 Phase 1 Grande and its my first car. So I thought first things first a good wash is in order. A simple wash along with some car polish and a bit off back to black on the bumpers, being as its a 12 year old car it does have a couple of dints around it but really happy with it. The paint hasn't faded and the interior inst in bad condition at all.

In the eyes of modifications, I put a matte black front badge on, which looks pretty decent (it's vinyl wrapped) took me a while but worth the effort. Thinking about going for a Black on Blue colour theme. Thinking about going for the Phase 2 Spoiler and rear lights.
I love all the Clio's on here with all the mods but to be honest I'm glad to just have a car at the moment.

So plans for the future, well I'd like the back badges blacked as well and i'll properly wrap a few other bits.

Thanks for reading and there will definitely updates of the progress. Here's a pic:

temporary-6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so a bit of progress, ive ordered some Meguiars' Scratch X for the lights, my phase 2 spoiler came today, so i gave it a polish and whacked it on. Looks loads better than the one that sits flush with the car. No scratches on it and not bad for a tenner.

temporary-5.jpg

and i like the clear light rather than the red one before:

back.jpg

Size comparison to the old one:

temporary-8.jpg

also I've ordered some pressed plates so they'll be on soon. I'm not to fussed about getting phase 2 lights, i don't mind the normal ones tbh.

I had a bit of time to spare yesterday so I gave the engine bay a good clean, to be honest it wasn't that bad, bit of soapy water and a cloth got it all off alright no need for any degreaseing and for a 12 year old car i cant see any paint peel in there. Got a K&N air filter to put on so should give it a slight bit more noise, don't think i'll go down the de-cat straight though route just yet lol.

temporary-9.jpg

and with a tiny bit of Original Black (back to black), the engine cover came up really nice.

temporary-10.jpg

I had one of those as my first car too. Was great at the time.

Re: the headlights....have a search for those guides again and have a go yourself. If you do screw it up for any reason (which will be hard to do), I'm sure you can get a set from a breakers for not too much.

I mentioned this in the first post, it's my matte black vinyl wrapped badge, took me about an hour and a half to do it but i think it adds to the car. thinking about doing the back badges but probably spray them.

temporary-4.jpg

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Engine's nice and clean, wouldn't even bother trying to clean mine unless I had a pressure washer.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
once i started i thought i might as well finish.

That's the thing, once you start it's not so bad. I cleand all the inside of my spare wheel well the other day becuase it was damp and rank. Took some time but wasn't to bad once i was going.

i have the same car but in pearl black :) dual optics transform the clios front end dramatically and are a great modification/upgrade... take a look at some pics on my thread to see what i mean, there are some good guides on here that help you. also for phase 2 rear lights i have them for a while, but then saw some FK euro lights popped up cheap so i snapped those up :p

definately look into getting phase 2 rear lights cos they make the car look much cleaner and nicer IMO.

Yep, banged some phase 2 lights on this morning, get some pictures up tomo, took a bit of adapting but definitly worth it, bought them from a guy on the forum! love them

Can someone explain to me why i would need to do the wires, i just wacked the old bulb cluster on and hoped for the best lol, do the lights not match up or something.

because iirc the indicator and reverse bulb are the other way around from phase 1 and phase 2, so the reverse bulb will be barely flashing when indicators are on and the indicators will go on when reversing i think. it only took me 10 mins to do the wires its not hard mate :)

because iirc the indicator and reverse bulb are the other way around from phase 1 and phase 2, so the reverse bulb will be barely flashing when indicators are on and the indicators will go on when reversing i think. it only took me 10 mins to do the wires its not hard mate :)

It's occurred to me that however socially unacceptable a tape deck is, I'm gonna keep it, i bought a tape to aux, then i have no worries about the insurance and I'VE GOT A TAPE DECK haha, It's the best lol

So im finally on the road, heres a bit of an update on the progress:

Got the phase 2 rear lights and the pressed plates on:
ph2lights.jpg

and a couple of shots i got on my first outing:

front1.jpg

back2.jpg

back1copy.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Tidy example ;)

Please don't leave it on steelies, makes it look like a rental IMO. I think someone did get some alright looking aftermarket trims, you may have to look around for a while. Otherwise alloys or trims IMO.

I'm thinking white rim, black centre and maybe yellow callipers (do a decent job) might look alright, not sure yet though might look like a poor mans deep dish job lol. If i hate it, can always chuck the trims back on.

So after about an hour on photoshop, ive really gone all out in trying to make it how i would like it next year, so these are the plans for next year when my insurance comes down and i can declare everything, im guessing my insurance will stay the same if i declare the stuff, no point in running the risk not declaring imo.

So the plans:
Bigger splitter
Front Fogs
Turinis
Dual optics
Lowered
Colour Coding

thedream.jpg

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
looks really nice, clean and tidy. obv a dab hand with the old ps as well haha

So another mod of sort, I carbon wrapped my back badges, basically got the vinyl so hot it melted to the shape of the badge, which looks pretty cool bit rough round the edges buts looks good:

temporary-22.jpg

temporary-23.jpg

Update:

Perfect condition pov spec front lights - bought off a guy on here
Colour coded side strips
Full clay bar/ polish - eradicated swirls and most marks on the car.

temporary-25.jpg

temporary-28.jpg

temporary-26.jpg

temporary-272.jpg

temporary-2444-4.jpg

i tried to wet n dry them but they were totally knackered so by the time i'd got them smooth they were too scratched to polish out, but these are decent.

So a small update of some additions to the car, I came to use the camera on my windows phone this morning, wondered why the photos were coming like this, looked at my camera and must of had my keys in my pocket because the lens is completely trashed :(

--------------------------------------------------------------

Haters may hate - Blue TRS Tow Strap

Re-Wrapped my badge in blue vinyl, not to keen myself

Carbon Wrapped Spoiler, Wing Mirrors and boot button

Highlighted Grande badges

Clear Side Indicators with silver bulbs

WP_000331.jpg

WP_000333.jpg

WP_000334.jpg

WP_000336.jpg

WP_000337.jpg

WP_000338.jpg