ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

Electricals - my mates doing mine next week, I will ask him if hes interested in doing yours and how much + see if he can get mine running
Coolant pipes - have you used new hose clips?
Fuel system - Just need the pump and loom fitting?
I don't know if mine runs - don't worry.
New door - I will see what we have, whats wrong with yours?
Window seals - as above.
Speedo cable - Ive deffo got one of them as im not fitting one to mine.
Radio wiring - tag it onto the wiring bill.
Wheels - meh they can weight.
Camber - just adjust the bolts.. easy done.
Engine mount - I will ask if my mate will sell his and make another.

I wrote down the above. I will ask my mate if he wants to quote you on most of the work and parts above he would pick it up and bring it to are unit no doubt. so its out of the way too.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the problem is winston is i dont have any money now, its crippled me financially. to the point the z4 needs tyres and brakes to pass an MOT and im going to have to credit card

thankyou for the help, im not going to make any rash desicions right now because im emotional lol

Titanium 182
This car looks ace, why don't you take it a bit slower if you're struggling for money though ? just put a hold on the progress for a month or two to recoup financially :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i have no where to keep it now, my dad said i could have it on the drive for 3 weeks, about 7 weeks ago, im not getting my ear chewed off daily , i lready have to pay to keep my z4 at home and there is no more space for the mk1 as my ad has 4 cars.

Titanium 182
Put it on the road ? if it's under a car cover doubt you'll get any bother about tax and that. Or sell your mini and then you have room :D

Or ask a mate if they have space in their garage on their drive or front lawn or something. Must be somewhere else you can store it if he's being unreasonable about it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I just think I've reached the end of an emotional road. My living situation at home isn't plesant, I spend most of my time arguing with my arse of a dad and the golf while it wasn't at home was my escape, u could get away from everything b go stuck my head under that for a few days. But now it's at home it just adds to the stress n arguments.
Forgetting the money I need to do something,

Bloody women. No logic or reasoning. Just straight up tantrum! Lol.

A half finished Golf with a problems isn't going to be worth selling.

So this is what you do... Find a garage/shed/lockup/drive somewhere and stick a cover over it. Leave it there. You're planning to move down towards civilization aren't you? Wait until you've moved, then bring the car down. If takes you another month, 6 months or a year, so be it. Don't throw it all away because things are getting a bit hectic. That's the whole point of project, things go wrong and you fix them.

Man up TBQFH.

Titanium 182
Revels' slightly insensitive post is kinda right ! Just store it somewhere, I'm sure a quick google will find somewhere you could keep it, even if it's a garage you could rent for £25 a month or something. Then forget about it for a bit till you've sorted your Z4 financial stuff out and go back to it when you're ready.

Or I'll give you £500 for it ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm in the same boat tbh, I am so very poor because of it (and the only thing I've paid for in the past two months is fuel, but it raped my savings). Genuinely contemplate selling it but then I just can't bare to do it!

Keep at it Laura :) Will be so so worth it in the end!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Well I've manned up. After a few lovely pms that made me smile.

Just really struggling with it fighting back lol. I've odered some new parts that hopefully will over come a few problems.
Just the electrical issues I really need to get some help with

I for one LOVE this project, especially as its being done by a fellow girl without loads of mechanical help. Please dont split/sell it - its gonna be amazing for you when finished!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Well hopefully my new coolant pipes will arrive tonight and might be able to get some water to stay in the damn thing lol

then its a case of wiring in the fuel pump *gulp*

attaching some wires and then crying when it doesnt start lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Being Female Laura you'll cry even if it does start!

Good luck hun! Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel somewhere! :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
atm need some wires extending to the starter motor, the fuel pump, and sorting out why my indicators only work going one way and why i have no rear fog light :(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thats not too bad if you don't want to do it yourself most blokes that handy with a car should be able to help

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its more that fault finding i think ill struggle with... if things dont work im screwed. hopefully the coolant pipes will arrive tonight n ill have some sucsess... something needs to go right with it eventually lol.

also need to secure the battery in the boot

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Securing the battery is an easy job, just a case off getting some kind of strap and bolting it down either side.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well new coolant pips came last night, unfortunately they only sent me the new pipes not the new plug that goes with them.. grr

but anyway not had pics for a while so heres a pic of the engine bay for you lol
b82e6609.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Haha no deal ;p

Bought the new wheels today not what I was going for but an utter bargin I couldnt pass up! no pics until I get them next week. Might look w**k but can sell them for more than I paid so it's all good :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just the standard one atm.
it will need mating up to the manifold but that souldnt be too hard.

im just struggling with the enthusiasm to do it atm

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My car had been manhandled by a r****d for f**k knows how long, and now has been ragged to death (Well, passed death, there isn't even a word for how randomly fucked my engine is) and it still starts first turn of the key ;)